• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Get the deal done and get on with it. I tell you what, I've not looked forward to press conference more than the unveiling one for McLeish, gonna be **** interesting to say the least.
Same here. I wanna see how Faulkner/McLeish spins it. I'm dreading the cringeworthy articles that are gonna appear on the OS though.

"Get behind Big Eck and his men for a fab start to the season"

Or something along those lines.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get behind the team and Mcliesh no matter how much im against the appointment but i have lost all faith in the board unfortunatly they have practially stuck their fingers up to the fans its a disgrace.

the thing that dissapoints me the most is we ar going to play such ugly football and it will be so boring to watch i try to go to a few games each season but im broke most of the time now i really dont see the point in wasting my money.

"he aint got a clue, he aint got a clueeeee, randy Learner aint got a clue !! lol
If he comes to the first game of the season I'd be tempted to point to the executive box and shout "you don't know what you're doing" :lol:

Stu, fans who pay their way can do whatever the hell they like. Don't try and be all PC Plod.

Fans who go to the game just to boo the team are stupid. Im sorry but if they cant see thats detrimental to the club as a whole then theyre even more stupid than i first thought.

Stu, fans who pay their way can do whatever the hell they like. Don't try and be all PC Plod.

Excuse me? So you pay to go see the villa and you can slag off a very good chairman whenever you want?

By that token Randy can tell you to jam it up your arse as he has put far more money into the club than you ever will.

Villa fans acting like children all over the place at the moment.

the thing that dissapoints me the most is we ar going to play such ugly football and it will be so boring to watch i try to go to a few games each season but im broke most of the time now i really dont see the point in wasting my money.

How can you say this though?!?!

Give him a single fookin game in charge of the team AT LEAST!!

"he aint got a clue, he aint got a clueeeee, randy Learner aint got a clue !! lol
If he comes to the first game of the season I'd be tempted to point to the executive box and shout "you don't know what you're doing" :lol:

The day Randy Lerner gets booed at Villa Park will be an exceptionally sad day in the history of Aston Villa football club.

However, if he turns up, it will happen, and in someways would be understandable (though I wouldnt partake).

I will get behind the team and Mcliesh no matter how much im against the appointment but i have lost all faith in the board unfortunatly they have practially stuck their fingers up to the fans its a disgrace.

Way to get behind the manager there. With support like that he has nothing to worry about, at least we're not prejudging him.

I hate to disappoint, but I very much doubt whether there will be a fanfare, or even a press conference.

A small announcement by way of a press release, and then on with the business of running a football club.

If there is a 'face the media' moment, then Paul Faulkner is paid a lot of money to handle such occasions as part of his job. There is no requirement for his boss to do so.

Fans who go to the game just to boo the team are stupid. Im sorry but if they cant see thats detrimental to the club as a whole then theyre even more stupid than i first thought.

Agree with this.

I'm not a AM fan or agree with the appointment in anyway but...

What if we're doing well solid top half team and have a good cup run?

Will people just refuse to go full stop, not be pleased that we're winning and doing well?

That makes no sense to me.

Course they will come back it's just the way footy is. As soon as things are going well people will start turning up to games and buying shirts.

How can you say this though?!?!

Give him a single fookin game in charge of the team AT LEAST!!

Herein lies a lot of the problem in his appointment, a certain element wont give him one game, especially if we dont win.

This will affect everyone on matchday, like it or not!

Its being reported he's getting £2m a year on a 3 year contract. Is that cheap ? - doesn't seem like it to me ?

It's significantly cheaper than MON and Houllier.

Excuse me? So you pay to go see the villa and you can slag off a very good chairman whenever you want?

By that token Randy can tell you to jam it up your arse as he has put far more money into the club than you ever will.

Villa fans acting like children all over the place at the moment.

Did i say i was going to? My point is you cannot say to anyone else what they should and shouldn't do, what makes you special, you haven't put in as much as Randy either. Randy has to take the good with the bad, it's that **** simple, I'm not talking about me, but some fans struggle to buy ST's, they should be allowed to cheer, boo or whatever in my opinion. Randy has had the fans backing for 5 years, he would have continued to have had it had he listened to the majority support as its a minority supporting McLeish.