Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Villa have 'leaked' that they are considering McClaren to make the fans a little less annoyed about us getting Rafa? Some of the hatred for Benítez earlier in this thread was incredible, but since McClaren's been mentioned it's died down a lot!

Martinez ?? What has he done to deserve a mention ?

he's a shocking manager imo

I'm not sure about MArtinez. He sets his teams up to play attacking football, but Wigan have always been hit and miss. Sometimes they will rip their opponents apart, other times they'll look absolutely woeful.

I wonder whether he'd do a better job with a team with better defenders. Even though he bought Caldwell and the other clowns in their team, he's worked on a tight budget.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd do a good job if he could set up his attacking team with a strong defence behind it?

Martnez has earned his stripes, if football in this country is to improve we need to support managers who try to play the right way. He deserves a shot at a bigger job purely as he's kept Wigan up,(all be it only just) one of the hardest tasks in English football, and worked his way up in the game. Importantly he's done it the right way, not many can achieve that. He knows his stuff, he deserves a chance at a bigger club at some point.

Still think it could be Rafa.

The way things are (reportedly, I stress) heading, I'd take Rafa as second choice behind Moyes, who appears unrealistic anyway.

Well its okay for you then. I'm going to throw myself under a a tube train if it is

Who could we get that is better than Rafa?

An actual blind dead donkey for start.

McClaren, Hughes, Moyes....most of the names we've been seriously linked with.

moyes we wont be able to attract.

hughes is probably on par, less success than rafa

mclaren for me is way beneath rafa

Simon Morley is reporting via Twitter that Hughes will be announced by beginning of next week as manager.

According to him the reports of CA at Bodymoor Heath earlier were false

Simon Morley is reporting via Twitter that Hughes will be announced by beginning of next week as manager.

According to him the reports of CA at Bodymoor Heath earlier were false

He just makes things up. MM has already said it won't be Hughes. I know who I believe.