• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Hey all evertonian here.

Heres my take on things

I cant see you bringing in mcliesh.

Moyes is a strange one. He would do amazing at villa. Evertonians are mixed with him. He has done wonders for our club, but we dont step up enough. Its down to his negitive tactics and reluctancy to change a game with subs. But through all his faults hes a fantastic manager and theirs no one out there to replace him. or do a job with little money.

Villa? Well its a sidewards step with a slight step back. hes basically built a team. its relitively young apart from neville and cahill. Hes respected by chairman and fans alike. and we constantly finish above villa bar one season. But in 9 years no trophys one final and one semi final. I cant see him leaving us without a trophy unless hes sacked. Which is unlikely.

If he dies go i can see whyvand will give him my blessing. But 9 years at one club is an achievement in the modern game and hopefully long may it continue

I certainly don't think it's a step back. If you think about what he's achieved with Everton, if you gave him the Villa job but also gave him money to spend, IMO...you'd see Everton finishing 8th-10th, while Moyes and Villa would be regularly top 6-7 at least.

Okay, it's not as much difference as my example ...but at the time, Redknapp had Portsmouth better than Spurs because he was an excellent manager and Spurs didn't have a manager like Redknapp. When Redknapp took over, with the extra money, he took them onto where they are now while Portsmouth dropped completely. Obviously you wouldn't see Everton drop that far down the ladder ....but given the financial situations of each club, if Moyes changed clubs, although RIGHT NOW it looks like a sidewards/backwards step, whatever you want to call it, it's definitely a forward move for potential. He'd be able to build a better team, better squad with the money involved.

With Villa, there is at least potential to improve, I don't see that at Everton, simply because of money.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had it on good authority that Mcleish has definitely quit over Birminghams transfer policy NOT because he was interested or tapped up by the Villa job.

Carson Yeung said to him "Wa yu wan faw playas in suma Awex?" , McLeish replied "6 defenders". Yeung came back with Marlon King. "I said 6 defenders, not sex offenders".

:clap:

Legendary

I don't care if Mcnob had just won the Champions League and is bring in Jose Mourinho as he's No2. I don't want no Blue Nose bastard managing my club EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, i'm not claiming to be ITK at all, but i've just been given a little bit of info that might interest you all...

Just spoke to my cousin, he's worked with a couple of the higher ups at BCFC in the past and knows one of them quite well. He's just told my cousin that everything has been agreed between the two clubs and McLeish will be unveiled as the manager on thursday.

As I said, I'm not making any bullshit claims to be ITK, and I know most of you will dismiss it as just being another 'my dogs uncles butchers nans...' rumour, just thought i'd let you know. Doesn't make any difference to me in the slightest whether you believe it or not, just passing on info. To be honest even I'm not sure what to think, my cousin's as die-hard villa as the rest of us and wouldn't even joke about McLeish being appointed.

Confident enough to put £500 of your own hard earned money on it?

Once done we should see the odds drop quite significantly...

Studying for a graduate degree mate, I don't have two pennies to rub together, never mind £500!

I may be tired but I thought you had written "I don't have two penises to rub together" then!

I don't care if Mcnob had just won the Champions League and is bring in Jose Mourinho as he's No2. I don't want no Blue Nose bastard managing my club EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He isn't a bluenose bastard, he's a Scot who just happened to manage BCFC for a few seasons. As I'm no longer six years old, my lack of enthusiasm for us appointing McLeish stems not from his association with the knuckledraggers, but from the turgid football that his teams play.

Oh dear! Too much shit flying around. Love listening to those tossers at Talkshite filling themselves up over the mess at VP. They haven't got a clue what is happening and are grabbing at everything to fill their slots.

I find that pretty ridiculous. I'd happily have a former-blues-manager managing us if he was an excellent manager who had won something as big as that.

McLeish isn't actually a bluenose.

Hey all evertonian here.

Heres my take on things

I cant see you bringing in mcliesh.

Moyes is a strange one. He would do amazing at villa. Evertonians are mixed with him. He has done wonders for our club, but we dont step up enough. Its down to his negitive tactics and reluctancy to change a game with subs. But through all his faults hes a fantastic manager and theirs no one out there to replace him. or do a job with little money.

Villa? Well its a sidewards step with a slight step back. hes basically built a team. its relitively young apart from neville and cahill. Hes respected by chairman and fans alike. and we constantly finish above villa bar one season. But in 9 years no trophys one final and one semi final. I cant see him leaving us without a trophy unless hes sacked. Which is unlikely.

If he dies go i can see whyvand will give him my blessing. But 9 years at one club is an achievement in the modern game and hopefully long may it continue

I certainly don't think it's a step back. If you think about what he's achieved with Everton, if you gave him the Villa job but also gave him money to spend, IMO...you'd see Everton finishing 8th-10th, while Moyes and Villa would be regularly top 6-7 at least.

Okay, it's not as much difference as my example ...but at the time, Redknapp had Portsmouth better than Spurs because he was an excellent manager and Spurs didn't have a manager like Redknapp. When Redknapp took over, with the extra money, he took them onto where they are now while Portsmouth dropped completely. Obviously you wouldn't see Everton drop that far down the ladder ....but given the financial situations of each club, if Moyes changed clubs, although RIGHT NOW it looks like a sidewards/backwards step, whatever you want to call it, it's definitely a forward move for potential. He'd be able to build a better team, better squad with the money involved.

With Villa, there is at least potential to improve, I don't see that at Everton, simply because of money.

Tbh if he left now, how much money will he have?

Moyes likes to bring in young players and apart from cahill and arteta. They tend to take a while till we see the best of them.

Baines couldnt get in the team in his first season

Lescott had to play a season as a left back

Felliaini was slow and branded a waste

All ended up second full season being great buys (im hoping bily will be the same)

Plus villa will need to replace the goal keeper and young and downing rumoured to be leaving. So needs a bit of wedge.

Were just hoping to lose a bit of deadwood and hopefully if he can get a winger and a striker we will be fine.

So if he leaves this minute im confident of finishing above moyes's villa

Dignitas is trending on Twitter........... perhaps there is a Villa press conference going down tomorrow?

Explain?

If I have to explain its not funny. :cry:

Dignitas is trending on Twitter........... perhaps there is a Villa press conference going down tomorrow?

what the fudge is trending?

It's like grumpkin, but for twitter users.

Explain?

If I have to explain its not funny. :cry:

Am I the only one that gets this?!

what the fudge is trending?

It means lots of people are talking about the same thing...... eg #toodepressedatvillaslackofmanagerimflyingtoswitzerland

Tbh if he left now, how much money will he have?

Moyes likes to bring in young players and apart from cahill and arteta.

Moyes likes to or Moyes has had to? There is a massive difference between the two.

Plus, I think Randy has once again, for the 4th year running, backed his manager in the transfer market. EG - Bent, Makoun in January alone.

I don't think there will be any concerns from a new manager coming in and not being backed. This is our biggest pull if we are going to tempt Moyes away from Everton - which I must admit is extremely unlikely.