Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Early 90's that's when all the fixing was going on wasn't it? I just think 2 x european cups is a better indicator than winning domestic leagues imo, especially 'dodgy' ones or ones with poor quality (Scottish)

Yeah i was going to point that out. Ancelotti managed Milan while Juve were buying titles by bribeing refs. The two titles wiped from the books Ancelotti's Milan finished 2nd both times.

Put it this way in the Champions League only Guadiola, Mourinho and Ancelotti have won the Champions league twice in the last 10 years. That's great company I don't think anyone could or should doubt this guy is a world class coach.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way in the Champions League only Guadiola, Mourinho and Ancelotti have won the Champions league twice in the last 10 years. That's great company I don't think anyone could or should doubt this guy is a world class coach.

Okay then, I won't.

But I'd still rather have Mark Hughes as I believe him to be the best option for the long term future stability of our football club.

Okay then, I won't.

But I'd still rather have Mark Hughes as I believe him to be the best option for the long term future stability of our football club.

£22million for Joleon Lescott - you sure about that?

Ancelotti is the man for me.

Whats Joleon Lescott got to do with it? Could easily argue Kompany but won't waste my time. I can see where thetrees is coming from, Villa needs a lot of rebuilding, With the players we have Hughes would be better suited. But I'd say him quitting Fulham has finished his chances at VP!

I rate Mark Hughes and i think he would be my 2nd or 3rd choice, i like the thought of young managers with hunger, but at the moment Ancelotti is on another level.

I don't think any of Hughes or Ancelotti will see past 3 seasons at Villa, in those three years, I believe Ancelotti would improve the club more both on and off the field.

Saying that, I'd have Moyes over both of them. I think. Moyes/Ancelotti is a 9/10 appointment, Hughes a 7/10 ..

I think there may be an under appreciation of Carlo's knowledge of the game in general and the league specifically. There have been questions raised about his ability to over see the building of a team and his transfer targets being name brand type players. And the questions are all asking can he be successful on a budget. I say yes. Where has it been proven that he can't? When has he ever truly failed as a manager? Getting sacked for only being the second best team in the toughest league in the world is insane and a poor reflection on the Chelsea owner rather than on Ancelotti.

Seriously the man has witnessed Premier League talent for two years; he's seen first hand what talent exist in the league and how the game is played in this league and what type of skill set a player needs to be successful in this league. He's educated on the player pool in the league. There's an idea that he would only target the Fernando Torres' out there and if he can't simply look in the store window and pick out who he wants from all the other teams on the continent he'll be a bust at Villa. I just don't buy that.

Nothing but more guesswork judging by the tone of the article. Although I so want to believe the line "Villa have ruled out a move for former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez" :)

and then realism smacks us in the face. :(

Dont you dare Randy. Not McLaren.. the least popular one on here............. ffs.. please dont be true.. this reminds me of the time we were linked with Harewood.

Nothing in that at all. Unless they are sat in either Randy's or Forkhandles office they know **** all. Pure antagonism.

After all the Ancelotti talk it would be a massive let down for the fans to get McClaren, perhaps only Moyes would be a softner,maybe Hughes.

If any Managers are out of the race then hopefully they will say so themselves or the Club can rule them out.