• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening is we are consulting people in the game who are singing AM's praises. He's a very popular man and the upper levels of managment is very much a mutual back-slapping club. So SAF rates him highly eh? Then line him up as the next manure manager then see how their fans react !!

Has someone checked the authenticity of that supposed Krulak post? I know the style is very much like his but it could be a very good fake.

If it is him, I'm truly staggered.

I said a while 'you can't fudge the managers position' - but that seems to be what the general is hinting at - we appoint a 2nd rate manager - but with the support of the board - he will take us higher than he has before.

Personally I would prefer a top notch manager - with limited funds

I don't know I dare update my sig !

Serious question, want to know if I am being OTT.

Would it be wrong of me to not buy any merchandise or anything Villa related because of the appointment if McLeish?

Seriously, feel free to tell me to stop being a clearing in the woods. It is just how I feel but I know I can sometimes be a tit.

Yes, that would be wrong IMO. Regardless of who is manager, the only way for a club to progress is to have strong fan support, which includes buying tickets, shirts etc.

If McLeish is going to be appointed, which it looks like he is, a lot of fans will have to get past their hatred of him and continue to support the club. Refusing to buy tickets, merchandise etc. does nothing but harm the club we love.

Has anyone posted up General Krulak's response to a fan on another board about McLeish yet?

"Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!""Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

Link

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

sums it up if true.

I just can't believe the board would do this. It makes no sense.

General states when you ask other people about Mcleish they say how great he is.

Reminds me of the time when O'Leary asked Roy Keane if Djemba Djemba was any good. Of course he said "yeah, he's brilliant mate. You should buy him." We buy him and Keane can't stop pissing his pants knowing he's just done us over.

We're being done in exactly the same way now.

Randy - no matter how well you do, your legacy will always be you employed this guy.

Mcleish - no matter how well you do, you will never feel welcome.

I hope Krulak has the board locked down in a bunker after that one fans will not be pleased

Randy Lerner undoing all the good work and relationship building with the fans he's done here with 1 single appointment

Unbelievable

Ex scum manager at VP i never thought i'd see the day

Am I the only one who thinks this is the perfect diversion?

Could it be that villa have seen McLeish quitting as an opportunity to keep the press busy and buy time to appoint the right man away from the public eye?

I mean look at it, the General defending McLeish on Facebook of all places... This after saying we will only conduct business in private???