Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

How many holes has a straw got?

A finite number that nears infinity or 1 or any number.

Near infinity -

A straw is made of atoms. Atoms are a nucleus surrounded by a cloud of electrons. Each gap in that cloud can be interpreted as a hole. It is impossible to count them. 

1 -

But two connected holes become a single hole.

Any number -

But you cannot guarantee that every hole is connected to every other hole at any moment in time. It's feasible that every number could exist at any moment in time. 

I need to get out more. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

What's it like to see England play in a major tournament final? 

Pull up a chair, young whippersnapper, and I'll tell you a tale of the old days... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin... 

Once upon a time, England won the World Cup, and I watched it with my Dad. 

IT WAS F***ING BRILLIANT. 

The end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those who work in office environments but i guess other scenarios too.....why is it that if you start speaking to a colleague, they give their response whilst performing a fake stretch of the arms above their head (or at least arms bent, hands almost behind their head) usually when they are seated. I'm guilty of it too....is it a nervous form of body language ? 

Hmmm... I wonder....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

For those who work in office environments but i guess other scenarios too.....why is it that if you start speaking to a colleague, they give their response whilst performing a fake stretch of the arms above their head (or at least arms bent, hands almost behind their head) usually when they are seated. I'm guilty of it too....is it a nervous form of body language ? 

Hmmm... I wonder....

I know exactly what you mean, strangely. I think I do it too.

I think I’m saying “I’m so relaxed and casual, I don’t mind that we’re talking and you’re asking me questions. Look, I’m so relaxed I’m stretching”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Hmmm... I wonder....

maybe cos you might me a bit dull in real life opposed to what is projected on VT? That goes to all you other £u****s that have agreed

? 

:detect:

I've got my opinion on which it is, though I wonder and still deliberate over, whether consciousness is merely a product of the human mind, and has no soul or afterlife like a generator creates electricity and ceases to when it stops working or is broken. Or, if consciousness' relationship is more like the T.V signal to the T.V set, where when the T.V stops working or is broken the signal remains, and there is a soul and an afterlife.

Â