');
tonyh29

Things you often Wonder

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why did Whelan take the penalty? 

To set us free.

• Like 2

Which is the unofficial Halloween night out when the 31st doesn’t fall on a Friday or Saturday? If it lands on a Sunday, is it the Saturday the 30th or a week after?

If it’s a Wednesday like this year, is it Saturday 27th or the Friday 1st Nov? or is it Saturday 2nd Nov?

Essentially what I’m asking is, which is the MAIN day people will be in costumes and how can I avoid it?

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Which is the unofficial Halloween night out when the 31st doesn’t fall on a Friday or Saturday? If it lands on a Sunday, is it the Saturday the 30th or a week after?

If it’s a Wednesday like this year, is it Saturday 27th or the Friday 1st Nov? or is it Saturday 2nd Nov?

Essentially what I’m asking is, which is the MAIN day people will be in costumes and how can I avoid it?

I’d say on balance it’s preferable for a Halloween party to take place in October. If the 31st landed on a Thursday, I guess people would be tempted to hold the party on the Friday. 

I know my mate is going to one on the 27th, if that helps.

• Thanks 1

ah yes bonfire night  ... 2 weeks of people moaning cause their wuss of dog doesn't like fireworks

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ah yes bonfire night  ... 2 weeks of people moaning cause their wuss of dog doesn't like fireworks

Try 4 weeks of taxi drivers moaning they are being used as target practice

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is Pizza so expensive? 

you mean dominos or papa johns? they took over the delivery market across the country and can almost charge whatever. they do so many ‘deals’ that bring it down to a slightly less insane price, but it’s still way too high - I guess they capitalise on the idea of getting a great deal.

Depends where you live, but look elsewhere.

Dominos 13.5” Cheese and Tomato pizza, £16.99

https://www.dominos.co.uk/menu

Pizza Union 12” Margherita, £3.95

https://www.pizzaunion.com/#menu

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

you mean dominos or papa johns? they took over the delivery market across the country and can almost charge whatever. they do so many ‘deals’ that bring it down to a slightly less insane price, but it’s still way too high - I guess they capitalise on the idea of getting a great deal.

Depends where you live, but look elsewhere.

Dominos 13.5” Cheese and Tomato pizza, £16.99

https://www.dominos.co.uk/menu

Pizza Union 12” Margherita, £3.95

https://www.pizzaunion.com/#menu

It's just mental, the ingredients cost almost nothing, the are made by kids on minimum wage. Pizza companies should be amongst the most profitable companies in the world, their margins must be staggering. 

OK probably no one ever buys at the headline price but even the half price cost is outrageous. 

I still buy them occasionally but always through gritted teeth hating myself for helping them get away with it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Don’t get many noses in Ruge. There is one who’s in the pub with his missus, though . Don’t know whether to do either of the DHUTWU, or just drop the nut on the simple clearing in the woods 😉

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t get many noses in Ruge. There is one who’s in the pub with his missus, though . Don’t know whether to do either of the DHUTWU, or just drop the nut on the simple clearing in the woods 😉

3rd option ‘volley them in the jaw’

• Like 1

On 05/10/2018 at 19:41, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Can anyone tell me what that film was that had all the Gremlins in it?

Are you thinking of a Mogwai video?

• Haha 1