Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A little digging led me to this -

Never heard it before. It seems it was later adapted by the bay city rollers for one of their songs.

It’s a bit like that “Tom Hark” song (“top of the league? You’re having a laugh”).

I had a thought about this when trying to get to sleep last night.

There is a scene in The Italian Job where  Mr. Bridger is walking down the stairs in Jail and all the inmates are banging cups.  is this the rhythm they use?  

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I still maintain that of all the places in the world I've been to , Northern Ireland is the place I've struggled the most to understand anyone 

We'd be in pubs and random people would start talking to me  , it gets embarrassing when you keep asking people to repeat themselves , so  after a while so  I'd end up  just sitting there  nodding and say yeah , I know , yeah ..and hope they were talking about the weather and not asking me if I wanted to join them on an orange march .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I had a thought about this when trying to get to sleep last night.

There is a scene in The Italian Job where  Mr. Bridger is walking down the stairs in Jail and all the inmates are banging cups.  is this the rhythm they use?  

it is yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I still maintain that of all the places in the world I've been to , Northern Ireland is the place I've struggled the most to understand anyone 

We'd be in pubs and random people would start talking to me  , it gets embarrassing when you keep asking people to repeat themselves , so  after a while so  I'd end up  just sitting there  nodding and say yeah , I know , yeah ..and hope they were talking about the weather and not asking me if I wanted to join them on an orange march .

There is a comedian who does a sketch about Irish accents, the joke being there is almost nothing you can say in a southern Irish accent can sound offensive and literally everything you say in a Northern Irish accent sounds like a threat. 

He then proceeds to offer death threats to the audience in a southern Irish accent that sounds all friendly, then say some lovely things to them in a Northern Irish accent that sounds like he's making threats.  It's genius. 

• Like 1

Has anyone ever had more than one account on here and had an argument with themselves? I was convinced as lease one somewhat 'controversial' poster last year could have been someone on a wind up mission and maybe a creation of a mod.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Has anyone ever had more than one account on here and had an argument with themselves? I was convinced as lease one somewhat 'controversial' poster last year could have been someone on a wind up mission and maybe a creation of a mod.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Baselayers. That was a rare old time.

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Went on for a number of years though!  The bronze medal and the real her achieving some moderate fame was the start of it unravelling.

It was the greatest piece of performance art ever witnessed. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 1

Must admit , if I was going to join a football forum and pretend to be someone , picking a snowboarder from Bristol who literally nobody had ever heard of at that time , and researching them quite extensively  , wouldn't have been my choice of catfishing .

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Must admit , if I was going to join a football forum and pretend to be someone , picking a snowboarder from Bristol who literally nobody had ever heard of at that time , and researching them quite extensively  , wouldn't have been my choice of catfishing .

Isn't it though!

There's still a small part of me that thinks "why the **** would anyone go to the lengths @villaajax went to?"  

What was the hopeful payoff?  Was that lego-loving freak just a freak? 

She even had a backstory of "my boyfriend was a villa fan" etc - it was just so deep.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Isn't it though!

There's still a small part of me that thinks "why the **** would anyone go to the lengths @villaajax went to?"  

She even had a backstory of "my boyfriend was a villa fan" etc - it was just so deep.

I think we need a 6 part Netflix documentary on it all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Isn't it though!

There was the London - Paris bike ride  being covered by her sponsors , discussions over a bike shop in Bristol   , the broken ankles ,  I even had a conversation about a burger bar on a beach in Tobago that you'd only really know about by having been ( JJ had been in Tobago  , pretty sure the catfish hadn't been there so they would have had to dig around to find that)

heck even the username was pretty damn well close to genius perfection

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Why do rich people eat gold?

I get that it's expensive, so it's a way of flaunting your wealth, but aren't there more appetising ways to do that? And here's a restaurant offering a £50 sandwich for delivery with gold on it; but it's *delivery*, so nobody will see you eating it! What's the point then?

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why do rich people eat gold?

I get that it's expensive, so it's a way of flaunting your wealth, but aren't there more appetising ways to do that? And here's a restaurant offering a £50 sandwich for delivery with gold on it; but it's *delivery*, so nobody will see you eating it! What's the point then?

An actualisation of wealth. Because they can.

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

There was the London - Paris bike ride  being covered by her sponsors , discussions over a bike shop in Bristol   , the broken ankles ,  I even had a conversation about a burger bar on a beach in Tobago that you'd only really know about by having been ( JJ had been in Tobago  , pretty sure the catfish hadn't been there so they would have had to dig around to find that)

heck even the username was pretty damn well close to genius perfection

was it ever proved or admitted that baselayers wasn’t JJ?

I met her in Les Deux Alpes once after a notable half pipe incident, i’d be able to 100% verify legitimacy if the account was active!

Â