Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I think Rafa is on the list somewhere!

My god, mcclaren / rafa...shit realisation is a real kick in the balls when you've allowed your mind to float onto planet blind optimism (ancelotti).

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McClaren really isn't as bad a club manager as some people are saying.

He got Boro to two UEFA Cup finals and FC Twenty to the Champions League. That is pretty good by anyone’s standards.

He is tainted by the failed England campaign and its fun to lay into him so it would take a good performance at a smaller team to rebuild his reputation over here.

I don't want to be the team to take him on but I think he'd do pretty well at somewhere like Fulham.

In today's Brum Mail, Hughes' exit from Fulham has hindered, not helped his prospects of #avfc job. Not on shortlist. Regarded as outsider

I'm starting to wonder who our targets are now. But, if Mark Hughes prospects haven't been helped by what happened yesterday; then, I really haven't got a clue what is going on and who they have in mind. Speculation, speculation, speculation. I just hope it's sorted as soon as possible. BUT PLEASE; NO MCCLAREN!!!! WALLY WITH A BROLLY!! CLOWN!! CALL HIM WHAT YOU LIKE.

McClaren can drive us forward.

I take it that you are just making a funny, driving->car->mcclaren, as I normally have a lot of time for your posts.

However, if it is not just a "funny" and you mean what you say I've just lost all respect for anything you've written or will write in the future :lol:

I'm serious, give him a summer, hopefully attract the likes of Bentley, Honda and Paolo Ferrari. :!:

Yep. Steve's the man to get us into the fast lane in the premiership

Interesting dds with Skybet.

Next Permanent Aston Villa Manager

Mark Hughes 10/11

Carlo Ancelotti 11/8

Steve McClaren 5/1 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THNX

Roberto Martinez 7/1

Rafa Benitez 10/1

Martin Jol 10/1

David Moyes 14/1

Gary McAllister 20/1

Kevin Macdonald 25/1

Louis Van Gaal 25/1

Walter Smith 25/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

I've just stuck a fiver on Jol at 10's and a fiver on Moyes who is on the drift atm 14/1.

McClaren really isn't as bad a club manager as some people are saying.

He got Boro to two UEFA Cup finals and FC Twenty to the Champions League. That is pretty good by anyone’s standards.

He is tainted by the failed England campaign and its fun to lay into him so it would take a good performance at a smaller team to rebuild his reputation over here.

I don't want to be the team to take him on but I think he'd do pretty well at somewhere like Fulham.

Just about to say exactly the same thing!

I wouldnt want him here only because this is an opportunity to get a top manager!

Interesting odds with Skybet.

Next Permanent Aston Villa Manager

Mark Hughes 10/11

Carlo Ancelotti 11/8

Steve McClaren 5/1 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKS

Roberto Martinez 7/1

Rafa Benitez 10/1

Martin Jol 10/1

David Moyes 14/1

Gary McAllister 20/1

Kevin Macdonald 25/1

Louis Van Gaal 25/1

Walter Smith 25/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

I've just stuck a fiver on Jol at 10's and a fiver on Moyes who is on the drift atm 14/1.

Please....I....I can't take it any more.....no more mention.....of Steve McClaren....

This has given me an idea on how a small but determined pro-Benitez faction could prevail.

Keep mentioning McLaren and suggesting he is the most likely appointment. Keep evoking images of him sheltering under an umbrella on the Villa Park touchline as we lose at home to Stoke or Blackburn.

Eventually, as the more favoured candidates are ruled out, and the McLaren Fear Factor kicks in, the majority will turn to Rafa with open arms and clamour for him. And the board will listen.

That's the way to do it. Few will listen to the all-important facts of Benitez's managerial record. But if they think it's between him and the umbrella man...

ok, here's a challenge for the statto in somebody....

list every manager with premier league experience.

then mark out out those who would not leave their current club.

then mark out those who we would never ever hire because they are rubbish/too old/unemployable.

how many names are we left with?

Last summer I was crying out for Jol, and now I don't seem to have given him a second thought, probably all the pie in the sky Ancelotti stuff and all the rumours with Sparky, but having thought about it Jol would be a great candidate should we fail to land Ancelotti.

we could of got relegated this season and i would of still renewed my season ticket but I will not renew if Steve McClaren becomes manager! This guy is such a knob and even in our days of doug would not be big enough for us! Appointing this guy would send out such a negative message.

anyway ***deep breaths*** he wont be in with a shot its just all the bullshitb Tom Ross is coming out with trying to get him to be manager. TOM! Tom!! **** of you blue nose shit face!