• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Its being reported he's getting £2m a year on a 3 year contract. Is that cheap ? - doesn't seem like it to me ?

Seems about the going rate to me. It's not the £5m that Ancelotti would've wanted but it's not exactly bargain basement. Again, it's that annoying area in the middle that neither side can get worked up over :P

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait for the comments about the strategy being the same, goals haven't changed, we are still competing etc.

The funny thing is that McClaren was a target after all, and look where he went. Nottingham **** Forest! Not even a Premiership club.

If anyone is interested, Mr Lerner has gone home.

IF McLeish HAS got the job that would strike me as very cowardly if true

almost looks as though he is running away from the protests and fallout ...really hope that isn't the case

I hope they don't jettison Sid when McLeish brings his team with him. That'll be another slap in the face to the fans.

Why? If Houllier and McAllister were failures, then so was Cowans?

What reason, other than blind sentiment, is there to protect Sid's job?

Stu, fans who pay their way can do whatever the hell they like. Don't try and be all PC Plod.

Excuse me? So you pay to go see the villa and you can slag off a very good chairman whenever you want?

By that token Randy can tell you to jam it up your arse as he has put far more money into the club than you ever will.

Villa fans acting like children all over the place at the moment.

True, he has put in far more than any fan. He will probably get his money back....with interest and profit. We will not.

Its being reported he's getting £2m a year on a 3 year contract. Is that cheap ? - doesn't seem like it to me ?

THink its double what the scum were paying him and it doesnt include the cost of gettin relegated.

"he aint got a clue, he aint got a clueeeee, randy Learner aint got a clue !! lol
If he comes to the first game of the season I'd be tempted to point to the executive box and shout "you don't know what you're doing" :lol:

The day Randy Lerner gets booed at Villa Park will be an exceptionally sad day in the history of Aston Villa football club.

However, if he turns up, it will happen, and in someways would be understandable (though I wouldnt partake).

Matey i'd never boo at the villa , i'm just airing my views here so it's out of my system when i watch MOD and they all start taking the mic !!! Got to say though i admire all that support to the end , if i was single and lived on my own i would also renew my season ticket but last year for me was the last straw.. It's been a total shambles with Mcallister being there IMO and time to realise that football should be a lifestyle choice thats enoyable not one that has to occur due to the fact i've been going for 24yrs and die hard till i die..

It's significantly cheaper than MON and Houllier.

Probably not if you add on the compensation we're allegedly going to have to pay

Stu, fans who pay their way can do whatever the hell they like. Don't try and be all PC Plod.

Excuse me? So you pay to go see the villa and you can slag off a very good chairman whenever you want?

By that token Randy can tell you to jam it up your arse as he has put far more money into the club than you ever will.

Villa fans acting like children all over the place at the moment.

True, he has put in far more than any fan. He will probably get his money back....with interest and profit. We will not.

Really? How much do you think villa would sell for?

So its all done and dusted. Will he get much money for any potential transfers? Or will he be working on a limited budget? If so, who would you bring in?

I hear Owen Hargreaves is a free agent. But, there is a reason for that. INJURIES, INJURIES, and more INJURIES. thoughts?

The media are saying that AVFC are taking a big risk in hiring McLeish.

In my book risk means uncertainty, and I am not uncertain of the outcome here!

He will stay for two years, tops three. We will have a little bit weaker squad, our brand of football will have become worse, attendances will have gone down and we don't have Darren Bent anymore.

Imagine being a player hearing about former players like Mark Hughes, even an up and coming Martinez, Martin Jol, Frank Rijkaard, Carlo Ancelotti and Sanchez Flores. Then they open the newspaper

and see this ginger, **** joker accepting the job.

WTF!?

I'm not talking about me, but some fans struggle to buy ST's, they should be allowed to cheer, boo or whatever in my opinion

My word.

Can you not see its these 'fans' who boo the team that destroyed our season last year?? Now theyre probably the same fans who want Houllier back!! Unbelievable!

Add to that the fans kicking and screaming over Martinez and McClaren being appointed, its no wonder Randy is saying '**** it' im gonna get WHO I THINK IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. Im surprised weve even managed to attract aq manager AT ALL with how the fans are behaving. Embarassing.

Whether you agree or not (personally, i dont, but hey thats life) at the end of the day this is Villa and we shouldnt be booing them.

What players will sign for us if there booing at the ground every other week? NONE. THATS RIGHT! Nobody will want to play for us, and its **** all to do with McLeish...its the fans

If anyone is interested, Mr Lerner has gone home.

IF McLeish HAS got the job that would strike me as very cowardly if true

almost looks as though he is running away from the protests and fallout ...really hope that isn't the case

Maybe, (and it's my last shred of hope so don't take it away from me) but maybe he has gone home to consider which is the best of his 5 candidates, 4 of which we haven't heard about. :lol:

Now where are those straws?

Ah, but in exchange for putting our money into the club, fans get the right to vent their spleen at any perceived sleight, demand refunds and apologies and generally feel precious about anybody disrespecting the club.

You can't put a price on that.

The media are saying that AVFC are taking a big risk in hiring McLeish.

In my book risk means uncertainty, and I am not uncertain of the outcome here!

He will stay for two years, tops three. We will have a little bit weaker squad, our brand of football will have become worse, attendances will have gone down and we don't have Darren Bent anymore.

Imagine being a player hearing about former players like Mark Hughes, even an up and coming Martinez, Martin Jol, Frank Rijkaard, Carlo Ancelotti and Sanchez Flores. Then they open the newspaper

and see this ginger, **** joker accepting the job.

WTF!?

A lot of people inside the game are saying it is a good appointment. Only downside is fans' reaction to being ex blues.

I'd be interested in how much you know about rijkaard (not counting barca and the ethos instilled by cruyff) and flores' brand of football?

I'm not talking about me, but some fans struggle to buy ST's, they should be allowed to cheer, boo or whatever in my opinion

My word.

Can you not see its these 'fans' who boo the team that destroyed our season last year?? Now theyre probably the same fans who want Houllier back!! Unbelievable!

Add to that the fans kicking and screaming over Martinez and McClaren being appointed, its no wonder Randy is saying '**** it' im gonna get WHO I THINK IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. Im surprised weve even managed to attract aq manager AT ALL with how the fans are behaving. Embarassing.

Whether you agree or not (personally, i dont, but hey thats life) at the end of the day this is Villa and we shouldnt be booing them.

What players will sign for us if there booing at the ground every other week? NONE. THATS RIGHT! Nobody will want to play for us, and its **** all to do with McLeish...its the fans

Lets the blame the fans lark is coming in now hey, do me a favour! So its all our fault of this current mess hey, Randy Lerner could have stopped this and he must be clever enough to realise what reaction this is going to cause, you now can't say lets employ McLeish who by the way is a SHIT Manager, relegated twice in three premier league seasons. If Randy wants out, he can go as far as i'm concerned.

Nobody will want to play for Alex McLeish unless his name is Barry Ferguson or Kenny Miller.