• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say AM stays here 4 years. We play anti-football, we are never in relegation danger, but dont finish higher than 7th either. We do however win the FA Cup once. Would you take it?

"anti-football" is a subjective term. There are many who thought MONs football was not good.

We could give Ancelotti £200m and it still wouldn't guarantee CL football so...

given the choice of 5ths and 6ths whilst winning nothing OR 7th and below with an FA cup win - I'd go for the silverware.

Let's say AM stays here 4 years. We play anti-football, we are never in relegation danger, but dont finish higher than 7th either. We do however win the FA Cup once. Would you take it?

"anti-football" is a subjective term. There are many who thought MONs football was not good.

We could give Ancelotti £200m and it still wouldn't guarantee CL football so...

given the choice of 5ths and 6ths whilst winning nothing OR 7th and below with an FA cup win - I'd go for the silverware.

The thing is it's going to be 7th and below (more often than not way below 7th I expect) while playing the absolute worst "football" seen at Villa Park for a long time. We'll be scoring hardly any goals and be relying on a defence full of cloggers who are just going to hoof and kick at any opportunity.

I bet he signs Gardner.

Read somewhere he might be going to Newcastle

Only if Joey Barton leaves, and after his comments earlier about 'only leaving for a Champions League club', I can't see him going any time soon..

McLeish is my last choice to manage the Villa, just behind Robert Mugabe, but what are my options now? I Could ask for my season ticket money back and not go, but I'm losing out as well as the club. I don't go to Villa Park to watch the manager sat in the dugout or runnnig up and down the technical area, I go to watch whichever 11 to 14 players are going to wear the famous claret and blue and I don't want to give that up as I would miss it too much. So although I'm unhappy at the choice the board have made I will still go Villa Park every home match because I love it and I love Aston Villa!!!!. I'm not saying that those who have said they are not going love Villa any less than I do , I'm just saying why I will still be going, - LOVE!!!

MON's football was direct.

McLeish is the epitome of negative antifootball.

Believe me there is a big difference.

As I'll be paying around £1400 to watch it next season I might as well look forward to seeing for myself! :detect:

I bet he signs Gardner.

Read somewhere he might be going to Newcastle

Only if Joey Barton leaves, and after his comments earlier about 'only leaving for a Champions League club', I can't see him going any time soon..

I believe both Sunderland and Newcastle we're interested.

Newcastle need to replace Nolan, remember.

Anyway... :offtopic:

I'd rather win nothing over the next 4 seasons and have respectable league placing but seeing the club move forward than winning any silverware!

I just don't think AM is the man to do this. We need our squad to be rebuilt and youth to be pushed through.. I'm just not condifent in his abailities to do that whils tplaying attractive football.

My biggest fear is that he wont be able to hold onto the players we ned to be keeping, he's also only used to scratting around in the bins for players who will "do a job" and I use that term loosely. So i really fear for the calibre of player he would bring in, never mind the fact he wont be able to attract players good enough.

I am hoping that at least the anti-football stuff won't be as bad as expected as he's working with better players. I don't think he was accused of anti-football or being hugeley negative at Rangers, was he? It might not be tippy-tappy but I'll pray for something watchable.

I'd take 7th place and a cup all day long though. Without major investment, 7th is the best that most managers could get us to in the current Prem. Tough to see us finishing ahead of any of these with or without McLeish: Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool.

I am, like all on here confused by this decision, but what confuses more is all these so called die hard, Villa 'til I die, I bleed claret and blue fans would be prepared to give up their season tickets and even give up attending games just because they don't agree with the choice of manager. This is surely the time where you do show your real support, for the 11 that pull on the claret and blue and represent our beloved team. I just don't get it.

If you hear thunder this afternoon, it's because God is shocked at this situation...

Paul McGrath via twitter

I'm shocked to tink that of all the managers available AstonVilla board are considering our fiercest rivals X manager after there relegation

The thing is it's going to be 7th and below (more often than not way below 7th I expect) while playing the absolute worst "football" seen at Villa Park for a long time. We'll be scoring hardly any goals and be relying on a defence full of cloggers who are just going to hoof and kick at any opportunity.

Bookmarked for future reference in the hope of a triumphant "You Were Wrong" moment :)