• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were doomed. Club is not run well at all.. what was that quote they left on the official website? competitiveness.. history passionate fans? yeah whatever.

I dont know who advises the club but its been bad advice.

Id rather bring back Houllier.. let GMAC take over until Houllier is ready.. making excuses for a manager who relegated a club twice.. who actually spent a bit of coin..

McLeish and Martinez are pretty much the only managers we have had confirmed.. goes to show the ambition of the club.

Well done Randy and Board.. way to isolate the fans.

Bring back Houllier!

Has anyone posted up General Krulak's response to a fan on another board about McLeish yet?

"Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!""Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

Link

Dusted and Done spring to mind.

Apparently a Mcleish not welcome banner was sprawled over the gates of VP tonight.

randy or any villa members of the board if your reading this TRUST ME AND I WILL PUT THIS IN CAPITALS

VILLA PARK WILL BE EMPTY IF YOU APPOINT THIS MAN, DONT DO IT!!

I'd still be there.

This.

Has no one seen the shit GK has posted on Facebook?

"Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

the last time I saw GK defend someone who was rumoured to be our next manager actually became our manager, GH! Worrying times!

Vital Villa, but the post is from Facebook

Jeepers

Jesus **** christ!

I want Moyes because I have money on him and he'd get me excited about Villa again. McLeish wouldn't get me all that excited, but he might be alright. **** it sure

Serious question, want to know if I am being OTT.

Would it be wrong of me to not buy any merchandise or anything Villa related because of the appointment if McLeish?

Seriously, feel free to tell me to stop being a clearing in the woods. It is just how I feel but I know I can sometimes be a tit.

Has anyone posted up General Krulak's response to a fan on another board about McLeish yet?

"First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumor...I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice...well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, ...look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs...as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man...you will get an entirely different sense. All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feeliings of the Fans...we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club. NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager...we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn't seem right to me. Again, I am not confirming the rumor...just simply stating my feelings...as a FAN!!!!!!!!""Richard, you know I am not going to tell you anything. I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for....he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues...just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."

Link

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Tbh if he left now, how much money will he have?

Moyes likes to bring in young players and apart from cahill and arteta.

Moyes likes to or Moyes has had to? There is a massive difference between the two.

Plus, I think Randy has once again, for the 4th year running, backed his manager in the transfer market. EG - Bent, Makoun in January alone.

I don't think there will be any concerns from a new manager coming in and not being backed. This is our biggest pull if we are going to tempt Moyes away from Everton - which I must admit is extremely unlikely.

Likes to. Hes always been backed. When he first came he spent a fair whack

5mil richard wright.5mil yobo. He got a brazilian in who broke his leg and never played again. Lie tie but that was a sponsorship deal kilbane and ibrahiam said. So his first season 15mil was spent. Then we sold rooney which bankrolled cahill arteta and lescott

To be honest I wouldn't call £15m significant backing when you look at what O'Neill spent.

In 2002/3 it was plus we were 80mil in debt had an aging team and big wages cos of walter smith.

Link

Looks like it's McLeish then!

Very much doubt GK would come out and say that if it wasn't in the works, if there was no truth to the rumour there'd be no need for him to comment on it.

Can't say I'm particularly happy, but that's probably because I allowed myself to think that managers like Ancelotti, Benitez, Moyes, Rikjaard etc. were a possibility.

Looking on the bright side, we're appointing a manager that got Blues their best premiership finish in 50 years and won them a league cup, maybe GK's right in that he could do well here with the money and resources available.

Either way, I'm more of a Villa fan than I am a Blues-hater, so if McLeish is to be manager of this great club he'll get my support as would any other manager. If Randy and co think he's the right man then that's good enough for me.

Welcome to the club Big Eck.

**** it, i have a season ticket and i'll still be there to watch us play a novel brand on 8-1-1. The novel bit being the 1 in front of the defence is more of a sweeper with cameron jerome up top by himself and bent, albrighton and delfounesso on the bench.

Indeed... brace yourselves for a crash landing General. I don't think you fully understand what you have done.

It is obvious that instead of denying Mcleish and putting all this nonsense to bed, he is simply trying to manage expectations for when we announce him as manager by the end of the week.

I've been saying all week that there is no chance of us employing this guy, yet this is the exact minute I know actually believe it will happen.

Thanks General - despite all your hard work and PR, you have thrown us back a decade into the dark ages of Doug once again.

Really dissapointed in the board right about now...

Has no one seen the shit GK has posted on Facebook?

the last time I saw GK defend someone who was rumoured to be our next manager actually became our manager, GH! Worrying times!

Vital Villa, but the post is from Facebook

Jeepers

I actually feel physically sick. It seems to me that McLeish will infact be our manager. Otherwise, why go to such great lengths to write that on facebook especially after his statement the other day. I'm worried.

If they appoint McLeish, don't get me wrong I will still be supporting my team. But, I will lose any faith I have had for the entire Villa board. The silence against the media this whole time, i believed, to be because they were working tirelessly to appointing someone they had in their sights for a long time. If it does turn out to be McLeish, as much as it pains me to say it (as Moxley is a complete and utter clearing in the woods), it will just prove that we have ran out of ideas completely and everyone will be looking at us even more as a club in turmoil. Worrying times.