• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Would be interesting to see how many of those who posted against Steve Maclaren are also posting that they now don't want McCleish either.

I said I didn't want McClaren mainly because PR wise I thought it would be very bad for the club. I think he is actually an OK manager.

Little did I realise that the alternative was McLeish! The Double whammy of bad PR and terrible manager.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of somebody within Villa who knew of McLeishs resignation on Saturday morning. He heard first hand that he was due in for talks about the job. I dont normally post this sort of stuff but thats what ive heard this morning.

Im worried.

:!:

Someone else said something similar earlier on today. His name escapes me. It's not looking good at all.

It just amazes me the board have had since Mid-April to come with the next manager and they hire McLiesh? It makes no sense. It's the total opposite of Houllier's philosophy.

I have to say I would be astounded if it was McLeish but its looking horribly likely. I thought we were trying to get a high profile manager to take the club forward. I don't give a stuff that he was Blues manager, I just think he is a shit manager and way way below the sort of manager we should be aiming for. Also how does this square with the apparent reaction of Villa to Hughes resigning?

Overall if true a spectacular own goal by the Board.

Thanks for that message Bickster! allthough it was a private message "i would love to share your love for THETREES" but somehow i dont give "a ****" you will and never can track Randy Lerner's plane whilst in the air, even if you did "IS HE ON IT?". Dont bother with the reply, i'm signig off! FULL **** STOP.

Seriously, grow up and show some respect.

Private Krulak - I'm gonna give you three seconds, exactly three **** seconds, to tell me you're taking the piss or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull **** you!

:crylaugh:

This McLeish business just is not in keeping with the manner in which our owner normally conducts his business. Which gives me hope! I personally am against his apointment, but that is nothing to do with him being a former SHA manager. My problem is that we have fantastic young player who need a manager that has a technical approach, will play a pass and move style, and has a proven track record of bringing through young player. Mcleish is the opposite of this. If we are to become a team capable of winning trophies we need to produce a few top class players, and the current crop are our best hope of doing that.

'This confirms all suspicions. The second-year compensation starts on July 1 and the urgency of this email coming from Aston Villa shows they can't even wait 15 days.

'So this is the urgency of the matter. I think it shows the whole world what this is all about. They can't wait, wouldn't wait.

'But I can put one and one together now. He thinks he can walk away because the £5.4m compensation is too much for Villa and he cannot let this opportunity pass.

'He is not willing to fork out £5.4m himself, even though if he goes to Villa he is likely to be on £2m a year.

'I will be getting an injunction preventing Villa from hiring him. Either Villa pick up his tab or I will be reporting it now to the Premier League.

'Alex McLeish goes on a trip to Corsica and Randy Lerner has got a jet, how do I - unless I've got a satellite device - know that they have not met?

How very unprofessional and naive to do your bidding through the newspaper! Villa's legal Department will take them to the cleaners if they can prove that they haven't tapped McLeish up.

The later quotes from Graham Taylor have been chopped together from two different interviews. Useless rags! McLeish to Villa seems to be gathering pace. Time for the rabbit out of the hat trick Randy. Please.

Jesus **** wept this simply can't be true, McLeish has got the Blues relegated twice and his team have played the worst football in the league for the last 2 seasons. This can't be true there are several mangers out there who are available right now who are light years ahead of him.

Post has been deleted from facebook account apparently... bit late now though... hundreds of copies on the net.

Really?! Well how about that. I'm stunned.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

This McLeish business just is not in keeping with the manner in which our owner normally conducts his business. Which gives me hope! I personally am against his apointment, but that is nothing to do with him being a former SHA manager. My problem is that we have fantastic young player who need a manager that has a technical approach, will play a pass and move style, and has a proven track record of bringing through young player. Mcleish is the opposite of this. If we are to become a team capable of winning trophies we need to produce a few top class players, and the current crop are our best hope of doing that.

This.

If the stories of secret meetings in Corsica, etc.. are true then it sort of blows the whole operating with honesty and integrity out of the water.

Fans moan about the media making us look bad, that us fans are mindless idiots. I'm sorry but some of you don't help our cause one little bit. After reading this thread for the majority of the day, acting like brats just about sums it up. Nothing has happened, we're still non the wiser about stories being published much like the last 2 weeks, yet the **** outcry is unbelievable! Until something happens just stop pissing and moaning, no wonder the media don't think highly of our 'fans'.

Rant over. Bad day for me so apologies if I piss anyone off.

I am not going to say i will boycott the club etc, but i have had a season ticket for 20 years and the last 3 seasons i have had to work saturdays therefore i missed about 6 games last season. i have been in two minds about getting one this year, but if its mcliesh i will not bother and just take in the odd game here and there when i could. i am sure there is loads more fans like me. please not mcliesh please God help us

McLeish is just a poor manager wherever he has come from. Relegation twice and could be coming to manage us? I won't believe it until it happens surely Lerner and the board won't do this. Especially after the apparent McLaren business.

It's a hell of a co-incidence that RL's jet went to Corsica twice this week. I remember it going to Corsica twice in the run-up to GH's appointment. It was what prompted me to lump on at odds of 20/1.

I reckon this is all much ado about nothing.