Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Kendrick's latest tweets give a good indication of the position i reckon..

#avfc were still waiting to hear back from Ancelotti's people last night. If, as other reports claim, he's decided no he's yet to tell Villa

Click

Ancelotti approach possibly more in hope than expectation, so #avfc are simultaneously working down shortlist of other targets

Click

No harm in trying, good to see.

I'm sure if he says no it will actually be Randy's fault somehow which would be ridiculous!

Why would Hughes quit without a job lined up? Who else is looking at the moment, Chelsea,? yeh right, it has to be the Villa.

if you read the article posted it tells you why he left

he has only a couple more days to activate his get out clause before being tied down for another year.

with the job at chelsea up for grabs and the villa job and the potential for the qpr job ( with a hint that there may be lots of money) the potential of the spurzz job, no doubt newcastle will be hiring and firing again.. he is keeping his options open

i would also think multi millionaire mark hughes, who i am guessing doesnt owe a penny on any of his houses, has plenty of income through investments and also probably has a couple million in his current account wont be very concerned about 6 months biding his time

he knows his stock is medium to high for certain level clubs such as blackburn, fulham, west brom, newcastle, he may even be waiting for everton if word has got out we have approached everton for moyes?

then everton could have made it known they were interested ( obviously all guess work as it would be breaking the premier league rules under hughes contract)

im hoping we get ancelotti, if not then i would be more than ok with moyes

moyes appears loyal and while he does seem MON like, in some ways that is not a bad thing, we have learned now not to panda to the managers silly ideas of paying a player what they want without question so it could be a good appointment.

moyes must be aware that he has the chance to step up, and that is no disrespect to everton, as i think the clubs are pretty level throughout history, i see us as having more potential in this current time, through better chairman, better resources, better stadium and more solid long term plans and direction.

although i would still rather ancelotti

Based on nothing but my own prejudices I suspect Ancelotti won't want to work outside London unless it was for one of the Manc clubs - hence the suggestion he would have been interested in West Ham but apparently doesn't fancy the Villa job.

Assuming that neither Moyes or Ancelotti want the job then I hope we don't let some misguided principle get in the way and exclude Hughes from consideration.

Why would Hughes quit without a job lined up? Who else is looking at the moment, Chelsea,? yeh right, it has to be the Villa.

cardiff?

it might also be part of a chain that involves redknapp going to chelsea

A couple things ...

1. Why would he leave Fulham for Cardiff...

2. What sort of chain involves Cardiff? Because if Hughes goes to Cardiff then ....oh wait. :lol:

cardiff?

A couple things ...

2. What sort of chain involves Cardiff? Because if Hughes goes to Cardiff then ....oh wait. :lol:

If you read what he wrote the reference to 'chain' has nothing to do with Cardiff but with the speculation linked Redknapp to Chelsea thus suggesting Hughes might be Spurs bound.

:lol:

Anyway lets just keep this about Villa.

cardiff?

A couple things ...

If you read what he wrote the reference to 'chain' has nothing to do with Cardiff but with the speculation linked Redknapp to Chelsea thus suggesting Hughes might be Spurs bound.

:lol:

Anyway lets just keep this about Villa.

Shut up. It's early/late. :(

i think its cool that villa still insist on doing things the right way and to me, it is clear that they have not formally approached anyone with regards to the job.... ie not hughes, not moyes, not ancelotti, not jol...

as such, all of the bookmakers odds and all of the press speculation is not based on any facts or ITK...

We need a new manager in ASAP.

Am i right in thinking Hughes would have to serve a month's notice unless we paid some kind of compensation?

Worrying times considering our number 1 goalkeeper is apparently joining spurs and we have already lost Reo-Coker going managerless into the unknown there are 2 players that need replacing before we even think about a centre half rightback and a winger to replace young.

I'm not liking these links to Steve Mclaren. Pat Murphy has mentioned him as a possible appointment. I think I speak on behalf of most Villa fans by saying he would be a terrible choice. We need someone to inspire the fans, those players considering their futures and players at other clubs looking for an exciting move. Mclaren is just a wally with a brolly.

If McClaren gets appointed as manager then surely Randy has lost his marbles, the bloke is useless at best and hopefully the only time he comes to Villa Park is manager of the opposition.

I'm not liking these links to Steve Mclaren. Pat Murphy has mentioned him as a possible appointment. I think I speak on behalf of most Villa fans by saying he would be a terrible choice. We need someone to inspire the fans, those players considering their futures and players at other clubs looking for an exciting move. Mclaren is just a wally with a brolly.

what do you expect from this board, there are no football people on it