Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can promise 1 thing it wont be mcclaren, RL would never be so stupid to bring in a manager he knows would get no support from the fans especially not after this torrid season. so please people shut up about him there is atleast 10 other candidates infront of him

Lerner appears to be showing a fair bit of ambition with his candidates. Not one really is a bad manager.. I mean when he's looking at the likes of Moyes, Jol and Ancelotti we now we are getting a good manager at some point.

no but the rumours in the paper is that one of the things that holds MH out is the fact that he wont be available before july so i think the board is just as impatient as us to get a new leader on villa park

ive been away for a while have the club announced a time scale for a new manager been appointed??

Nothing has been mentioned yet, though I think we will hear something late next week.

ive been away for a while have the club announced a time scale for a new manager been appointed??

kind of.

i think the official line is "soon".

so thats somewhere between today & July.

It does seem we are in for a more popular appointment this time. I hadn't considered Jol too much even though I was keen last year. How did he do at Ajax. And is he still there now/when did he leave?

who is Van Gaal?

i've heard his name mentioned a few times here & there...

any good? available?

In recent times got Bayern Munich to Champions League final. However was sacked this season after missing out on 3rd I think (not sure about that one)?

Listen folks, it looks like the choices are down to a very few now:

1) Steve McLaren

2) The M&M “dream team” (Maradona and Morley)

3) Steve McLaren

4) Trophy-laden Spanish, European and World Champion Rafa Benitez.

I know who I’d choose.

if that were the choices, i would go for Maradona! 8)

It does seem we are in for a more popular appointment this time. I hadn't considered Jol too much even though I was keen last year. How did he do at Ajax. And is he still there now/when did he leave?

He quit Ajax earlier in the year.

If you look in Wikipedia and look up the manager.. it shows his win percentage.

Martin Jol's percentages at each club is actually very high. Much higher than more favoured managers like Hughes etc

didn't he get sacked for doing rubbish?

or am i thinking of someone else?

He quit Ajax earlier in the year.

why did he quit?

did he actually quit, or was he sacked, or was it 'mutual consent'?

So we go out of our way to contact a team to tell them we have not spoken to your manager.

Said manager then resigns the same day but hasnt spoken to any club according to his agent.

We then let it be known that he is not a candidate when 12 months ago he was the top candidate if our then manager had walked a little sooner.

That all sound plausible doesnt it