Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Houllier had a good reputation, a good track record, the ability to draw some talented players. Results did not match the promise. But to blame that on RL is, IMO, nonsense.

Sometimes good decisions don't work out. My friend built a new home. It was beautiful until the tornado. RL did not "get it wrong last time." I'm not defending our results, but RL doesn't deserve the blame.

Many of us thought at the time that regardless of reputation and track record it was a huge risk to bring back a man into the stress of PL management who'd had serious heart problems in the past. RL chose, wrongly, to overlook that issue. He got it... wrong.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier had a good reputation, a good track record, the ability to draw some talented players. Results did not match the promise. But to blame that on RL is, IMO, nonsense.

Sometimes good decisions don't work out. My friend built a new home. It was beautiful until the tornado. RL did not "get it wrong last time." I'm not defending our results, but RL doesn't deserve the blame.

Many of us thought at the time that regardless of reputation and track record it was a huge risk to bring back a man into the stress of PL management who'd had serious heart problems in the past. RL chose, wrongly, to overlook that issue. He got it... wrong.

Funnily enough when we bought in Houllier i never even thought of his health.

But i did immediately think of his incredibly boring but succesful enough Liverpool side.

Didn't think it was a bad choice tho at time necessarily but he had been out of magament for few years .

So anyone that isn't clairvoyant and able to predict the future accurately is guilty of getting decisions wrong... wow. Did you know I was going to say that?

So anyone that isn't clairvoyant and able to predict the future accurately is guilty of getting decisions wrong... wow. Did you know I was going to say that?

It was a risk. Lots of people thought it was a risk. Randy presumably knew about his previous health problems. He presumably thought they weren't an issue. In retrospect, he made the wrong decision.

Or do you think he made the right decision?

It was a risk. Lots of people thought it was a risk. Randy presumably knew about his previous health problems. He presumably thought they weren't an issue. In retrospect, he made the wrong decision.

I think I've already said, it didn't work out well. Any decision is a risk... people on this site have been critical of any name mentioned. Ancelotti is a risk, he might move on too quickly. Hughes is a risk, he might not be able to succeed without unlimited funds. The decision to hire Houllier was a sound and reasonable decision at the time. Calling a decision wrong because the unpredictable occurred is IMO nonsense. Again, did you know I was going to respond this way? If not, you made a wrong decision by posting, by your definition of wrong decisions My position is clear. So is yours. We disagree with the definition of wrong decision as it applies to hiring Houllier. I won't bore the rest of the board by repeating the same ideas over and over again.

I think I've already said, it didn't work out well. Any decision is a risk... people on this site have been critical of any name mentioned. Ancelotti is a risk, he might move on too quickly. Hughes is a risk, he might not be able to succeed without unlimited funds. The decision to hire Houllier was a sound and reasonable decision at the time. Calling a decision wrong because the unpredictable occurred is IMO nonsense. Again, did you know I was going to respond this way? If not, you made a wrong decision by posting, by your definition of wrong decisions My position is clear. So is yours. We disagree with the definition of wrong decision as it applies to hiring Houllier. I won't bore the rest of the board by repeating the same ideas over and over again.

I had a fair inkling that you were going to respond with more nonsense, yes. :D

According to the Guardian we never even made contact with Ancelotti :-

"The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football."

Guardian also said Hughes terminated his contract for money, and with the hope Villa would pick him up. Same agent as Carlos Tevez.

According to their sources, the frontrunners for the Villa position are McClaren and Jol.

According to the Guardian we never even made contact with Ancelotti :-

"The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football."

I read this and just called bollocks because what club will he be able to get Champs League at that will be hiring....

Marseille= Do not think so

Bayern Munich= very very highly doubt it

Don't think it is over quite yet with us and Carlo...Id put my money on him or Jol atm