What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

A blast from my past, I hammered this at the time, along with american analog sets first few albums.

Those_who_tell_the_truth_shall_die.jpg

Explosions In The sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

Ridiculously great post rock track, hadn't listened to it in around 12 years, memories of that time come flooding back.

Edited by Seat68
added youtube video
  • Like 1

Listening to this behemoth of an album right now. Experimental black metal with some industrial and post-metal influences. Really unique and I couldn't recommend it more to anyone who enjoys the murkier shades of filth.

I bought this in 91 and loved it, it was tuneful, way better than a catholic education, their debut. My wife always said if anyone hooked up with me and were expecting a great record collection they would have a load of teenage fanclub, frank and walters and the wedding present. She is pretty correct. I hadnt heard of big star when I bought this, I hadnt heard nick drake before I bought belle and sebastian, now years later I prefer the influencers to the influenced, still bandwagonesque was a great album.

DSC_0232.JPG

• Like 1

I bought this in 91 and loved it, it was tuneful, way better than a catholic education, their debut. My wife always said if anyone hooked up with me and were expecting a great record collection they would have a load of teenage fanclub, frank and walters and the wedding present. She is pretty correct. I hadnt heard of big star when I bought this, I hadnt heard nick drake before I bought belle and sebastian, now years later I prefer the influencers to the influenced, still bandwagonesque was a great album.

DSC_0232.JPG

Love the Fannies. New album out soon, I believe. Hopefully a tour too.

DSC_0232.JPG

Love the Fannies. New album out soon, I believe. Hopefully a tour too.

I stopped pretty early on buying their stuff, I was flicking through the previously inaccessible albums and I saw that I had The King, Bandwagonesque, Grand Prix, Thirteen, Songs from northern britain and howdy, I must have stopped buying their albums at that point and the last single I bought was Neil Jung which was 95 if I recall. 

• Like 1

Nashville Skyline, arguably the only Dylan album worth owning, I own 14 of his albums and this is the only one I play.

DSC_0230.JPG

Now just hold on a cotton pickin' minute. I bow to no man in my love of country/country-rock/roots/Americana/call it what you will, but I'm also a massive Bobcat, and Nashville Skyline - pleasant though it is - has to be one of his LEAST essential albums. I even prefer the Self Portrait material (at least in its revamped 'Another Self Portrait' Bootleg Series 10 form).

Stack it up against the 65-66 era, or Blood on the Tracks, and it barely exists.

Nashville Skyline, arguably the only Dylan album worth owning, I own 14 of his albums and this is the only one I play.

DSC_0230.JPG

Do not agree. Are you saying Blood on the Tracks, Highway 61 and Desire are not worthy Dylan albums???

I have all of those, but I just didnt get on with them as much as Nashville Skyline, I thought they were ok, and maybe I am being dismissive, my comparison is nashville skyline and not music or albums in general.

Â