• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I am not giving some kind of defence to McLeish but maybe looking at this from a diff perspective.

Yes McLeish football has been very negative BUT, with the right backing and with some of the players we have, can anyone see McLeish expanding his game.

What I mean is, building a rock solid defence like he did with Blues' 1st season up and then bringing in the players to compliment Bent, Gabby, Super Marc, Delph, Bannan.

Lets face it, Lerner likes the fact we got a youth academy and we know they are good enough to make the step up, so he is gonna make it known to McLeish what he expects. We have got great players at that club and with the right players and tactics to suit we could do well.

What I am saying is, McLeish maybe had to play a certain style of football based on the limited resources he had.

Just a thought so don't kill me for it.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We obviously have to lower our expectations but I still can't understand why we couldn't go for an up and coming name like Poyet or Greyson rather than plumping for someone we know will be mediocre and divisive.

You saw the reactions when Martinez and McClaren were bin the frame.

Gus Poyet or Grayson would probably blow the VT servers up, not to mention the lynch mob that would have gone down VP.

Basically, if it werent Ancelotti or Moyes...people were always going to moan

I have a horrible thought.

If McLeish does struggle, like let's say 3 points out of 10 games, I bet you the board would still back him all the way. Even if it we meant we were clear relegation favourites. They would be so gutless to say they made the wrong choice and will never sack him no matter how bad it gets.

Then when we're relegated, Randy will no doubt sell up and leave us in the shit.

We obviously have to lower our expectations but I still can't understand why we couldn't go for an up and coming name like Poyet or Greyson rather than plumping for someone we know will be mediocre and divisive.

Gus Poyet or Grayson would probably blow the VT servers up, not to mention the lynch mob that would have gone down VP.

*cough* Hughes??

If McLeish does struggle, like let's say 3 points out of 10 games, I bet you the board would still back him all the way. Even if it we meant we were clear relegation favourites. They would be so gutless to say they made the wrong choice and will never sack him no matter how bad it gets.

Then when we're relegated, Randy will no doubt sell up and leave us in the shit.

There is no evidence to support any of this nonsense.

Calm down dear.

:bonk:

Grudging acceptance that we do not have any real choice but to accept the fact he is going to be our new manager, be interested now in the first press conference and what kind of squad we end up with come the end of the summer. This will be a true test of were we are going, decide to bring in some cheap players to supplement the youth and then we know that Randy has now decided that we are a mid table team sometimes making a push for europe.

Calm down dear.

Dude what the ****. Honestly, this is what I can't stand. It's the fact fans still say stuff like 'nonsense' when the **** board hired McLeish with no logical explanation whatsoever.

We were on our knees when everything looked dark under Houllier. We were in the bottom 3 at winter. Instead of sacking him, Randy decided to spend over 20m on a player who scores goals to help us get out of this mess. They'll probably do the same with McLeish as another panic buy, but who is he gonna pick? The other Bent?

Don't buy it. People would be way more happier with any of them over mcleish, I know I would.

Calm down dear.

Dude what the ****. Honestly, this is what I can't stand. It's the fact fans still say stuff like 'nonsense' when the **** board hired McLeish with no logical explanation whatsoever.

We were on our knees when everything looked dark under Houllier. We were in the bottom 3 at winter. Instead of sacking him, Randy decided to spend over 20m on a player who scores goals to help us get out of this mess. They'll probably do the same with McLeish as another panic buy, but who is he gonna pick? The other Bent?

To be fair, keeping Houllier on and funding the Bent transfer proved to be the right thing to do. However, this is much different as the season as just finished and there are far better options available. I could kind of understand appointing McLeish if there wasn't much else out there but there are a lot of options out there.

Don't kid yourself.

McLeish was always going to provoke far more negative reaction than any of those names mentioned. So dont be so deliberately stupid.

I notice you left Hughes off that list btw.

Thing is - if we look at Mcliesh's achievement and come to the fact he is mediocre (which I dont disagree with), how anyone can look at Moyes' record and see any different is beyond me.

FWIW, I dont want either. We need a first rate manager and the only way we would get one is to appoint someone with the potential to be first rate. i think Martinez has that!!