What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

One of todays purchases. Been looking for it for a while as this track is amazing. This is clearly the stand out track and that is probably because it features Konono No1. Rest of the album is decent but this one is fantastic

• Like 2

NEW ORDER'S NEW ALBUM. IS. AWESOME.

Sick of the hype already. Sick of being told they are back, sick of being told its just like the old New Order. Sick of being told its their best since Technique

Its not like the old New Order at all. No Hooky basslines and for me that set them apart.

And Giorgio Moroder would like his sequencer back. Track 4 "Plastic"'s synth line might as well be I Feel Love. Track 5 is Yello at which point I gave up

Captain, I am detecting large volumes of middle age in this sector

• Like 1

Sick of the hype already. Sick of being told they are back, sick of being told its just like the old New Order. Sick of being told its their best since Technique

Its not like the old New Order at all. No Hooky basslines and for me that set them apart.

And Giorgio Moroder would like his sequencer back. Track 4 "Plastic"'s synth line might as well be I Feel Love. Track 5 is Yello at which point I gave up

Well you'd have to be, to have been a fan in the first place

31 is definitely too young to be middle aged. I hope.

31 is definitely too young to be middle aged. I hope.

31 is too young to have seen them live at the Imperial Cinema on Moseley on the Movement Tour ;)

EDIT: I think I'm trying to say we come at their career from different ends. I was there at the start and for me their powers waned after the first three albums. In fact I wasn't really a fan of Blue Monday and detested Confusion but they picked it up again then started losing it for me. As much as everyone loved Technique, I didn't. For me it was always Movement, Power Corruption and Lies and Low Life, after that pretty much meh apart from the odd tune

Edited by bickster

Picked up 'Autumn Thunder' for £20 at the end of last year.

It's good.

The notes are quite interesting too, but not for the sports fans.

They wanted their own sound. It proved to be a bit of a challenge as much was recorded at Abbey Road and in Munich.

US and Europe went about recording slightly differently. He talks about microphones and technical stuff, as well as the composers' input.

• Like 1

Â