Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MatKendrick

I know for a fact #avfc did sound out Ancelotti's advisors (despite his no contact/fantasy comments), but he's said 'no'

Hmmmmm who to believe, the man himself or a man who makes his living off writing stories.

Moyes or Rafa for me now.

Moyes is Moyes and will do a top job

Rafa has got something to prove so who knows plus he builds normally from the back which is what we need.

Either of those and I'd be happy.

Rafa has got something to prove so who knows plus he builds normally from the back which is what we need.

Pretty much where im at with the whole affair.

This has all become hugely depressing. A few days ago we were thinking of Moyes and Ancellotti. Now we're talking about Steve McLaren. I tell you what, right now I'd take Hughes in a flash. But something tells me this saga still has a while to run, with a few more twists to boot. I don't think we'll appoint anyone this week.

I think we should judge randys next appointment in about two or three seasons time. Not before he has actually made the appointment.

Very much this. And to be honest even when the announcement is made some will go off one one about who we should have had.

But in reality who knows what a particular manager will do until he is allowed to do it.

No one can say with certainty if Ancelotti had come he would have been a success, just like no one can say if McClaren comes he will be a failure.

Just because previous success or failure is in a managers CV it doesn't mean that the circumstances at this club at this time will mean the same will follow.

All we, as fans, can do here is wait for the appointment. Then whoever is charged with the task of managing our club is given the backing they deserve and will need to do the job and bring success here.

But I just get the feeling that too many people will just go straight for the jugular before a ball is kicked

Jol will go to Fulham. I honestly think we're after Moyes.

Read somewhere that he prefers London :oops:

Jol still has his house in London.

I read he has a place in the midands because of his west brom days.

I really just can't see it being McCLaren!! If it is the Villa board have gone crazy.

This is what I keep telling myself. Randy isn't stupid. Is he? :?

Ianrob found this dating back to early May

http://tinyurl.com/5wt7o6v

Carlo Ancelotti is set for a year on the sidelines when he leaves Stamford Bridge - because of a clause in his contract.

Ancelotti is preparing himself for the Stamford Bridge axe, 12 months after becoming the first manager in the club’s history to win the league title and FA Cup Double.

While the Italian wants to stay in England and is set to turn down the chance to return to former club Roma, Ancelotti will not be able to go back into management in this country unless there is a change of heart by the Chelsea hierarchy.

It's understood that under the terms of the three-year deal Ancelotti signed when he joined Chelsea in 2009, he is not allowed to work for another Premier League club within 12 months of leaving Stamford Bridge.

That will force ­Ancelotti to either return to the continent or accept an enforced year of gardening leave.

Ancelotti is still awaiting confirmation of his fate from owner Roman Abramovich. No meeting with a board member is yet scheduled, but the Blues boss anticipates it will come early next week - following Sunday’s final game of the season at Everton.

“We have to wait to see what happens and what will be the decision of the club at the end of the season," said the £6million-a-year Italian.

“We have one more weekend and we just have to wait. I think it will happen after Everton.

“It’s not my decision and I don’t know when the club will take its decision.

"I would like to stay, but if that’s not possible I will find another solution.

Another article came out not long ago saying the clause means nothing because he was sacked, I'm not gonna hunt for it, but it's on the net if you look.

I really just can't see it being McCLaren!! If it is the Villa board have gone crazy.

This is what I keep telling myself. Randy isn't stupid. Is he? :?

Might be a financial decision.

Pretty much where im at with the whole affair.

Either of those two would be very good appointments in my book.