Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If I started talking in an English accent, how long before it would become my actual accent. Could I start to go through life determining certain periods based upon which accent I was speaking in at the time. Oh yeah 2019-2024 when I worked in Birmingham and spoke like a Chinaman.

If I started talking in an English accent, how long before it would become my actual accent. Could I start to go through life determining certain periods based upon which accent I was speaking in at the time. Oh yeah 2019-2024 when I worked in Birmingham and spoke like a Chinaman.
I think he's got it.

By George, he's got it!

Why I always double check the doors are locked. Kinda OCDish.

On the same note, i do this with locking my car. Regularly i will lock it, walk 15 seconds down the road, think "shit...have i locked my car?", walk back to the car, unlock then lock the car again!

On the same note, i do this with locking my car. Regularly i will lock it, walk 15 seconds down the road, think "shit...have i locked my car?", walk back to the car, unlock then lock the car again!

You don't have a car with a remote? Are you Victorian or something ;-)

I can switch between my "normal" accent and a South Wales Valley's accent in about 2 sentences. And then switch back in an instant. I can't control it, it is a mental switch that happens depending on my environment. Stick me in a room full of Welsh people and I'll be talking like them in seconds, without making any effort at all

You don't have a car with a remote? Are you Victorian or something ;-)

I walk fast! :)

I can switch between my "normal" accent and a South Wales Valley's accent in about 2 sentences. And then switch back in an instant. I can't control it, it is a mental switch that happens depending on my environment. Stick me in a room full of Welsh people and I'll be talking like them in seconds, without making any effort at all

I'm exactly the same. Unfortunately it happens wherever I am. I do the Welsh one due to spending most of my time in Swansea and it's so easy to fall into. I also drop into Scottish accents when I'm back "home" and my Canadian one is almost perfect too. The worst though is when speaking (in English) with French people. My pals call me Clouseau and to be fair, I can't argue.

Sure it must be something subliminal about wanting to fit in.

I'm exactly the same. Unfortunately it happens wherever I am. I do the Welsh one due to spending most of my time in Swansea and it's so easy to fall into. I also drop into Scottish accents when I'm back "home" and my Canadian one is almost perfect too. The worst though is when speaking (in English) with French people. My pals call me Clouseau and to be fair, I can't argue.

Sure it must be something subliminal about wanting to fit in.

Schteve McClaren.

Even when I remember that I have locked the doors (car doors or house doors) I have to go back and check. Very odd.

There have been times when I've been in bed and my thought process has been along the lines of

"Did I lock the back door?...Yes, I definitely remember doing that.....BOLLOCKS!" and I have to go check, even though I know I've locked it.

Even when I remember that I have locked the doors (car doors or house doors) I have to go back and check. Very odd.

There have been times when I've been in bed and my thought process has been along the lines of

"Did I lock the back door?...Yes, I definitely remember doing that.....BOLLOCKS!" and I have to go check, even though I know I've locked it.

Strange mate, it really pisses me off because as you say you know you've locked it yet some mystical force drives you to go and check again!

my brother will walk around and check all 4 doors even as he walks away from his car ..me i click the button with my car key in my pocket as I'm walking away , you can hear it beep when it's locked so if I hear a beep it's good enough for me

he's the same with the house he will walk around and check every door and window , I just go out ,leaving my windows open all the time

I do have a similar thing with the Iron, Always get about 2 miles away from the house and think, shit have I left the iron on, given that this is about 5:30am, I can't ring home because a) no one will be awake and B) if I do wake them they'll either be annoyed I woke them or annoyed I left the iron on, so I always go back to check. I've nevr once left it on either I just can't remember unplugging it. :angry:

Â