Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary - like a chicken.

I wonder what kind of socks Sophie wears…do women wear socks? Well, yes sometimes, is the answer to that.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Excellent bit. One of my all time favourites. 

I seriously doubt I have heard the word "flag" spoken by anyone in the last 10 years without me immediately saying in a posh accent "Do you have a flag?"

• Like 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Do animals have regional accents? 

Yes, they do. Birds do, at any rate. People have recorded birdsong from different parts of Britain, and although each species seems to have the same song, if you slow it down and analyse the waveforms, there are distinct and identifiable differences. 

• Like 3

Does.....say a dog know another dog is a dog when they see one ? Also, if it's the same breed would that dog think "he looks like me !" Or does a dog even know its a dog ?

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Does.....say a dog know another dog is a dog when they see one ? Also, if it's the same breed would that dog think "he looks like me !" Or does a dog even know its a dog ?

Underneath the selective breeding, dogs are just dogs. They smell dog not poodle and its smell I think that they go on

• Like 3

There was a feature on BBC Breakfast this morning where they were studying a dolphin and a porpoise who had made friends. 

Although similar looking to us they are completely different species. 

Anyway they worked out that the Dolphin had changed it's noise completely to match the porpoise.  They concluded that they had learned to communicate in order to hunt together, and compared it to a dog learning to talk to a cat. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I asked something similar recently. A duck sees another duck as a potential mate or a rival. It sees a cat or a fox as a predator.

What does it “think” when it sees a goose or swan or similar creature? Presumably in that instance just something that is a potential rival for it’s food source I guess. But what does a duck “think” a cow is? 

To make it clear, the “ “ is because I would imagine the duck doesn’t “think” but I can’t come up with a better way of phrasing it. How does a duck perceive a cow, maybe is better.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Or does a dog even know its a dog ?

I’ve asked my two, one thinks he’s a badger and the other believes he’s a sloth.  Not sure if that helps with your wonderment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â