• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of somebody within Villa who knew of McLeishs resignation on Saturday morning. He heard first hand that he was due in for talks about the job. I dont normally post this sort of stuff but thats what ive heard this morning.

Im worried.

:!:

Just a thought but what would people think if we'd appointed McLeish from Rangers when he'd just beaten O'Neill's Celtic to the title on the last day (was it 2004?) with pretty much the same resources as O'Neill had if not less.

I'm not on the wind up here - just trying to see something positive in this appointment if it happens.

Why have the club not realised what they are doing it utterly wrong.
We don't even know what they're doing yet.

This is a situation that the club should deny if it isn't true. Silence means we are likely after him.

Not everyone has the same ways of thinking. Regardless, it's not fair to assume things unless they are actually confirmed (e.g. Martinez).

until compensation of £5.4million is paid.

Blues' acting chairman Peter Pannu said: 'I don't want Alex McLeish back. If he is going to go, I want the money.'

His club are also planning to report Villa to the Premier League following McLeish's shock walk-out with two years left on his St Andrew's contract.

Birmingham are convinced they have lost the services of their manager in dubious circumstances. Pannu spent the day locked in meetings with senior management to discuss the relegated club's next move.

HAVE YOUR SAY...

Should McLeish dare cross the Birmingham divide?

Alex McLeish has been warned he will face legal action if he makes an acrimonious switch to boss arch-rivals Aston Villa after he resigned from relegated Birmingham City via email on Sunday. Hero or villain? Should he dare cross the bitter divide? Have your say...

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

HAVE YOUR SAY...

Should McLeish dare cross the Birmingham divide?

Alex McLeish has been warned he will face legal action if he makes an acrimonious switch to boss arch-rivals Aston Villa after he resigned from relegated Birmingham City via email on Sunday. Hero or villain? Should he dare cross the bitter divide? Have your say...

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

When McLeish agreed a three-year contract last season, there was a sliding scale for compensation included, starting at £5.4m.

On July 1 this would have dropped to £3m - the minimum Birmingham will accept. The ex-Rangers boss was given a salary of £1.6million a year, which was instantly halved following the club's relegation to the npower Championship.

Discovering that Villa now regard McLeish as a legitimate and available candidate to become Gerard Houllier's successor has sparked an even stronger reaction.

Pannu said: 'I just got an email from Aston Villa. As expected their legal department said, "Now that Alex McLeish is a free agent, having resigned, we are free to speak to him".

'This confirms all suspicions. The second-year compensation starts on July 1 and the urgency of this email coming from Aston Villa shows they can't even wait 15 days.

'So this is the urgency of the matter. I think it shows the whole world what this is all about. They can't wait, wouldn't wait.

'But I can put one and one together now. He thinks he can walk away because the £5.4m compensation is too much for Villa and he cannot let this opportunity pass.

'He is not willing to fork out £5.4m himself, even though if he goes to Villa he is likely to be on £2m a year.

'I will be getting an injunction preventing Villa from hiring him. Either Villa pick up his tab or I will be reporting it now to the Premier League.

'Alex McLeish goes on a trip to Corsica and Randy Lerner has got a jet, how do I - unless I've got a satellite device - know that they have not met?

'If he came to me and said, "Pete, we had a great relationship but Villa want me" I would say I would grant you permission if you give me £5.4m by the end of this month, or Villa do. I don't care who pays me. If he says, "Peter, I want to go for free", of course I wouldn't grant it. I'd say, "You have taken me down with the relegation, now take me back up". He knew that permission through the proper channels would not be forthcoming.

A city divided: A banner at Villa's Holte End gates reflect the fury of fans over Villa recruiting McLeish

'So his salary has gone down, he realises that among all this financial burden he probably wouldn't have much money to spend to come back. He feels that his ambition is restricted and therefore this is an opportunity to depart.'

McLeish and Pannu, along with owner Carson Yeung, have had a fractious relationship over the last year. Birmingham believe the Scot will claim in any legal wrangle that he was not allowed to do his job properly.

McLeish flew to the holiday island of Corsica last Friday giving no inkling that he was about to quit, having overseen the arrival of four new players already this summer.

He is convinced that Villa have made him their first choice after being rejected by Roberto Martinez of Wigan last week.

It remains to be seen whether Villa owner Randy Lerner relishes the prospect of an increasingly ugly legal fight, especially as fans are up in arms over the possibility of McLeish moving across the city.

Within 24 hours of McLeish's announcement, nearly 6,000 people had signed up to a Facebook page 'Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want Alex McLeish'.

Do I not like that: Former Aston Villa manager Graham Taylor has criticised his old club over their attempt to find a new boss

But former Villa boss Graham Taylor believes McLeish has the strength to become the first man since Ron Saunders to manage both Birmingham clubs.

Taylor said: 'I think Alex has the strength of character but it won't be easy for him. He has a hardness about him but it would be difficult because many Villa fans would not want a Birmingham man as their manager and many Birmingham supporters might see him as a traitor.

'When Gerard became ill it must have occurred to Villa that he might not come back. Once he became unwell then you have to immediately start exploring what you might do if he does not come back.

'They seem to be going from name to name. Villa don't seem to have grasped that nettle at all. It is disappointing.

'The situation just doesn't appear to have been thought through and for the first time the ownership of Villa is coming under severe criticism.'

Thanks for that message Bickster! allthough it was a private message "i would love to share your love for THETREES" but somehow i dont give "a ****" you will and never can track Randy Lerner's plane whilst in the air, even if you did "IS HE ON IT?". Dont bother with the reply, i'm signig off! FULL **** STOP.

24 hours ago David Moyes seems reasonably close, now in a short space of time it seems like a distant memory. This whole situation is bonkers, not known anything like it. The letter does look like the Generals words, if so, then the board will perhaps have the fans properly on their back for the first time. They can sugar coat him all they want, but he is obviously about our 5/6th choice if so and a ridiculas choice even if he were not the Birmingham manager.

24 hours ago David Moyes seems reasonably close, now in a short space of time it seems like a distant memory. This whole situation is bonkers, not known anything like it. The letter does look like the Generals words, if so, then the board will perhaps have the fans properly on their back for the first time. They can sugar coat him all they want, but he is obviously about our 5/6th choice if so and a ridiculas choice even if he were not the Birmingham manager.

'I will be getting an injunction preventing Villa from hiring him. Either Villa pick up his tab or I will be reporting it now to the Premier League.

Peter Pannu ......he's our only hope!! come on Peter!!

I've always said that Peter Pannu was a sensible guy! Now come on Peter, demand 20m to let us speak to him!

I'm sick of all this bullshit, just appoint someone then we can moan like **** or

just get on with it.

Either we are conducting one of the best covert operations worthy of the marines or the

board dont have a clue.

Either way make a decision and let us know.

Thanks for that message Bickster! allthough it was a private message "i would love to share your love for THETREES" but somehow i dont give "a ****" you will and never can track Randy Lerner's plane whilst in the air, even if you did "IS HE ON IT?". Dont bother with the reply, i'm signig off! FULL **** STOP.

D_Red_Handbag_Front.jpg

AVFC_Meakin richard meakin

@astonvilla_view he also confirmed its real on the vv i think, if you look in the gk thread, someone asked him

23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

@ @astonvilla_view it isnt a fake account, he has other people on there who confirm this........ like the students at the uni he is at....

23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

#avfc im the one who spoke to the general to get that reply which is on net,i have now deleted the post as im not sure gk wanted it public

33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Safe to say it is real. Im off to bed. I will take a quick visit to the bathroom first as I think i may have followed through. Goodnight