• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

"he aint got a clue, he aint got a clueeeee, randy Learner aint got a clue !! lol
If he comes to the first game of the season I'd be tempted to point to the executive box and shout "you don't know what you're doing" :lol:

The day Randy Lerner gets booed at Villa Park will be an exceptionally sad day in the history of Aston Villa football club.

However, if he turns up, it will happen, and in someways would be understandable (though I wouldnt partake).

It would be entirely understandable - a lot of our fans are very, very stupid.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else noticed how ill RL looks?? Could it be no otheer manager wants to take the helm and he's seriously realised how difficult it is running a club while living the other side of the planet , so to speak

Just caught a climpse of some news on the Radio " Villa expected to announce the signing of AM , this wont go down well with some villa fans due to his connections with B'ham City " . When are the media gonna get it into there thick **** heads , we dont want him cause he's bloody crap , naff all to do with the fact he used to manage bloose ?

Just caught a climpse of some news on the Radio " Villa expected to announce the signing of AM , this wont go down well with some villa fans due to his connections with B'ham City " . When are the media gonna get it into there thick **** heads , we dont want him cause he's bloody crap , naff all to do with the fact he used to manage bloose ?

The 600 or so Villa fans who spent a couple of hours singing "Shit on the City" and "**** off Small Heath, the city is ours" last night haven't helped with the media's interpretation of things though.

I'm not talking about me, but some fans struggle to buy ST's, they should be allowed to cheer, boo or whatever in my opinion

My word.

Can you not see its these 'fans' who boo the team that destroyed our season last year?? Now theyre probably the same fans who want Houllier back!! Unbelievable!

Add to that the fans kicking and screaming over Martinez and McClaren being appointed, its no wonder Randy is saying '**** it' im gonna get WHO I THINK IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. Im surprised weve even managed to attract aq manager AT ALL with how the fans are behaving. Embarassing.

Whether you agree or not (personally, i dont, but hey thats life) at the end of the day this is Villa and we shouldnt be booing them.

What players will sign for us if there booing at the ground every other week? NONE. THATS RIGHT! Nobody will want to play for us, and its **** all to do with McLeish...its the fans

Lets the blame the fans lark is coming in now hey, do me a favour! So its all our fault of this current mess hey, Randy Lerner could have stopped this and he must be clever enough to realise what reaction this is going to cause, you now can't say lets employ McLeish who by the way is a SHIT Manager, relegated twice in three premier league seasons. If Randy wants out, he can go as far as i'm concerned.

Nobody will want to play for Alex McLeish unless his name is Barry Ferguson or Kenny Miller.

The fans can only be blamed if they don't even give the man a chance. How can someone support the team if they are busy booing the manager? This will not allow the team to progress. And players will want out with none wanting to join.

As for your comment on Lerner, I thought you were better than that. You forgotten how much he spent in January. You may not agree with his choice of manager but at the very least Lerner deserves respect.

relegated twice in three premier league seasons

Really?? WOW thanks for telling me that, i would never have knew. Where did you hear this??

No point of actually having a debate with you.

Debate?? Youre just regurgitating the same shit thats been posted in the last 700 odd pages!!

Relegated twice, boring football, ginger, blah blah blah

Quick point that will surely be lost in the shuffle: The appointment is a bad one, there is virtual unanimity in that. You can, as a Villa supporter, say "let's get on with it. Support the team. Suck it up." You can say, "well the board know what they're doing..." You can complain about the antics of protesting Villa fans. But to me, good management should have its finger on the pulse of its supporters and be keenly aware of decisions that might inspire huge protests. They need not ask our opinions. They should know what our reaction would be given a certain decision. It's just good leadership. It's also closely aligned with tact. You don't say things that will bring about a negative reaction.

My 2 cents.

The 600 or so Villa fans who spent a couple of hours singing "Shit on the City" and "**** off Small Heath, the city is ours" last night haven't helped with the media's interpretation of things though.

To be honest since he-who-must-not-be-named left it's been impossible to get anything helpful out of the media anyway

I'm not talking about me, but some fans struggle to buy ST's, they should be allowed to cheer, boo or whatever in my opinion

My word.

Can you not see its these 'fans' who boo the team that destroyed our season last year?? Now theyre probably the same fans who want Houllier back!! Unbelievable!

Add to that the fans kicking and screaming over Martinez and McClaren being appointed, its no wonder Randy is saying '**** it' im gonna get WHO I THINK IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. Im surprised weve even managed to attract aq manager AT ALL with how the fans are behaving. Embarassing.

Whether you agree or not (personally, i dont, but hey thats life) at the end of the day this is Villa and we shouldnt be booing them.

What players will sign for us if there booing at the ground every other week? NONE. THATS RIGHT! Nobody will want to play for us, and its **** all to do with McLeish...its the fans

Have to say i agree with you Stu here... This "booing " thing is actually getting really boring now.. May as well give everyone a little cuddly bear on the way into the ground & when something happens like a substitution is made which they, being more knowledgeable than the manager of course, disagree with they can throw it out onto the pitch 5 year old stylee. .. But seriously this "i can boo if i want i pays me money" attitude is seriously damaging.. It bemuses me why people are so startled at the level of manager we can evidently attract here because i guarantee that any top proffessional leader would be well aware that it is an impossibility to achieve greatness with negativity in the ranks .. They teach that in management trainings etc for goodness sake so someone right at the top wouldn't come near Villa Park as it is sadly, prone to some negativity now & then.

I guess what i am trying to say is that when you pay your money you do indeed have a choice.. To support the team .. Or to Boo & critisize as you see fit ... though i think it is also important to understand the effects of what you are doing .... Players living in fear of being booed & jumped on or likewise hearing their manager booed etc will perform at a lower level than if they are encouraged & urged on without all the negativity... Other teams are also well aware that we can be "difficult" at times & they play to that which also has an effect.

Of course we all do it out of frustration, passion & our desire to see Villa do well.. I have done it myself in the heat of the moment in the past too so i know those feelings but what i realised was that it just causes the players heads to drop so now instead i just mutter under my breath or something :lol: We all feel like it sometimes just realize it is 100% affecting the players .. & no not in a good way!

My word.

THIS

Amazing, the only manager who would have managed to make it into minus votes on the poll at the top of this topic is getting the job. Unbelievable. Wake up anyone who thinks Randy and the board still give a shit about the fans, history and tradition of AV.

True but a few of the interviews i saw with some of those fans were telling the interviewer he's not up to the job of managing Villa nothing to do with the fact he used to manage bloose :?

My word.

Have to say i agree with you Stu here... This "booing " thing is actually getting really boring now.. May as well give everyone a little cuddly bear on the way into the ground & when something happens like a substitution is made which they, being more knowledgeable than the manager of course, disagree with they can throw it out onto the pitch 5 year old stylee. .. But seriously this "i can boo if i want i pays me money" attitude is seriously damaging.. It bemuses me why people are so startled at the level of manager we can evidently attract here.. Any top proffessional leader would be well aware that it is an impossibility to achieve greatness with negativity in the ranks .. They teach that in management trainings etc for goodness sake so someone right at the top wouldn't come near Villa Park as it is sadly, often a cauldron of negativity.

With our fans, we're already relegated with that attitude, Alots said about Everton fans but they set an example to our followers.

If i cud just go and watch the game it wouldnt be so bad but its the getting into arguments with people that support the same team that worries me.

I mean if dunne scores an og and then bent misses 5 one on ones and we lose 1-0 as much as a dont like mcgash it wont be his fault but people will blame him and the board anyway!!!

Then when you say this it turns into a row and is no longer enjoyable!!

Anyone else envisage this happening?

True but a few of the interviews i saw with some of those fans were telling the interviewer he's not up to the job of managing Villa nothing to do with the fact he used to manage bloose :?

That's a bit harsh - he's only an interviewer.... :winkold:

Tribal rivalries are more interesting to report on than questions of competence.