What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Nashville Skyline, arguably the only Dylan album worth owning, I own 14 of his albums and this is the only one I play.

DSC_0230.JPG

Now just hold on a cotton pickin' minute. I bow to no man in my love of country/country-rock/roots/Americana/call it what you will, but I'm also a massive Bobcat, and Nashville Skyline - pleasant though it is - has to be one of his LEAST essential albums. I even prefer the Self Portrait material (at least in its revamped 'Another Self Portrait' Bootleg Series 10 form).

Stack it up against the 65-66 era, or Blood on the Tracks, and it barely exists.

I'm not really a fan to be honest so my opinion should really be took with a pinch of salt, I like all of the tracks on NS, where as the other tracks I like by Dylan could make up a greatest hits mini album, so for me, its the best there is.

Never quite got on with Desire, not sure why.

I was going for self portrait but its a double album, I would be pushing my luck with that.

Like I say, Bootleg 10 (Another Self Portrait) is the way to go.

If you fork out for the deluxe version you get the full Live at the Isle of Wight Festival set, too. Expensive, mind.

Â