Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

It shouldn't be rushed and gladly it wont be.

This is real life not football manager, its easy for us to say manager x manager y etc etc, we wont know peoples demands or commitments, our own restrictions or how it effects the club or team.

The decision should be researched and considered very methodically imo.

Its Randy's most important decision especially when he knows how quickly the fan base jumps on him for anything remotely bad.

This thread will be 200+ pages before we're even close to an appointment imo.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you would hope that we had a short list drawn up weeks ago, as soon it looked likely Houllier would not be fit enough to continue.

You would also hope that feelers would of been sent out aswell.

Hence, why im starting to think that the manager will be:-

1. Foriegn

2. Available

3. Premier league experience

Now take your pick :winkold:

Pat Murphy is just another in the long line of journalists who ar p155ing in the wind. They just need to spin this story for as long as possible. Without dismissing Hughes what have they got. Hmm Mark Hughes is going to Villa so that's settled then, damn, oh well better move on to the next factual football story about some non league team putting up a new stand.

Massively disagree with this. He reports the facts as and when he has them and I think Mat Kendrick at the Brum Mail does the same. Don't tar all journalists with the same brush!

If you listen to everything Pat Murphy says he very rarely speculates. He is not just some tabloid hack who is trying to sell papers. I think the info he has given us so far has been very intriguing and I firmly believe him when he says we weren't after Hughes last summer, he had already joined Fulham.

I agree the club need to take time to choose the right manager for AVFC. We've had 4 managers since this time last year!

MON - preseason

KMaC - Caretaker

GH- Part of season

GMaC - Caretaker

They need to get this right!

It does seem we are in for a more popular appointment this time. I hadn't considered Jol too much even though I was keen last year. How did he do at Ajax. And is he still there now/when did he leave?

He quit Ajax earlier in the year.

If you look in Wikipedia and look up the manager.. it shows his win percentage.

Martin Jol's percentages at each club is actually very high. Much higher than more favoured managers like Hughes etc

Thanks for that, I'm on my fone and it's a right shit to look things up properly. I'll take a look later, did he leave due to conflict with the board?

Lerner appears to be showing a fair bit of ambition with his candidates. Not one really is a bad manager.. I mean when he's looking at the likes of Moyes, Jol and Ancelotti we now we are getting a good manager at some point.
Great, has Lerner actually gone public with his shortlist?

Not yet.. Just been getting it from certain people in the know. Though many of the newspapers while not always accurate seem to be suggesting the same names as well.

For me the new manager needs to be done and dusted ASAP, we currently have no keeper, likely to lose young and downing, and if this drags on to long, likely to cause more unrest.

The board should have know for a while the odd's were high GH wouldnt be back, so should have had replacements lined up.

I dont except the board have gotta take there time to get it right, as they took long enough last season and didnt.

If its hughes then just pay some compo and get it out the way, he's not going back to fulham so surely if its him it wouldnt cost much to get them to waiver the 30 day notice.

Do we know if any interviews have been done or are due, i think the rumours ancelotti has turned us down or will are strange, as he seems the type of person that would meet and discuss before deciding if he wants the job or not.

So the Dithering continues :?

For me the new manager needs to be done and dusted ASAP, we currently have no keeper, likely to lose young and downing, and if this drags on to long, likely to cause more unrest.

The board should have know for a while the odd's were high GH wouldnt be back, so should have had replacements lined up.

I dont except the board have gotta take there time to get it right, as they took long enough last season and didnt.

If its hughers then just pay some compo and get it out the way, he's not going back to fulham so surely if its him it wouldnt cost much to get them to waiver the 30 day notice.

Do we know if any interviews have been done or are due, i think the rumours ancelotti has turned us down or will are strange, as he seems the type of person that would meet and discuss before deciding if he wants the job or not.

So the Dithering continues :?

agree with this

This is real life not football manager, its easy for us to say manager x manager y etc etc, we wont know peoples demands or commitments, our own restrictions or how it effects the club or team.

The decision should be researched and considered very methodically imo.

Its Randy's most important decision especially when he knows how quickly the fan base jumps on him for anything remotely bad.

This thread will be 200+ pages before we're even close to an appointment imo.

It took 25 hours and 15 minutes for this thread to reach 100 pages so you're fairly safe with that prediction.

It will be Ancelotti, Benitez or Hughes imo.

I think your right......

But lets hope its not an umbrella salesman from Middlesboro :oops:

Can't see it personally, but even if he does come his club record isn't so bad (clutching at straws).

But the other 3 seem viable.

Lerner appears to be showing a fair bit of ambition with his candidates. Not one really is a bad manager.. I mean when he's looking at the likes of Moyes, Jol and Ancelotti we now we are getting a good manager at some point.
Great, has Lerner actually gone public with his shortlist?

Not yet.. Just been getting it from certain people in the know. Though many of the newspapers while not always accurate seem to be suggesting the same names as well.

So basically we dont know who he is looking at then.

Martinez for me, not everyones favourite but i want our next manager to be here for 5-6 years and build a dynasty of good attacking football.
Good young manager Martinez. I like Jol too, anybody who plays attractive football gets my approval.

I think it'll be Moyes or Martinez. Something someone close to the club said to me. 'Not adverse to taking a manager from another club' - was in reference to Hughes' resignation however.