• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talksport reported last night that Martinez was going to turn us down they do have sources

I think it was a case of putting 2 x 2 together to be honest as most did. It was a PR exercise for Wigan. They have been putting stories out for the last week bound to get one right.

More to the point - if they did have a source it is likely to have been at Wigan. We don't deal with the media.

I'm starting to lean towards it being more likely to be a non-PL candidate, e.g. Rijkaard, Flores. As we've seen with Wigan, if you contact PL clubs, it most likely gets leaked. We may well have made early stage enquiries for Moyes or Coyle, but I don't see either of them happening. I think it'd be in public sphere by now if we'd been allowed to talk to one of them, as you'd assume we contacted them same time as Wigan for Martinez. That would leave either a free agent (i.e. McClaren, Hughes) or someone from further afield.

I think it slipped under radar, but seemingly someone linked to the board was posting on Heroes&Villains earlier. He wasn't saying much but someone asked if Premier League experience was an absolute requirement in manager search and the answer was "Not this time around, as far as I know". Reliability of source? Seemed like he was known on that message board and had posted there before.

His answer wasn't definitive but it did suggest the possibility we are searching wider this time. This would also tally with media knowing nothing about who we after & just jumping on whatever half-rumour they can find.

All very tenuous stuff, I know!

I posted pages back that the same guy the General's son, said Low, Van Gaal and Ancelotti were not interested.

Read that post again. He makes clear the names listed are purely hypothetical: "a Low" or "an Ancelotti".

"Interestingly, it takes two to tango, so what if certain individuals are identified but do not wish to come. Is that a lack of ambition on Villa's part? Let's say, hypothetically (seriously), a Low or an Ancelotti or a van Gaal is approached and he says, "No thanks." Does that mean that Randy is not ambitious or does it mean that a manager has his own agenda or reasons for not accepting the offer?"

yes, you're right. I read the phrase "hypothetically (seriously)" not as "seriously this is hypothetical" but rather "hypothetically well actually seriously"! Hahahah two very differnt meanings that!

Coop_86 Chris Cooper

Ok seems the cat is out of the bag. Moyes is number 1 target, and is he is the man we hinted at last night. Still work to be done #avfc

Clearly the board's targets are governed by the poll on this thread :winkold:

The moyes thing does seem to have something in it and is consistent with what MM has been saying. How far has it got though? Didn't someone post about a ginger Scottish horse 13:00 tomorrow ? Press conference? Not in the country is he??

i can see us going into the first game with ...gary mcallister in charge

:D is that a serious comment? we are a shambles at the minute but we're not that bad

i see randy looking at gm record when gh took time out,we beat liverpoo & wengers lot,drew with wigan etc.. hes on the payroll & has been a manager,wont cause ripples in the fans ocean as we dont want hughes/steve mcclaren etc.