• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely GK doesn't post on FB? I'm calling a fake. It's written in the same style, but the whole content is not what he would write. He's never public about stuff like that.

Sorry mate, I think you're in denial. I'd say with almost certainty that this is the General. The style, the wording, the tone... it all adds up to it being him.

Gutted.

I think people are reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into the gens post. He's merely stating something obvious to anyone who has gone through puberty.

1)McLeish isn't a terrible manager regardless of the track record of his last club

2)Writing off a guy simply because he runs the rivals is retarded.

3)IF McLeish was to be appointed mgr of AVFC, we have considerably greater resources at our disposal to support said mgr.

4) The board is looking at all sorts of issues, they are aware of fan feelings, but ultimately they will make a decision based on what' best for AVFC, not what the fans want.

It's not at all obvious to me that what the Gen is saying is implying McLeish is a shoe in. Not at all.

I am not at all concerned about this tempest in a teapot, to be honest.

The board have remained silent throughout this whole sorry affair so why would GK all of a sudden blow his top over facebook and not on the villa talk website??

That was from Vital Villa if you check quoted on Facebook.

If thats the choice of Randy & the board then i trust the decision... Don't forget folks if it doesn't work they can always get someone else in. I can't blame McCleish for seeing the light nor can i blame Randy for deciding on him if he is the best avaliable candidate willing to come here.

I too will be there.

Then why the heck bow to pressure with McClaren? - knew we would regret it take away the England debacle he was a decent appointment.

I hope you know what you've done, Randy.

Because they thought Martinez was in the bag.

The protests may yet stop this - but a board so devoid of ideas - would then only have GMAC to look to

can't imagine that after GK always goes on about not doing things in the media, he would go and post that on facebook of all places.

if its a fake (and i hope so) then its a very good one, got GKs style down perfect

if its real, then :shock: :x i've supported randy and the board over the last 4-5 years, i've been on their side during this manager search and haven't got worked up that it's all been kept watertight. but if he thinks McCleish is the best man for the job, and he is our next manager then he is done at Villa.

i do not see how he could do it and not face a total uprising from the fans.

There are two accounts on Facebook.. Chuck Krulak and Charles Krulak. "Chuck" has the Viking helmet 5-1 picture as the main picture. "Charles" has the USMC Commandant official portrait as the main picture.

They can't both be real..

Unbelievable, i'm truly gutted !

I'll still be there supporting the team next season, but the board had better have a hell of a plan, as this is going to be a massive PR disaster, which will make it harder to be a success on the pitch.

I'm sorry but that post is clearly a fake! First off it was posted on facebook, why would the GK start posting posting elsewhere rather than the usual forums that he has done for 5 years? and if he did post somewhere else i'm sure facebook would be the bottom of the pile...

The post also lacks a bit of class which the General never does, he would never slag off other owners like that even SHA owners.

the guy who wrote it got GK's style of writing on the tee but I'm sorry I would be astonished if that is actually from GK.

Reading between the lines from the statement;

Positive: He does state that he is not confirming a rumour

Negative: It appears he has done his homework on AM and this confirms to me their is some truth to these rumours.

Also I have noticed that Kendrick, F Abraham & MM have not commented on any websites since this has all kicked off.

My opinion is I think RL & co have done us proud over the past number of years, but this to me will cause a massive rift between the board and the fans.

If this is true i have a message to GK: Please do not come on the Villa boards and state how important the fans are and that the fans are the club. Because this will fall on deaf ears and anything you do write will not be believed again. I really hope that we are wrong!!!!