What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

You like a bit of Country don't you Seat?  ;)

Any recommendations for similar sounding stuff to the Handsome Family? I don't have a very extensive knowledge of the genre but I love some of the darker stuff.

If anything their side of it isnt really what I listen to, you listen to Lambchop? Pernice Brothers (the world wont end, in particular), http://thehoneyants.co.uk/they are a UK band, seem pretty good. I am a little lost when it comes to americana type country music, I hear people talking about father john misty. Woefully ignorant about that stuff.

Father John Misty is fantastic but I wouldn't put him any near the alt/dark Country genre, he does a lovely line in cynically lyrical Indie-Folk.

Worth checking out.

You like a bit of Country don't you Seat?  ;)

Any recommendations for similar sounding stuff to the Handsome Family? I don't have a very extensive knowledge of the genre but I love some of the darker stuff.

If anything their side of it isnt really what I listen to, you listen to Lambchop? Pernice Brothers (the world wont end, in particular), http://thehoneyants.co.uk/they are a UK band, seem pretty good. I am a little lost when it comes to americana type country music, I hear people talking about father john misty. Woefully ignorant about that stuff.

Father John Misty is fantastic but I wouldn't put him any near the alt/dark Country genre, he does a lovely line in cynically lyrical Indie-Folk.

Worth checking out.

One of my favourite albums is white light by gene clark, it may fall into that category, its ridiculously good.

• Like 1

Try Murder By Death.

• Like 1

Quarters by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Four 10 minute tracks of sublime retro psychadelic guitar trippyness

A little different to their previous stuff!

Reading the 'dark country' suggestions and i'll chuck in Other Lives - 'Rituals' or their previous album 'Tamer Animals' and Timber Timbre - 'Hot Dreams' 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

They were at Glastonbury and I wanted to see them, but ended up being miles away on both occasions.

Would love to see these in some dingy small club  - think they'd be terrific!!!

Have had Quarters on all day with Multi Love by Unknown Mortal Orchestra, another great album, which compliments Quarters well!

for those of you with an occasional folk bent, the R6 Cerys Matthews show this morning might be worth a listen on catch up, or even just a scan down the track listing on the website

very Sunday, very good 

Â