Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder what blind people 'see'. I watched a tv show where a blind person said he doesn't see blackness, he actually sees nothing at all. Nothing.

Freaked me out a bit thinking about it.

What does he dream about then I wonder as I thought everyone has to dream about something?

Also, can blind people have fantasies?

I wonder what blind people 'see'. I watched a tv show where a blind person said he doesn't see blackness, he actually sees nothing at all. Nothing.

How does a blind person know what the colour black is?

may not be the same sensation but when I had the laser surgery on the old eyes , they cut the lens of your eye and peel it back and you are temporarily unable to see ... so for about 30 seconds you could hear people talking ,you could sense them moving and I could smell the burning of the laser but all i saw was just pure white nothingness .. i don't know why i just imagined everything would go black but nope pure white ..maybe that is what it is like for a blind person ?

I think we've covered this on here before, but for years I've wondered if everyone sees colours the same.

I have a weird theory that people don't. What I know as blue may be the same as what you know as red, but because it's always been called blue I wouldn't know it was any different.

Could account for different tastes in fashion and design etc.

I'm sure someone will show me something that proves that that's utter nonsense, but it doesn't change the fact that I often wonder about it.

I think we've covered this on here before, but for years I've wondered if everyone sees colours the same.

I have a weird theory that people don't. What I know as blue may be the same as what you know as red, but because it's always been called blue I wouldn't know it was any different.

I'm sure someone will show me something that proves that that's utter nonsense, but it doesn't change the fact that I often wonder about it.

I wonder about this a lot, more than I should really.

Said it before on here, how can some people find certain people beautiful. Okay we all have different opinions but like you never see a 10/10 looks with someone who you believe is a 3/10 looks. (well unless the 3/10 has like 100 million ...)

I mean, I have a 'standard' that I wouldn't go below, I'd rather go single than be with some people. While I'm sure someone who is really good looking standards would be higher than mine. I don't believe people just 'settle' with people because they can't get the most beautiful girls, because obviously that's not the case. Everyone see's beauty in someone else but I just don't get how. It's as if everyone has a standard 'box' ..

i.e. if someone is a 10/10 ...then they are more attracted to 10/10's ...but a 8/9 could get into their plans if they have a great personality and other factors etc...

while if you're a 5/10 ...then again, you won't see a 5/10 with anyone who's less/more than a 4 or 6.

anyone see what I'm getting at or is this all gibberish?

It is beautiful that everyone can find beautiful but I don't get how.

How to get as far as possible with no money what-so-ever.

1984. Hitch hiked from San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas Mexico to Victoria BC Canada without a dime, 20 yrs old, after having been robbed of well nigh everything, amazing stories I could bore you with of incredible hospitality and generosity on the part of local folk and the unusual situations I found myself in. took 4 1/2 weeks to make the trip. That's my record.

by the way, some truckers are very good people indeed

When I go visit my nan at her care home they often have group sessions where they all sit around and sing songs .. they are always singing "Roll out the barrels" and "Get Me to the Church on Time" etc so I wondered ....

When I'm 80+ and in a care home will my group music sessions involve sitting around an out of tune piano singing Nirvana and Oasis songs with my fellow inmates .. or is Get me to the church a timeless classic that I need to start learning when I'm 79 ?

This will be me (I'll think that I'm called "Ben" by then) in not-very-many years' time:

BGChappiness.jpg

Do animals talk in accents in "their own language"?
Yes, they do.

Somebody did research into birdsong by slowing down recordings, and they found that British birds of any given species always sing the same basic "tunes", but but they do it slightly differently in different parts of the country.

And they can recognise "non-locals" by it amongst themselves.

I wonder about this a lot, more than I should really.

Yeah me too although I think most people do see the colour as the same or very similar as you can describe it using words like light and dark which have fairly basic meanings. The other thing I think about is how to describe a colour. It's impossible.

Â