• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to have the job. Time to get behind the club, chairman, manager and players. Let's look forward to the transfers! Randy will prove himself again by backing mcleish in the transfer market.

Anyone else bored with the negativity that is going around our club over the last 18 months?

Before anyone starts laying into Lerner, it'd be interesting to note just how many Press Conferences he's attended during his time at VP. Maybe 1/2,

Only one i can think of is when we signed Carew and Young , he sat at the back lookin proud .

That is very very poor for Lerner if he has gone home. Surely he should come out proud he has got his man if/when Mcleish gets announced.

If Mcleish has his press conference and the chairman isn't there any respect i have for Lerner will have gone.

Snowy, while it might be 'quite helpful' for someone offering advice to be further down that road, it is in no way a necessity. Sometimes sound advice can be given from a position where the person knows where they want to be, not necessarily where they are. This might be one of those times. It is true that people are still using MON to too much of an extent in discussions IMO. Hell, some still use DOL. The point being that it's not always helpful or relevant and can often be destructive to a discussion.

When Houllier left I thought to myself that the only semi-realistic appointment that would literally make me cheer was Ancelotti. Now Mark Hughes would do it for me. People say it would look bad being second choice to McLeish but we can be sure of one thing - if Randy did call the McLeish appointment off and went and got someone else whoever that person was would receive a heroes welcome at VP.

Anyone else bored with the negativity that is going around our club over the last 18 months?

YES!!!

Time to stop moaning and bitching and pull together. I just cannot hack another season of negativity from the terraces.

If you're gonna go to Villa park to boo the team, do us all a favour and fookin stay at home.

Cheers.

P.S add to that the fact that the noses will be unbelievably pissed off with us if McLeish does a good job! 8)

And FWIW i think Randy is gonna spunk a shedload of money on new talent to come in. Lets just give McLeish a CHANCE at least and see who he can bring in

So McLeish has got the job then?

not yet.

but someone has by the sounds of it, and its 99% certain to be McLeish.

Well, well, well.

Time to move on then. Can't say I pleased about it, not in the slightest.

But, I'll still support the Villa. It doesn't exactly fill me with excitement or optimism though, especially after last season; I was hoping for more. How wrong I was.

Get the deal done and get on with it. I tell you what, I've not looked forward to press conference more than the unveiling one for McLeish, gonna be **** interesting to say the least.

Cant believe some of the shite im reading about Randy

I think you have to expec that unfortunately. The fans have done what they can, first reasoned argument via forums and emails to the club. Then by protest via facebook and outside the ground. Finally, the last straw is to lash out at those they believe to be culpable, in this case, Randy and the board.

I cannot believe how disappointed I feel. All those years of yo yoing with Doug, feeling like we were nearly there then failing when it mattered most. The appointment of ONeill quickly followed by Randy buying the club generated a massive feel good factor at the club and amongst the fans. That feeling, along with the 5 year plan has gradually eroded and I genuinely feel that we are now at a stage where Villa are stagnant at best, declining at worst.

I will always support the club, I dont know how not to. But the money I have spent on merchandise and watching games with my kids will stop. McLeish (if appointed) is on a hiding to nothing. I cannot possibly see a way for him to win. We will not go on massive winning streaks, we will not be competing for players like Young, Delph, Bent and Downing any more as we dont have the draw of a charasmatic manager or the feel of a club on the up. We are destined for mediocrity, again, a feeling that I have had for more than 30 or my 40 years as a fan.

I had hoped my kids could expect better.

The thought of Mcleish and Faulkner's smug face with an absent Lerner is terrible. Our board have lost their **** minds and I fully expect the fans to turn on each other rather than trying to just get behind the club and staff.

If they kick Sid out the backroom I'm going to be more steaming than I am now

Before anyone starts laying into Lerner, it'd be interesting to note just how many Press Conferences he's attended during his time at VP. Maybe 1/2,

Given the circumstances it would be a bit gutless not to be there at the appointment.

Snowy, while it might be 'quite helpful' for someone offering advice to be further down that road, it is in no way a necessity. Sometimes sound advice can be given from a position where the person knows where they want to be, not necessarily where they are.

That may well be true. It may help the advisor if they were aware of where they actually were, though.

Anyway, this is all off topic, let's get back to the current managerial vacancy.