Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why is Hampshire shortened to Hants. Whenever I encounter this at work I wonder, and it annoys me. It should be Hamps tbh

Becuz we r speshul.

You are Gareth, you are.

And Northants.

Hampshire was known in Saxon times as Hamtunschire. When the Domesday Book was created late in the 11th Century, it was recorded as Hantescire. Hence "Hants".

Presumably a similar explanation for Northants.

Not often, but just now.

If you post in the Liga Sagres thread with the sole intention of winding up Mister_Master, does that make you a Mister_Master baiter?

What would the Roman Empire look like today if it had managed to ride out the crises of the 3rd to 5th centuries AD and endure until the present day.

I once drew a map of a hypothetical, imaginary map of a country based on both Roman Europe as well as modern America, with huge influxes of immigrants populating certain portions of the empire (a la USA).

Geek, yep.

* Also, what I would be right now had I been born in America. Or Britain. Or China. Etc etc etc

Why does it take roughly 10-12 hours for what I eat to come out as shit, but when I eat pea & ham soup it makes me fart like a trouper less than 60 minutes after?

What would the Roman Empire look like today if it had managed to ride out the crises of the 3rd to 5th centuries AD and endure until the present day.

I once drew a map of a hypothetical, imaginary map of a country based on both Roman Europe as well as modern America, with huge influxes of immigrants populating certain portions of the empire (a la USA).

Geek, yep.

* Also, what I would be right now had I been born in America. Or Britain. Or China. Etc etc etc

You may like this

200px-Romanitas2.jpg

Why does it take roughly 10-12 hours for what I eat to come out as shit, but when I eat pea & ham soup it makes me fart like a trouper less than 60 minutes after?

Why did God create a world that required humans to do something as stupid and mundane as taking a shit? Nothing feels more of a necessary waste of time than going to the toilet to crap.

Why did God create a world that required humans to do something as stupid and mundane as taking a shit? Nothing feels more of a necessary waste of time than going to the toilet to crap.

I actually really enjoy my 15 minutes peace and quiet in a morning! Its the only time i get chance to have a good go at whatever book im reading.

Â