Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how one popular opinion is that Martin O'Neil is a good manager who took you into some kind of contention? And that Randy **** up in a big way by not backing him? And then basically admitted that **** up by panic-buying a striker to save you from relegation?

Do you find that point-of-view exasperating?

If you do, that's what it's like for me reading some of the unadultered, ill-informed bullshit about Rafa Benitez.

No-one, including Mr. Morley has got a scooby doo who is going to be manager. Not the bookies, not no-one. Its all guess work and rumours. For all we know it could be Ancelotti. The General must be pissing himself at us.

Why not?

its a sidewalk step, he will elave acomfortable and xsecure job for one unde rpressure from expected fans. he will leave for a bigger club than us

There's only 6 clubs IMO who are bigger than us. Those jobs don't come along very often and often get taken by foriegn managers. He's been overlooked on those jobs in the past and he has no money at Everton. I'm not saying I want him just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

heres my take..why do we belive we are a big club? its regarded out side of the midlands were not! i read on here & heard today on talksport how upset villa fans are if sm was our new manager! intresting views today & tony cascarino was bang on! as soon as we have a player his head is turned & hes off,we carnt offer downing champions league or ash,we havnt EVER kicked a clucking ball in the champions league! we havnt won the fa cup since 1957,& to date last win was 1996. the managers we have been linked with have either played or managed at a better level than we can offer so why are we knifing steve mcClaren? the guy was worked under the best manager in the last 25 years at the biggest club in the world,managed england (and failed but every manager fails with england!) no shame their! won the double in holland,won the cup with boro & hes not up to scratch! ffs i think villa fans should take a sit down ,a deep breath & realise the true position were in.

Who could we get that is better than Rafa?

An actual blind dead donkey for start.

as opposed to a virtual blind dead donkey :P :winkold:

Haha well the confusion lies in mcclaren being likened to a blind dead donkey when he isn't actually one. The truth is an actual blind dead donkey would do a better job than both beneathus and wallybrolly.

Simon Morley is reporting via Twitter that Hughes will be announced by beginning of next week as manager.

According to him the reports of CA at Bodymoor Heath earlier were false

He just makes things up. MM has already said it won't be Hughes. I know who I believe.

Forgive my ignorance. Who is Simon Morley?

Rafa Benitez Not good enought for Villa????

Valencia

* La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

* UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

* UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

* FA Cup (1): 2005–06

* FA Community Shield (1): 2006

* UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

* Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

* FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Individual awards

Don Balón Award (1): 2001–02

UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05

FA Premier League Manager of the Month (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009

Some people really need to get a grip and realise where Villa are in the football pyramid.

Simon Morley is reporting via Twitter that Hughes will be announced by beginning of next week as manager.

isnt this the one that said jay bothroyd was imminent at villa only a week ago

He just makes things up. MM has already said it won't be Hughes. I know who I believe.

Someone who pretends to be an ITK, he said it was hughes ages ago, then when all the CA rumours came out he deleted all his tweets to cover his lies, now hes saying hughes again, basically he's a clown who knows **** all.

Lerner has only arrived this morning so i think it'll be Thursday before we have a clear idea of who the targets are.

I think we'll only find out when a new manager is appointed unless the manager in question lets the cat out of the bag

Valencia

Liverpool

Internazionale

Some people really need to get a grip and realise where Villa are in the football pyramid.

Agreed. It's mind-blowing.

Some random person on twitter who pretends he's ITK.

Valencia

Liverpool

Internazionale

This.

Rafa for me now!

heres my take..why do we belive we are a big club? its regarded out side of the midlands were not! i read on here & heard today on talksport how upset villa fans are if sm was our new manager! intresting views today & tony cascarino was bang on! as soon as we have a player his head is turned & hes off,we carnt offer downing champions league or ash,we havnt EVER kicked a clucking ball in the champions league! we havnt won the fa cup since 1957,& to date last win was 1996. the managers we have been linked with have either played or managed at a better level than we can offer so why are we knifing steve mcClaren? the guy was worked under the best manager in the last 25 years at the biggest club in the world,managed england (and failed but every manager fails with england!) no shame their! won the double in holland,won the cup with boro & hes not up to scratch! ffs i think villa fans should take a sit down ,a deep breath & realise the true position were in.

I would agree but that would make half of VT come over here, shit in my letterbox, kill all my relatives and eat my balls while I was still alive while they took a piss in my eye. I ain't havin' none of that! There's some scary emotional people on here. ;)

But spot on mate, spot on.

Lerner has only arrived this morning so i think it'll be Thursday before we have a clear idea of who the targets are.

I think we'll only find out when a new manager is appointed unless the manager in question lets the cat out of the bag

What i mean is we will have a fairly good idea of who it will be. Similar to Houllier.

Martinez ?? What has he done to deserve a mention ?

he's a shocking manager imo

I'm not sure about MArtinez. He sets his teams up to play attacking football, but Wigan have always been hit and miss. Sometimes they will rip their opponents apart, other times they'll look absolutely woeful.

I wonder whether he'd do a better job with a team with better defenders. Even though he bought Caldwell and the other clowns in their team, he's worked on a tight budget.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd do a good job if he could set up his attacking team with a strong defence behind it?

Martnez has earned his stripes, if football in this country is to improve we need to support managers who try to play the right way. He deserves a shot at a bigger job purely as he's kept Wigan up,(all be it only just) one of the hardest tasks in English football, and worked his way up in the game. Importantly he's done it the right way, not many can achieve that. He knows his stuff, he deserves a chance at a bigger club at some point.

Indeed!

Ask yourselves what is the harder job keeping a crap team like Wigan in the league - with 1 very good player, a few average players and a lot of crap or spending beyond a clubs means to get say 6th ala MON's last 2 seasons?

Andy Gray made a good point the other day that fans are clueless when it comes to understanding how chairman work. He said that we think they think about these kinds of decisions in the a completely different way and that there's no rhyme or reason and that they're certainly not hanging about to see what the fans think. They think they know best, that's why they bought the club and people like Randy are making decisions involving millions of pounds on a daily basis, the reason they're successful is not because they consult but because they make tough decisions confidently knowing that it won't be the end of the world if they make a bad call - and that's where it'd be different if it was mine or your choice.

And sadly that's why I won't be too surprised if it is McClaren. If he gets to sit down with Randy, talks up his credentials and comes across as a good guy who won't be too hard to oversee.

Just a thought.