• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Thats entirely it, they wouldnt. Lets say the compo was 7-10 million why would you pay this and then arguably miss a very important month where the manager can change things because another team has no manager? What if we didnt get a manager till October? Would Villa stay without one till then as well? Unfortunately the need to know culture that exists in this era of 24 hour news coverage generates WUM's who love nothing more than people hanging off their every word to make them feel important.

FWIW i frequent a fair few Everton boards and we have countless posters like this as well. Every club does. We do have two posters though who are bang on every time. One posts the team every friday and is never wrong, good for injuries etc as well. He has contacts in the backroom staff at the club. Another has contacts within the board and is good on the financials. Both are saying currently moyes is heavily involved in negotiations with fenerbace over yobo. Not the actions of a man on gardening leave with a contract at a club he cant start with until his replacement is found.

Oh and another reason its false is that Hughes would never come to Everton. The way he acted in the Lescott events put paid to that. Animosity at every level between hughes and everton.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bloke who I got chatting. To today - is adamant that Mark Hughes was at villa park the same day he resigned from fulham

He wasn't even in the same country as he was in dubai

Lol!

Thats entirely it, they wouldnt. Lets say the compo was 7-10 million why would you pay this and then arguably miss a very important month where the manager can change things because another team has no manager? What if we didnt get a manager till October? Would Villa stay without one till then as well? Unfortunately the need to know culture that exists in this era of 24 hour news coverage generates wind-up merchant's who love nothing more than people hanging off their every word to make them feel important.

FWIW i frequent a fair few Everton boards and we have countless posters like this as well. Every club does. We do have two posters though who are bang on every time. One posts the team every friday and is never wrong, good for injuries etc as well. He has contacts in the backroom staff at the club. Another has contacts within the board and is good on the financials. Both are saying currently moyes is heavily involved in negotiations with fenerbace over yobo. Not the actions of a man on gardening leave with a contract at a club he cant start with until his replacement is found.

Oh and another reason its false is that Hughes would never come to Everton. The way he acted in the Lescott events put paid to that. Animosity at every level between hughes and everton.

I think it boils down the fact that quite simply, Moyes loves it at Everton. Some might say he is unambitious, I just think he's an excellent manager doing a great job there, so why would he leave?

I dont really see why any deal couldnt be kept hush, you have about three people our side who would know and three or four that side, it wouldnt be that hard for those people to act in secret. Big multi nationals hold meetings all the time with ideas of take overs and they are kept secret and the business press also have lots of contacts within industry, football isnt the only business where rumour is reported.

Whether Moyes is coming or not I just dont think its too fanciful to think this has been done under the radar of a few idiot journalists who spout crap at any given opportunity.

evertonia - you have got some f*ckin nerve comin on here and posting logical, well reasoned, balanced posts like this... :rant:

joking apart - you are spot on and i dont doubt that your sources are telling the truth. for what its worth i really dont see why moyes would be that interested in coming here anyway - its a sideways move and although he may get a bit more to spend here he is working for the devil he knows where he is and is pretty much universally acclaimed as doing a very good job. if man city wanted him i could understand him getting tempted because we are all human - although even they would probablyhave a hard time turning his head i think, but i just dont see us having enough of a pull for him to want to leave everton.

evertonia - you have got some f*ckin nerve comin on here and posting logical, well reasoned, balanced posts like this... :rant:

joking apart - you are spot on and i dont doubt that your sources are telling the truth. for what its worth i really dont see why moyes would be that interested in coming here anyway - its a sideways move and although he may get a bit more to spend here he is working for the devil he knows where he is and is pretty much universally acclaimed as doing a very good job. if man city wanted him i could understand him getting tempted because we are all human - although even they would probablyhave a hard time turning his head i think, but i just dont see us having enough of a pull for him to want to leave everton.

Spot on guys

It's got to the stage for me where I am not too bothered who we bring in. Ok, I guess I wouldn't really want McLeish but I wouldn't be upset if it was to be someone like Grayson, Coyle or even Maclaren.

I just want a new manager in so that we can start doing some business on the player front because losing 12 players means that whoever does come in has to start re-building pretty sharpish if we are to start the season with a decent enough squad.

:crylaugh:

As much as i want to believe it,, a part of me is thinking Last season we may of been abit more eye opening,but with young going n downing apparently wanting to leave plus our expectations,i dont know,,hes in his comfort zone at Everton he loves them and they love him he always does well with them every season,he maybe annoyed at having to sell his best players for Cash but i just don't see him coming here

Can't say but it ties up with generals comments

In two weeks it will be around July 1st.

villa have moyes but wait until Hughes can be their manager after his gardening leave finishes

I'm 100% convinced you are the tweeter Villa_insider.

And it's 3 weeks until July 1st, not 2.

i am not, dont worry, i just beleive what she says

It doesn't worry me if you are her or not... it's just confusing why you are so blindingly pro her. Anyways, not to matter...

Also, the reason why I stated it was 3 weeks until July 1st and not 2, is because this rules out your quote of it tying in with what the General wrote.

It comes down to expectation management. If the General came out and said we will have a manager in 2 weeks, then if it rolled into a third week he would be crucified by some of the posters on here. However, if we employed someone next week he saves himself all that aggro.

It's a common technique I use at work - it is far better to under promise and over deliver than over promise and under deliver. As such, I think you can rule out your 1st July coinciding with what the General wrote... he's not stupid you know.

We don't need to know anything about the Villa's search for a new manager. When the deal's done we can argue the pro's and con's of the appointment.

Rabid hate posts about managers who the press might throw into the equation to sell newspapers or gain advertising hits are at best making us look like thick fans, and at worst allowing the media to try to damage Villa's standing in the football community.

Light hearted banter and speculation is an enjoyable way to pass the time, but some of the posting on here during our short managerial search will have caused long term damage to our reputation. We have tens of thousands of fans patiently waiting for an appointment to be made, and yet a few "eejits" are now represented by the media as "the voice of all Villans."

Randy and PF are trying to do their best for Villa and that job would be easier if Villa "supporters" were actually seen by the media to be "supporting" their club while hoping for the best result, rather than taking every imagined and made up bit of "info" and ripping it to shreds.

UTV!!!!

Moyes coming to Villa makes no sense for him. It's a sideways move at best. He's a well liked manager at a solid club with a similar budget.

The Bent signing WAS a panic buy, I don't expect similar outlays in the near future. Villa and Everton are very alike in many ways. I can't see the logic in such a move for Moyes.

I don't like the "Premiership Experience Only" requirement....pretty stupid, actually.

They should be snatching up Frank Rijkaard right now, IMO.

We don't need to know anything about the Villa's search for a new manager. When the deal's done we can argue the pro's and con's of the appointment.

Rabid hate posts about managers who the press might throw into the equation to sell newspapers or gain advertising hits are at best making us look like thick fans, and at worst allowing the media to try to damage Villa's standing in the football community.

Light hearted banter and speculation is an enjoyable way to pass the time, but some of the posting on here during our short managerial search will have caused long term damage to our reputation. We have tens of thousands of fans patiently waiting for an appointment to be made, and yet a few "eejits" are now represented by the media as "the voice of all Villans."

Randy and PF are trying to do their best for Villa and that job would be easier if Villa "supporters" were actually seen by the media to be "supporting" their club while hoping for the best result, rather than taking every imagined and made up bit of "info" and ripping it to shreds.

UTV!!!!

Totally agree.

However, forums are mainly used by unhappy people to speak out - happy fans will rarely be as vocal as unhappy ones. It does show a warped perspective of Villa fans in reality, which is unfortunately being shown in the press.

I can't imagine for one second that Moyes would leave Everton. Why would he ? At Everton he almost has security of tenure, he likes the club and the club likes him.

If Lerner and Faulkner have plans for Hughes why would they have gone through the Martinez exercise ? Wouldn't make any sense.

I would like to think that they would at least consider interviewing Rijkaard. If we are to improve the quality of our football, who better to build our organisation from top to bottom than a qualified player and manager whose roots are deeply based in Total Football.

We are not going to be able to compete with Chelsea, Spuds, Arse, Plop and the Mancs teams unless we upgrade from the over achieving MON tactics and continue on from where Mr H left us.

It would make sense to me to bring in Rijkaard and have him install a Barca system in the Academy and the Club as a whole. Randy must not make the mistake of settling for the mediocrity that lurks in the list of potential managers.

Managers like Hughes, Moyes and Benitez will keep you in the Premiership but between them apart from a couple of pieces of silverware that Benitez accumulated none of them have had the success that Rijkaard had at Barcelona.

^^^^^^^^

This

We have all been sucked in by the media circus and they must be loving it in all honesty I believe we are getting Mark hughes but are keeping quiet about it so fulham don't start giving us agro over how he walked out

But I will still be in grossed reading all the posts on here after a snippet of info about the new manager I just can't wait for it

Doesnt matter how many here see the sense in posts like evertonians though because for some reason some people are so desperate to know whats happening they are hanging by every word some random-er with no clues says on twitter. We will know when there is anything too know thats the way villa work surely you are used to this by now since randy came this is how we operate.

Smetrovs post just highlights that people make shit up on the spot and pass it off as ITK.. :roll:

The only disgraceful and embarrassing thing about this is the way media are reporting on it and what they are saying about the Villa. They are making stuff up as they go along, twisting events and actions to fit their pathetic stories. Have even one journalist mentioned that Wigan took full advantage of the situation and made it into a PR coup for them? I mean really, we didn't do much wrong at all but the papers decide to be vindictive about it since they haven't had any of their guesses come true yet, and Villa refuse to do a Redknapp and bleat about everything from football to his nan. They are being fantastically unprofessional and I would be amazed if even a fraction of what they write have any basis in truth. The best part is though, that once we have our man, be it our no 1 target or someone lower down the list, all of this will serve as inspiration to players and manager. We'll have a point to prove, and if we do well the hacks will eat their words.

Moyes coming to Villa makes no sense for him. It's a sideways move at best. He's a well liked manager at a solid club with a similar budget.

The Bent signing WAS a panic buy, I don't expect similar outlays in the near future. Villa and Everton are very alike in many ways. I can't see the logic in such a move for Moyes.

I don't like the "Premiership Experience Only" requirement....pretty stupid, actually.

They should be snatching up Frank Rijkaard right now, IMO.

Oliver, is that you?