• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Come on Moyes!! You welcome here! ..............And you'll have £££££££££££££££ to spend...

Why not bring Arteta, Jagielka, & Howard with you.....You know it makes sense.

COME ON DAVID....DO IT...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO !!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa_Insider AstonVillaInsider

Ok, this is what i know so far re #moyestovilla. Not sure it's done but it's been bubbling since June 4th.

Martinez was on a shortlist of 7 when process started. Martinez declined the invite last week. Whelan decided to capitalise on this

AVFC asked fulham for permission to speak to hughes. Were denied. Hughes quit, expecting a clear path to job. Lerner instantly turned off.

Media will not be briefed by AVFC or EFC on this, as per deal agreed between Faulkner and Kenwright.

Deal was similar with wigan and all other clubs - 'stay quiet or all bets are off'. Same between SAFC and AVFC on bent transfer.

When Martinez was staying, whelan had nothing to lose by going public. Complimented AVFC but secures PR coup, boosts fan morale and st sales

Believe, Rijkaard is in our list, but Randy wants premier league experience, so is not priority

I really hope this isn't true! The fact is that he has a wealth of other experience which surely outweighs his lack of Premier League experience.

This is a man who:

- Has won major trophies as a player and manager.

- Has player alongside and managed some of the best players to have played the game.

- Has worked under some of the world's best managers.

- Has played/worked in several different countries across Europe.

- Has played for two of the world's biggest football clubs.

- Has been brought up on playing attractive football.

- Has worked with some of the world's (then) most promising youngsters.

- Has experience as an international manager.

- Has managed one of the world's biggest football clubs.

If Randy has decided that he's not up to the job, then fine, but if it's just because he doesn't have "Premier League experience" then it's the most backward logic I've heard in a long time.

Moyes is gonna cost close to £10 million quid to prise off Everton due to his contract. He is still in Barbados too so if there is a meeting taking place must be with his agent. Though im doubting Randy would wanna pay his buy out clause.

Not worth it anyway, he should be chasing us now, just shows his non ambition, he has it easy at Eveton.

Believe, Rijkaard is in our list, but Randy wants premier league experience, so is not priority

I trust the board fully, they know what there doing, still have options even if they need to go abroad.!

Been some rumours early today that RL left the country again, so plausible he's left for Barbados to meet with Moyes tomorrow at 13.00.

Should it not be Moyes chasing us rather than the other way round

Exactly!

Moyes has been with Everton for nearly 10 years and won....................**** all!

Thats shows no ambition!

This 'he has not won anything' shit is midly frustrating. How many teams realistically can say they are going to win a trophy at the end of the season. now re-evaluate.

Anyone else find it hilarious that Whelan's interview today had a call to fans to buy season tickets on the back of them keeping Martinez. It's painfully obvious watching everything coming out of that club that they are just using it as cheap PR.

Some very interesting tweets by Villa Insider - Moyes story looks very plausible ....its happening!

Lerner and Moyes have got great respect for each other.

Remember the handshake at Villa Park this season before the Everton game live on Sky.

Can anyone find a link to the clip?

....we should still be chasing the "special one"

was Martinez that person, i don't know, but i do know this....any young manager with boat loads of confidence in himself,should want the villa job.

Villa may feel left dejected after this, Martinez may regret the day too.

Dave whelan, seems a very amiable and plausible character and for all intents and purposes has done his salesman bit.....But I feel Martinez has baulked at ambition.

you draw a parallel with Ferguson, wenger,Mourinho....in their youth, they would have taken the job.

I don't know, whether, Martinez was right or wrong for us, but I would say this.......He had had a great challenge and baulked at it....nuff said for me.

Some very interesting tweets by Villa Insider - Moyes story looks very plausible ....its happening!

Remember the handshake at Villa Park this season before the Everton game live on Sky.

...These guys shake everyones hand....its called business.Its about getting on with as many key people in business as you can.

Theres two blokes who have met a couple times before and get on well.

I think Moyes just has the edge over Hughes... Only for the fact he got Everton into the top 4 (it was a bit easier at the time than it is now) but both aint won fudge all and have no player pull outside of the uk. I will back whoever is appointed but think we can get winners... It would mean not having PL experience but worth the gamble IMO.

Moyes - would be a major coup - but will be very difficult to snare. But Mark Hughes has a comparable record - so why not get a comparable manager a whole lot easier - its not as if Lerner and Faulkner are the 'Ace' poachers is it ?

comparable record? how? Hughes has never taken a side into top 4!

Exactly, if we are comparing records the only one out of the lot too have won anything is Steve.

OK - Hughes got Blackburn to 7th with very little cash - was the comparsion I meant. Not as good as moyes 4th - but with a bit more dosh available who knows.

He's currently employed - and the compensation paid to Fulham would be nominal.

I don't believe this Moyes talk. He stated only a few week ago he wasn't interested. I really think we should move on

under souness they finished

10th

6th

15th

then he left and hughes came in

1st season they were 15th

2nd season they were 6th

3rd season they were 10th

4th season they were 7th

pretty much a mirror of souness apart from hughes had 1 more year and DOL had the same in his time at villa

hardly ringing endorsements for top quality managers, and that was 2008 when he got 7th, since then he took man city DOWN a place, spunked £251 million on players in that time, took over eufa cup finalists fulham and managed to be 1 point in front of a villa side who had an absolute nightmare on and off the pitch.

hughes is an average manager with 11 years experience, he averages 10th place finished in the premier league, that i would say stinks of average, he jumped ship at fulham, fair does, he could as it was in his contract, but then to try and pimp himself out via his crooked more than most( and thats saying something) agent.

no thanks

I find it unbelievable that the manager of Wigan has turned us down. I would happily take either Moyes, Hughes, Rijkard or Coyle (In that order), but which of those will want to come knowing they were second choice to Martinez?!

....we should still be chasing the "special one"

was Martinez that person, i don't know, but i do know this....any young manager with boat loads of confidence in himself,should want the villa job.

Villa may feel left dejected aftern this, Martinez may regret the day too.

Dave whelan, seems a very amiable and plausible character and for all intenets and purposes has done his salesman bit.....But I feel Martinez has baulked at ambition.

you draw a parallel with Ferguson, wenger,Mourinho....in their youth, they would have taken the job.

I don't know, whether, Martinez was right or wrong for us, but I would say this.......He had had a great challenge and baulked at it....nuff said for me.

I actually think Martinez was invited to be on some sort of shortlist. But perhaps got wind of the other candidates he was up against. Whelan backed him into a corner - by offering him a contract extension or competing for the villa job with around 6 others ?

all IMO of course

Moyes is gonna cost close to £10 million quid to prise off Everton due to his contract. He is still in Barbados too so if there is a meeting taking place must be with his agent. Though im doubting Randy would wanna pay his buy out clause.

Not worth it anyway, he should be chasing us now, just shows his non ambition, he has it easy at Eveton.

I trust the board fully, they know what there doing, still have options even if they need to go abroad.!

Been some rumours early today that RL left the country again, so plausible he's left for Barbados to meet with Moyes tomorrow at 13.00.

Should it not be Moyes chasing us rather than the other way round

Exactly!

Moyes has been with Everton for nearly 10 years and won....................**** all!

Thats shows no ambition!

This 'he has not won anything' shit is midly frustrating. How many teams realistically can say they are going to win a trophy at the end of the season. now re-evaluate.

I agree it may not be about winning trophies to prove experience. But what im getting at is Moyes has had chances to move to bigger clubs previous, he could have had Tottenham but turned that down too, Surely this shows a distinct lack of ambition.