Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

20 hours ago, blandy said:

I'm wondering who you mean - Aretha Franklin? Nina Simone? One of the Whitney/ Mariah /Adele /Amy singers, or one of those Opera singer ones? Or a favourite of yours, or an Irish singer, if not one of those I mentioned? Genuinely wondering about this.

It's Maria Callas. The answer is Maria Callas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/03/2022 at 15:33, Wainy316 said:

It's amazing just how many people are completely and utterly clueless when it comes to geography.

I know following football probably helps but I have a genuine interest in places and where they are.

I quite like watching crime and interrogation videos on YouTube and one of them has always stuck in my mind where an American interrogation is taking place. The suspect says he's been talking to a woman in Bulgaria and the detective says where is that? It blows my mind that a 40 year old man in that kind of position wouldn't have heard of the country Bulgaria before.

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

I wore it like a badge of teenage film stars Hash bars, cherry mash and tinfoil tiaras. Dreaming of Maria Callas, Whoever she is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I wore it like a badge of teenage film stars Hash bars, cherry mash and tinfoil tiaras. Dreaming of Maria Callas, Whoever she is.

Beat me to it Pete 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I quite like watching crime and interrogation videos on YouTube and one of them has always stuck in my mind where an American interrogation is taking place. The suspect says he's been talking to a woman in Bulgaria and the detective says where is that? It blows my mind that a 40 year old man in that kind of position wouldn't have heard of the country Bulgaria before.

I remember,many many years ago on "Americas funniest video" or something similar.The producers let a kangaroo go at a gas station and lots of Americans were saying they saw a "giant mouse" FFS 

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I remember,many many years ago on "Americas funniest video" or something similar.The producers let a kangaroo go at a gas station and lots of Americans were saying they saw a "giant mouse" FFS 

On 01/04/2022 at 10:39, BOF said:

Nah.

She was striking though. A big reason why she's remembered more than her frenemy of the time.

118681097.jpg.0934ecbcbe66ff7b2e826e80a2926b0d.jpg

Why are there so many adverts on TV and Radio for Credit Score services. 

I can't remember any time I was interested or needed to know my credit score. Why are there literally armies of people needing these services from multiple competing providers whith huge budgets? 

• Like 1

It is the second month of autumn here and the weather forcasters have been predicting storms for the last 2 weeks,all we have had is 2 brief showers,for a total of about 6 minutes total.So, my question is.How is it that we hear predictions about global warming when they cant even tell if its going to rain tomorrow ?!

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

It is the second month of autumn here and the weather forcasters have been predicting storms for the last 2 weeks,all we have had is 2 brief showers,for a total of about 6 minutes total.So, my question is.How is it that we hear predictions about global warming when they cant even tell if its going to rain tomorrow ?!

They're 2 different things measured observed and predicted in different ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They're 2 different things measured observed and predicted in different ways.

To me,one is predicting that its going to get warmer and the other is predicting that its going to get wetter.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

To me,one is predicting that its going to get warmer and the other is predicting that its going to get wetter.

One is a short term prediction of the immediate future based around the existing data on the local atmosphere. The other is the analysis of long term trends and using those to create models of their effects.

They aren't really related. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can't remember any time I was interested or needed to know my credit score. Why are there literally armies of people needing these services from multiple competing providers whith huge budgets? 

It is handy to have a rough view of what your credit score is as it does effect credit, lending and eligibility decisions. 

It's also useful as a fraud prevention tool to check there's not been anything taken out in your name or if there are random old accounts you've forgotten about. 

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's also useful as a fraud prevention tool to check there's not been anything taken out in your name or if there are random old accounts you've forgotten about

Bloody hell, how the other half live! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

They are all a con as there is no such thing as a credit score in the UK. 

Â