Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

26 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

If your story had of ended, with you becoming pals, and when he introduced you to his family, you ended up marrying his sister, I would have cried.

Hahaha! Never saw the guy again. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Only ‘cos of his TV/Film presence in the few things I have actually watched (which are few and far between knowing/unknowing he was/is in them) but there are a few VT poster out there (one specifically) that loves the guy. 

Excuses of being tight cast but in fact he is almost as 1 dimentional as Tom cruise (cheekey cokeny hard man - no presence - no menace - no body) Cruise - arrogant word removed (but do all my own stunts at the age of 50+) look at me I’m some body

tumblr_m524dudHBQ1rwv5vfo1_400.gif

:P

6 hours ago, turvontour said:

Are you allowed to eat/drink while you're driving? 

I wouldn't advise eating a roast dinner while on the M6. 

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

You were no one in the early 80s, if you didn't rock one of these in playground (mine was pretty much the one on the right)...

Yep. Navy blue parka for me with the bright orange inner lining at school. 

Purchased a sandy coloured one about 10 years ago... must have shrunk as its too tight now :blush:

Got a green one last year in anticipation of my Iceland trip. It was warmer there then it was here! 

• Like 1

When i was at secondary school there was a phase of some kids wearing RAF style long coats that milletts sold for about £3 ( it was 1978/79 !). Never had one....but by the 80/81 term black donkey jackets were de rigeur, thanks mainly to the band the flying pickets 

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I rocked one of them too. The farmer look was well in, on the mean streets of Erdington, in the late 80s. Later still, I had a Naf Co. 55 jacket, off Wilton Market.

Represent! As long as you rocked it with Joe Bloggs jeans?

i still see a guy in Ladywood who wears a 'Spliffy' jacket. He's had value out of that! 

• Haha 1

There was a spell when kids at school used to wear black bombers jackers with Pioneer, Technics or Kenwood on the back.

I remember repeatedly asking one lad who had a Kenwood bomber jacket why his coat was advertising a make of kettle. He eventually punched me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Represent! As long as you rocked it with Joe Bloggs jeans?

i still see a guy in Ladywood who wears a 'Spliffy' jacket. He's had value out of that! 

That jacket has got to be getting on for 25 years old then!

• Like 1

I need a good autumn weather jacket that doesn't make me look like a

a. Hipster try-hard

b.Old fuddy duddy

c. Eurotrash

Any suggestions?

Edited by maqroll

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Oh yeah, Eclipse jeans, and a Spliffy jacket, and you looked the business!  

I remember turning up for non-school uniform day wearing that and was mortified that it had gone out of fashion.  Everyone was in chav gear.  Amazing looking back how much of a shit I gave about that sort of thing.  

Another weird thing was giving 'two-strappers' abuse.  Dunno if that was just our school or what, but the correct wearing of a backpack would mean automatic bullying.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

When i was at secondary school there was a phase of some kids wearing RAF style long coats that milletts sold for about £3 ( it was 1978/79 !). Never had one....

I had one. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Naaah. By the time Zep came along (68/69, but didn't really take off until 70), The Who had long since stopped being a mod band, and appealed to much the same audience as LZ (i.e. people like me and my mates). What was left of mod culture was listening to soul and reggae, and morphing into skins/suedes - all the ones I knew detested The Who, as 'longhaired rock crap', exactly like Zep. 

Must admit I prefer 'The Who' from 69- mid 70s than I do their early stuff.  They were more of a rock band then like you said. I do like their early stuff and they released some good singles. Daltrey by 69 had mastered being a frontman as before that I weren't overly keen on him. By the mid 70 moon was sadly wasted and a shadow of his former self. 

• Like 1

I wonder what a long life as an Inuit would be like, having lived a traditional Inuit life. It seems like a really hard life, and a sparse life, but also pure and bright and real and dangerous, and maybe a real answer to so many of our "1st world" problems we have these days.

• Like 1

Â