Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Does anyone on here actually follow any other posters? 

I'm following you now.  I've no idea what this means but please don't run into a busy road or walk off a cliff 😁

32 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Surely he should celebrate achievements from the countries that he'll one day end up representing as Head of State. 

I'm actually sure he would if they didn't keep getting beat. 😂😂

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Link

It’s actually over £3000 now.

It's a nice gesture and all but how does anyone know that the money wi end up with the girl, does anyone even know who she is? 

Does the family even want her to be given a large sum of money they've not asked for? I would feel uncomfortable accepting that for my kids. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's a nice gesture and all but how does anyone know that the money wi end up with the girl, does anyone even know who she is? 

Does the family even want her to be given a large sum of money they've not asked for? I would feel uncomfortable accepting that for my kids. 

Up to nearly 18 grand now.

He says if he can’t get in touch with them he will donate to a suitable charity. 

I would guess if they do receive notification of the money raised they can donate it to a worthy cause themselves if they don’t wish to accept it.

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm following you now.  I've no idea what this means but please don't run into a busy road or walk off a cliff 😁

Err thanks mate... That's umm really nice of you... 

I dont know what it means either. 

On a completely separate note can anyone remind me how to block someone? 😜

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well, it’s just a nice gesture.

Nicer than grown men laughing at children being insulted by brain dead pricks.

I’m not really over thinking it much beyond that.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, someone is being nice, the end.

Why overthink that by 2000 miles?

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, it’s just a nice gesture.

Nicer than grown men laughing at children being insulted by brain dead pricks.

@Stevo985

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! 

:lol:

5 hours ago, Genie said:

This is a myth btw, Brits are as bad as anyone for doing this.

I'm lucky in that i've never stopped anywhere where this happens. I've heard accounts from people at work though and it would stress me out going on a sun holiday and not being able to get a lounger in the hotel! 

Just now, Xela said:

I'm lucky in that i've never stopped anywhere where this happens. I've heard accounts from people at work though and it would stress me out going on a sun holiday and not being able to get a lounger in the hotel! 

I only had to get involved once. We went to once of the Canary Islands in August, the place was rammed and much more people than sun beds by the pool. 
First day and nowhere at all for the family to pitch themselves.

I had to get up about 6:30, sneak out and grab a couple otherwise literally no where to sit all day. I hated it in one sense, but in another way I was was able to grab a coffee and chill watching the resort slowly wake up.

I've stopped in an all German hotel which is weird, they do have some resorts of their own, balaman in mallorca for example 

They do do it, there were a lot of retirees there who looked like they go on holiday more than be at home, up very early, put the towel out, go to breakfast, start sunbathing, we'd go out for the day get back at 7pm and they'd still be in the exact same spot, if you're that committed to the lounger then fair play to you 

Did see it cause trouble when I was a kid at a mixed hotel in Turkey, it was the brits who caused the trouble, embarrassing cockney guy making war references

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

That's easy, you just find the lounger you like best and if someone has already taken it, just;

table flip GIF

Go to the person you've flipped, kneel down next to them, gently slap them on the cheek whilst saying "If I ever see you on MY lounger again...

I'll tell my mom on you"

Whilst softly chewing on a cocktail stick.

It works for me every time because when they see my mom is 48st and has a right mouth on her, they just tend to back down straight away.

Laps top tip of the day. 👍

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Yep, someone is being nice, the end.

Why overthink that by 2000 miles?

I don't think I'm over thinking it by 2,000 miles.  But a little thought should be taken with these things.  If I'm going to hand over cash to a small child who has been ridiculed on telly, you know, I would actually like the money to go to her. 

Everytime anything happens these days there seems to be a giving fund set up by random people and many have proved to be people on the make. 

It's just prudent to understand who this guy is and how he's going to get it to the girl. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think I'm over thinking it by 2,000 miles.  But a little thought should be taken with these things.  If I'm going to hand over cash to a small child who has been ridiculed on telly, you know, I would actually like the money to go to her. 

Everytime anything happens these days there seems to be a giving fund set up by random people and many have proved to be people on the make. 

It's just prudent to understand who this guy is and how he's going to get it to the girl. 

He is handing it over to the parents, not the girl (but you know that). It was supposed to be in the £500 range but got the internet treatment. The post also says that it will be charity if they don't want it.

You either trust the person when you had over a fiver or you dont. Large donations require more due diligence I agree but this isn't one of those, it's a runaway mass donation. If he takes the money and runs, may 4chan rain down on him.

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But are you considering handing over cash?

If you are, then yes, you should probably look in to the detail and have a good think.

If you’re not actually thinking of actually handing over your money, then it’s just a nice end to a story about negative people not beating positive people.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

After all, its just part of England isn't it, like Yorkshire or Cornwall :trollface:

Only cause nobody will take it off our hands 

Â