Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I've got my opinion on which it is, though I wonder and still deliberate over, whether consciousness is merely a product of the human mind, and has no soul or afterlife like a generator creates electricity and ceases to when it stops working or is broken. Or, if consciousness' relationship is more like the T.V signal to the T.V set, where when the T.V stops working or is broken the signal remains, and there is a soul and an afterlife.

Your consciousness is a product of your mind and dies with you, but mine lives on

lean back.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I've got my opinion on which it is, though I wonder and still deliberate over, whether consciousness is merely a product of the human mind, and has no soul or afterlife like a generator creates electricity and ceases to when it stops working or is broken. Or, if consciousness' relationship is more like the T.V signal to the T.V set, where when the T.V stops working or is broken the signal remains, and there is a soul and an afterlife.

Get thee to the religion thread for some lively debate. 

• Like 2

It's most likely caused because whoever approaches you to talk breaks a cycle of concentration.  So your body then relaxes, which it does by stretching muscles.  

If you're at a computer, you're most likely sitting in quite a bad posture, or a good posture, so when you start talking, you're body tries to get comfy. 

I don't think there's any semblance of dominant behaviour going on.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's most likely caused because whoever approaches you to talk breaks a cycle of concentration.  So your body then relaxes, which it does by stretching muscles.  

If you're at a computer, you're most likely sitting in quite a bad posture, or a good posture, so when you start talking, you're body tries to get comfy. 

I don't think there's any semblance of dominant behaviour going on.  

Speak for yourself!  I just had a subordinate in my office.  He hadn't interrupted me, as we had walked into my office together talking.  I sat down and assumed the pose.   He was cowering and quaking in his boots, and he's bigger than me.  He left my office mumbling, "Yes, sir!  Yes, sir!"

Edited by il_serpente
edit

Why anybody would read THE Steve Bruce thread. 

It's always near the top of the thread list. Many times I've read everything which has caught my eye and then my finger has hovered over the Bruce thread, and I've just moved on thinking what's the point? 

Like about 2 minutes ago. 

It's like watching East Enders. 

I've often wondered why the Steve Bruce thread was full of shit-posts about @sidcow - have you seen some of the shit in there? And all that bit about his mum? Amazes me why he lets them all get away with it. Straight outta Jeremy Kyle! - No actually it's like a real-life Eastenders. In fact I bet Sidcow's life is SO like Eastenders he wouldn't even bother watching it I mean what's the point right? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I've often wondered why the Steve Bruce thread was full of shit-posts about @sidcow - have you seen some of the shit in there? And all that bit about his mum? Amazes me why he lets them all get away with it. Straight outta Jeremy Kyle! - No actually it's like a real-life Eastenders. In fact I bet Sidcow's life is SO like Eastenders he wouldn't even bother watching it I mean what's the point right? 

How old are you Marvin? 

The wife and I have a pair of quidditch mugs (big whoop, wanna fight about it?).

One says “he’s a keeper” and the other one says “she’s a catch”.

Who drinks from which mug?

I think I should use the “he’s a keeper” mug but my wife thinks she should.

Should this be in the boring thread?

36 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The wife and I have a pair of quidditch mugs (big whoop, wanna fight about it?).

One says “he’s a keeper” and the other one says “she’s a catch”.

Who drinks from which mug?

I think I should use the “he’s a keeper” mug but my wife thinks she should.

Should this be in the boring thread?

The answer may be found if you go for the matching t-shirts (assuming you haven’t already). 

5B0EB4FD-EC18-45F0-8412-C95AD6EF3B93.jpeg

Edit - I assume the mugs are bringing you as much joy as the t-shirts are bringing this couple 

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The answer may be found if you go for the matching t-shirts (assuming you haven’t already). 

5B0EB4FD-EC18-45F0-8412-C95AD6EF3B93.jpeg

Edit - I assume the mugs are bringing you as much joy as the t-shirts are bringing this couple 

Ah flip, that means the wife’s right. I shan’t be showing her this.

We wouldn’t get the tshirts though, we’re not that sad. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Ah flip, that means the wife’s right. I shan’t be showing her this.

We wouldn’t get the tshirts though, we’re not that sad. :ph34r:

The t-shirts only make proper sense when both people are wearing them at the same time. 

Would that mean if you’re both having a tea, if the one mug is being used you feel obligated to use the other one too?

To answer your other question in the OP, if this subject wasn’t for the boring thread before, I’d say it’s certainly heading in that direction now.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was going to say that if anyone sees you with a "He's a keeper" mug then they'd probably think you're well ghey.

But then again you're a grown man drinking from a Harry Potter mug so...

tenor.gif?itemid=4950235

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The t-shirts only make proper sense when both people are wearing them at the same time. 

Would that mean if you’re both having a tea, if the one mug is being used you feel obligated to use the other one too?

To answer your other question in the OP, if this subject wasn’t for the boring thread before, I’d say it’s certainly heading in that direction now.

Oh, we don’t just use one of them, we only use them both if we’re both having a drink. We’re not weirdos!!!

• Like 1

I drink my coffee, milk no sugar, from a manic street preachers mug. They havent done anything of note since the mid 90's but my wife proposed to me at the gig we bought them at and the coffee tastes great in them.

• Like 3

Â