• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I had a really sad moment last night with my 8 year old boy. I told him he couldn't have a new Villa shirt as I am not putting a penny into our club after this.

nice

I know but what's the alternative? Mindlessly handing over money when they have committed the biggest betrayal of Villa fans in my lifetime?

There are things Aston Villa Football Club should never do. Tapping up the manager of Birmingham City is one of them.

Yes, it´s probably best to take it out on your son... He is a kid FFS.

Exactly, it's your **** kid. He's a kid, if you usually buy him a shirt and were planning too this season, why should that be stopped?? you care more about Villa appointing a manager you don't like? :?

So what do you do then? Just keep doling out the money as if nothing has happened? For me, it becomes a matter of principle.

How principled is it to join in with the Blues and media accusation of 'tapping'?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results on the pitch matter now, everything else should just be ignored nothing can change it now.

I know I'm new around here. But I like your ever optimistic angle! Me thinks it might be like the knight in the Holy Grail though, not sure how many limbs are missing.

McClaren on SSN now:

I had an appointment with Villa and it was cancelled.

So the club cancel an interview with him, but seem happy to accept the backlash (and probable compensation) with McLeish.

This does not make any sense whatsoever

O'Neill got compensation from the Villa.

Any action that Birmingham take, they will be countersued for constructive dismissal and will either have to pay McLeish or, at best from their point of view, and most probably, will get nothing.

If Aston Villa appoint McLeish, there will be nothing to pay.

Results on the pitch matter now, everything else should just be ignored nothing can change it now.

I know I'm new around here. But I like your ever optimistic angle! Me thinks it might be like the knight in the Holy Grail though, not sure how many limbs are missing.

Yep, you treat cancer with chemotherapy, something that is unpleasant in itself.

Martin O'Neill is the cancer that has blighted this club over the past couple of years. Perhaps Alex McLeish will be the chemotherapy.

Well, the first tangible negative to next season has occured:

Randy has created disharmony amoungst us fans

Nice one Randy! Good fan management!

Let's **** pray that he is genius and will prove the majority of us wrong...

IF that flores story in the mirror is true, then i'd much prefer the board had gone with him...

anyone know if it's been reported elsewhere too?

Its not reported directly anywhere else that i can find.

Its seems the Mirror has spoken to a 'friend' of Flores for the story.

I had a really sad moment last night with my 8 year old boy. I told him he couldn't have a new Villa shirt as I am not putting a penny into our club after this.

nice

I know but what's the alternative? Mindlessly handing over money when they have committed the biggest betrayal of Villa fans in my lifetime?

There are things Aston Villa Football Club should never do. Tapping up the manager of Birmingham City is one of them.

Exactly, it's your **** kid. He's a kid, if you usually buy him a shirt and were planning too this season, why should that be stopped?? you care more about Villa appointing a manager you don't like? :?

So what do you do then? Just keep doling out the money as if nothing has happened? For me, it becomes a matter of principle.

What do I do? well personally speaking, I keep going to Villa, I think this is a dire choice of management but I'm a fan of Aston Villa, I don't think any manager would stop me going from full stop or buying Villa shirts. Clearly you don't want to do that, so fair enough, your thoughts but why take it on your son?

You honestly would rather see your son upset because he can't get a shirt, just because you don't like a manager at Villa? I think that's quite sad, should be proud of being a Villa fan, not telling him he can't go to games or buy any stuff because you don't like the manager. Might as well just support another club to be honest.

How principled is it to join in with the Blues and media accusation of 'tapping'?

OK that's a fair point - it could be that the timing was just coincidental - as I initially thought - that McLeish had enough and quit. Then Faulkner/Lerner pounced for their man.

In which case, that shows you just how haphazard our approach to recruitment was/is.

The alternative is what? That contact was made beforehand? Interesting that McClaren has confirmed that an appointment was made with him and then cancelled..

McClaren on SSN now:

I had an appointment with Villa and it was cancelled.

So the club cancel an interview with him, but seem happy to accept the backlash (and probable compensation) with McLeish.

This does not make any sense whatsoever

O'Neill got compensation from the Villa.

Any action that Birmingham take, they will be countersued for constructive dismissal and will either have to pay McLeish or, at best from their point of view, and most probably, will get nothing.

If Aston Villa appoint McLeish, there will be nothing to pay.

Some of the stories getting out this seems spot on and I think Blues fans may find us a good distraction at the moment so they can try and avoid what is actually happening at their club.

Well, the first tangible negative to next season has occured:

Randy has created disharmony amoungst us fans

Probably propogated, not created.

Disharmony has been buzzing around Villa Park for the past two seasons, and will clearly continue the moment that we concede the first corner at home in the new season.

Time to stop the rot, and get behind our team.

Steve McClaren just confirmed in his press conference we approached him, then cancelled the appointment. So if it was fan pressure that stopped it, then I don't understand why we have gone for big Eck. Strange.

How about an even more scary theory: they were going to talk to McClaren but then got tipped that McLeish was quitting Birmingham and decided they didn't need to talk to anyone else..

I don't think McClaren is any better than McLeish

If we'd approached McLeish when SMA finished 9th I could perhaps understand but after last seasons (admittedly very amusing) debarcle then it is a mystery to me

I've watched Villa in the 3rd division and through some very dark days but this is the final straw for me.

AM will need to win his first 10 games to stand any chance at all. A poor first match and it will be a riot

Yep, you treat cancer with chemotherapy, something that is unpleasant in itself.

Martin O'Neill is the cancer that has blighted this club over the past couple of years. Perhaps Alex McLeish will be the chemotherapy.

....and not the lethal injection.

nice

What do I do? well personally speaking, I keep going to Villa, I think this is a dire choice of management but I'm a fan of Aston Villa, I don't think any manager would stop me going from full stop or buying Villa shirts. Clearly you don't want to do that, so fair enough, your thoughts but why take it on your son?

You honestly would rather see your son upset because he can't get a shirt, just because you don't like a manager at Villa? I think that's quite sad, should be proud of being a Villa fan, not telling him he can't go to games or buy any stuff because you don't like the manager. Might as well just support another club to be honest.

Love how some of you lot think you've got an opinion on how he should treat his son. His money, his lad, he can do what the **** he wants if he feels that way. Jesus.

Do you think this will affect any transfers between us and the scum? i.e. Ben Foster and Scott Dann

Oh and also, taking a positive out of this... Surely this appointment will mean more playin time for Carlos! (If it was Eck that signed him?)

nice

Buy him a couple of g star shirts and say he can wear them in 10 years time. He'll thank you eventualy