Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 04/07/2021 at 03:19, sharkyvilla said:

Do footballers practice diving and feigning injury in training or is it complete freestyling when they get in match situations. 

I see kids doing it all the time now in u11’s level. So annoying. 
One lad did it (complete with scream) right in front of the group of parents, dad comes on the pitch referee had to tell him to get off. Right scene. The boy was absolutely fine and the little shit tried it again about 5 minutes later.

On 07/07/2021 at 05:22, Genie said:

I see kids doing it all the time now in u11’s level. So annoying. 
One lad did it (complete with scream) right in front of the group of parents, dad comes on the pitch referee had to tell him to get off. Right scene. The boy was absolutely fine and the little shit tried it again about 5 minutes later.

He will be a proffesional for a league club one day.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There are multiple threads offering multiple options of some of the best music on the planet. Music that can open up new worlds and get you feeling feels you never knew you could whilst keeping your trousers on. Music that let’s you glimpse the very essence of life, music that shows you the insecure inner thoughts of your fellow humans. Music that is nothing short of art. Music that might just be what some people define as spiritual.

Yet there are still people that listen to Oasis between the adverts on Absolute FM.

You lost me at keeping your trousers on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Is anyone else a little bit scared of getting on the wrong side of @mjmooney and @chrisp65 or is that just me?

Only kidding guys... 

Don't come after me... 

Please. 

I'm sorry. 

Ah, absolutely not. Just testing ideas to see if they stand up to moderate scrutiny.

I’ve learnt a lot on here and changed some of my opinions. So from that, I know it can feel quite tough to come to the point where you realise you were wrong on a particular talking point. So I’m just passing forward the good work of others. 

It’s all just chatter, none of us are real. But once people do know me in the real world, they can see I’m quite the Libertarian with people that think exactly like me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, absolutely not. Just testing ideas to see if they stand up to moderate scrutiny.

I’ve learnt a lot on here and changed some of my opinions. So from that, I know it can feel quite tough to come to the point where you realise you were wrong on a particular talking point. So I’m just passing forward the good work of others. 

It’s all just chatter, none of us are real. But once people do know me in the real world, they can see I’m quite the Libertarian with people that think exactly like me.

Don't worry mate, it's a bad joke. It was either that or saying ambulance for **** and I thought I'd let him lick his wounds. 

I've changed several opinions on here as well due to posts from several people on here including both you two. 

I agree with the two of you on a lot of what I see you write. 

I'm still wanting a holiday home though, you've not convinced me on that one (yet) but if my Dad can't I don't think anyone can. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yet there are still people that listen to Oasis between the adverts on Absolute FM

They played MmmBop by Hanson earlier. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7695094

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yet there are still people that listen to Oasis between the adverts on Absolute FM.

I was in my car today, on the way back from Manchester. I was listening to TMS for a bit, it was drifting along, the cricket, so I put radio 6 on, but it was playing the crap stuff it does on a Saturday. 5Live, people tennising so of no interest to anyone sane. So next on the dial was absoluteFm. Neat MattBerry voiceover ident thingy, ok I’ll give it a listen. Some generic no doubt heavily rotated older song came on, then another one, then some advertisements, then “coming up next we’ve got a classic Q***n track”. F*** that, radio off double quick fast. I’ll not be making that mistake again.

Phone on, Bluetooth, shuffle, Low and then the Lovely eggs. Brilliant, but now I’ve got an earworm and tinnitus back.

Have you ever heard a digital accordian, a digital accordian….

• Like 1

Do music snobs realise what rocket polishers the come across as? 

Like some modern art enthusiast liking really weird and probably pretentious pictures but thinking everyone else are idiots for liking stuff like Jack Vettriano just because the world has a print of his up in their living room and thinking they're so superior to all the other little people even though they just genuinely appreciate his paintings. 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Is anyone else a little bit scared of getting on the wrong side of @mjmooney and @chrisp65 or is that just me?

Only kidding guys... 

Don't come after me... 

Please. 

I'm sorry. 

Busted. I'm a pussycat, really. Maybe just a bit spiky today for no particular reason. Sorry guys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

What ever happened to that Welsh bloke? Chris I think his name was. Was posting loads of bollox and then all of a sudden, nothing.

Careful!  He might come after you.

Â