Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Please....I....I can't take it any more.....no more mention.....of Steve McClaren....

This has given me an idea on how a small but determined pro-Benitez faction could prevail.

Keep mentioning McLaren and suggesting he is the most likely appointment. Keep evoking images of him sheltering under an umbrella on the Villa Park touchline as we lose at home to Stoke or Blackburn.

Eventually, as the more favoured candidates are ruled out, and the McLaren Fear Factor kicks in, the majority will turn to Rafa with open arms and clamour for him. And the board will listen.

That's the way to do it. Few will listen to the all-important facts of Benitez's managerial record. But if they think it's between him and the umbrella man...

Although I really don't want FSW, I must admit that this tactic is genius...Normandy has seen through your ruse people..

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that Southgate's name has failed to be mentioned at all. I'm not saying he's a possibility, just thought he'd be on a bookies list somewhere.

Last time I looked, Diego Maradona was listed at 66-1, and Ray Graydon and Tony Morley were there on similar odds. Sometimes I think they quote odds on people just for fun.

I'm surprised that Southgate's name has failed to be mentioned at all. I'm not saying he's a possibility, just thought he'd be on a bookies list somewhere.

Last time I looked, Diego Maradona was listed at 66-1, and Ray Graydon and Tony Morley were there on similar odds. Sometimes I think they quote odds on people just for fun.

Your obviously the brains of the organisation :D

Ancelotti's odds drifting.

Yeah well people have stopped putting money on him after the Guardian article scared them off.

The bookies have to give bigger odds to get people to keep giving them more of their money.

Daily Star states that Ancelotti, Moyes, Jol and Martinez are the main four Lerner wants.. Though it is the Daily Star so it's probably rather inaccurate, but it's nice reading nonetheless.

is this thing that mcclaren is a bad manager because of how he did with england? coz, you know, his club record is pretty good

Is it? mediocre with 'Boro, good with Twente and shite with Wolfsburg. Apart from what he did at twente he shows no sign of being anywhere near good enough for us.

i have gone for ancelotti because its just very rare you get a big name avalible who wants to stay in england but it does depend on what he wants to do with the club as he has been at chelsea and milan is he used to trimming wage bills and finding bargains. would still like moyes and hughes though in that order because of the passion on the touchline.thats the only thing i miss about MON

is this thing that mcclaren is a bad manager because of how he did with england? coz, you know, his club record is pretty good

Is it? mediocre with 'Boro, good with Twente and shite with Wolfsburg. Apart from what he did at twente he shows no sign of being anywhere near good enough for us.

I dont think a uefa cup final with a now championship side can be deemed mediocre.

I agree, I think the negative McClaren vibes are because he stood with a brolly whilst he failed to take a team to where they should be. A feat that no one has achieved for the last 20 years

still dont want him tho

I'm not sure the Ancelotti deal is dead - he said the other week that he would consider managing West Ham for goodnessake, therefore i can't imagine he's turned us down so quickly, unless he and Villa are engaged in a bit of brinksmanship on contract terms.

My other thought is Moyes - each time i read an article saying he isn't coming, the actual quotes from him are vague and non commital at best, saying he wants to be at a club where 'he has the chance to give the fans something' etc. Again could be playing Kenwright to an extent, but it could also be that he is avoiding the real question so not to rule himself out in the eyes of Lerner.

If it is neither of those two i'll be pretty disappointed - unless it's a completely out of the blue mega manager like Deschamps or Villa Boas.

Listen folks, it looks like the choices are down to a very few now:

1) Steve McLaren

2) The M&M “dream team” (Maradona and Morley)

3) Steve McLaren

4) Trophy-laden Spanish, European and World Champion Rafa Benitez.

I know who I’d choose.

Listen folks, it looks like the choices are down to a very few now:

1) Steve McLaren

2) The M&M “dream team” (Maradona and Morley)

3) Steve McLaren

4) Trophy-laden Spanish, European and World Champion Rafa Benitez.

I know who I’d choose.

Is there no way we can put Sir Gary Cahill odds up??

Il take that bet