• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading that from GK iam pretty sure AM will be our new manager..he would never respond in such a way if it wasnt the case.

To be fair he has always come across as decent man evrytime ive heard him speak.

There are alot of managers i would have picked before him but to be honest i really dont think it would be such a huge catastrophe that people are making it out to be..i think he would do a good job.

that statement from general is quite worrying..

This! are they trying to go out of their way to piss us off!!!!!!!

How can he **** justify being relegated twice, negative football, shit buys etc!! I mean jesus! Bowyer! Zigic.

Oh yeh General I am sure Bent, Downing etc and excited to be playing for this **** prick!!!

YOUR OUTCOME IS YOUR TRUE INTENTION!!!!!

If this is ambition then god help us!!!

Stop mind **** us and be straight!!!

Thoughts on the GK post:

1. It's a fake (and a very good one) to wind up Villa fans

2. It genuinely IS the General and he really is just expressing his thoughts as a fan, weighing up the positives and negatives of McLeish as you would do while chatting in a pub

3. It genuinely IS the General and he's talking about McLeish as a diversionary tactic (he is an army man after all) to distract the media so they can go about bringing in their true target

4. It genuinely IS the General and it's just his awful way of admitting that we are actually about to hire McLeish

I think in order of likelihood it goes 4, 1, 2, 3

I'm sorry but that post is clearly a fake! First off it was posted on facebook, why would the GK start posting posting elsewhere rather than the usual forums that he has done for 5 years? and if he did post somewhere else i'm sure facebook would be the bottom of the pile...

The post also lacks a bit of class which the General never does, he would never slag off other owners like that even SHA owners.

the guy who wrote it got GK's style of writing on the tee but I'm sorry I would be astonished if that is actually from GK.

:!:

can't imagine that after GK always goes on about not doing things in the media, he would go and post that on facebook of all places.

if its a fake (and i hope so) then its a very good one, got GKs style down perfect

if its real, then :shock: :x i've supported randy and the board over the last 4-5 years, i've been on their side during this manager search and haven't got worked up that it's all been kept watertight. but if he thinks McCleish is the best man for the job, and he is our next manager then he is done at Villa.

i do not see how he could do it and not face a total uprising from the fans.

Well somebody did post on here that Randy was looking to downsize his time and money investment in villa..........this could be the start......

What really annoys me is there is better manager available in Mark Hughes.......

Chill out people. The General does indeed have a FB page, but you can only like it. No option for Q&A... no wall. Nada.

Why would a club determined not to spill the beans to the media then put something so blatant out in the public domain.

I call bullshit.

In fact, I call sticking lousy Small Heathian Bullshit.

The statement by the General just reinforces the fact that the board are totally out of touch with the people that matter most at this great club, not the chairman, the CEO, the manager or the players but the loyal fans. If the board do not understand that the appointment of a manger from the dark side of Birmingham is nothing but sacrilegious then it is clear that we had a Proud History but now face a Not So Proud Future! It takes a lot more than free scarves, free flags and free coach trips to fully comprehend what the history of this club means to its fans and why we should never associate ourselves in any ways with the Neanderthals from across town.

Perhaps this kind of thing is acceptable in the NFL, but this is England and this is Villa!

UTV

Am I the only one who thinks this is the perfect diversion?

Could it be that villa have seen McLeish quitting as an opportunity to keep the press busy and buy time to appoint the right man away from the public eye?

I mean look at it, the General defending McLeish on Facebook of all places... This after saying we will only conduct business in private???

My sentiments exactly. Its just more smoke to fool the media/press.

I'm doubting the authenticity of that. Admittedly the style is very similar but I just can't see the General saying that given how tight Randy likes to keep things.

If it is him though, anybody got a gun I can borrow?

Am I the only one who thinks this is the perfect diversion?

Could it be that villa have seen McLeish quitting as an opportunity to keep the press busy and buy time to appoint the right man away from the public eye?

I mean look at it, the General defending McLeish on Facebook of all places... This after saying we will only conduct business in private???

Not the only one at all my friend, lets put it this way Randy is a business man its commercial suicide to employ Mcleish he aint daft! Hughes will come on July 1st and we will not have to pay any compensation for tapping him up, as for the whole month for the outside world we have been actively searching for a manager. Meanwhile Hughes is giving instructions on players he wants behind the scenes that get sorted out before pre season starts.

Well thats the hope i am clinging to anyway!

Jesus H God-dancing Christ on a bike. Do I not like that. The only hope if that is truly the General is that he is defending the board choosing to talk to McCleish (or ask to talk to McCleish) rather than actually appointing him.

i.e. how can fans say we shouldn't consider this guy. However, combined with the Corsica jet rumour it just looks very grim.

If this is the General it is also a staggering set of comments to come out with at a time of high media attention with no official statement from the club. You just know how this is going to be reported 'Rant at fans criticisng board, defending McCleish appointment etc