Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

You know how one popular opinion is that Martin O'Neil is a good manager who took you into some kind of contention? And that Randy **** up in a big way by not backing him? And then basically admitted that **** up by panic-buying a striker to save you from relegation?

Do you find that point-of-view exasperating?

If you do, that's what it's like for me reading some of the unadultered, ill-informed bullshit about Rafa Benitez.

The only thing that troubles me with Rafa is his transfer record. It went downhill quite rapidly didn't it?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who could we get that is better than Rafa?

McClaren, Hughes, Moyes....most of the names we've been seriously linked with.

Absurd

only if you post on RAWK would you think that absurd

It IS absurd - Benitez has won more than the three of them combined.

Who could we get that is better than Rafa?

McClaren, Hughes, Moyes....most of the names we've been seriously linked with.

McClaren??

As much as i don't think Benitez would be good for us here i would still put him above McClaren.

Nah, not for me. Benitez is not the type of manager this club wants or needs. RL will not employ someone who has a fondness for slating his owners in the press, needs a budget the size of a small countries GDP for transfers and makes a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way.

Add that to his fondness for squad rotation (we cant really afford a squad to do this properly), zonal marking & One up front 4-2-3-1, none of that shite worked last season so I don't see it miraculously working this season

Wigan finished 11th before Martinez took over them.

This myth he has them playing like Barca is bullshit also. I know they play well against us but they can equally be awful hence why nerly relegated again.

Hes an inexperienced mana\ger doing OK nothing more imo/

Martinez is a weak shout .

I have this vision of Rafa coming in and winning the FA Cup with us in his first season with a second half hat trick from Darren Bent. Then a debate starts up whether it was Houlliers signings that won it or Rafa's tactics.

heres my take..why do we belive we are a big club? its regarded out side of the midlands were not! i read on here & heard today on talksport how upset villa fans are if sm was our new manager! intresting views today & tony cascarino was bang on! as soon as we have a player his head is turned & hes off,we carnt offer downing champions league or ash,we havnt EVER kicked a clucking ball in the champions league! we havnt won the fa cup since 1957,& to date last win was 1996. the managers we have been linked with have either played or managed at a better level than we can offer so why are we knifing steve mcClaren? the guy was worked under the best manager in the last 25 years at the biggest club in the world,managed england (and failed but every manager fails with england!) no shame their! won the double in holland,won the cup with boro & hes not up to scratch! ffs i think villa fans should take a sit down ,a deep breath & realise the true position were in.

I would agree but that would make half of VT come over here, shit in my letterbox, kill all my relatives and eat my balls while I was still alive while they took a piss in my eye. I ain't havin' none of that! There's some scary emotional people on here. ;)

But spot on mate, spot on.

the views on here amaze me how the managers just not good enough for villa.

So it aint hughes, jol, mclaren or ancelotti...who the fook is it?

The scarlett pimpernel?

id like it to be either martinez or moyes - although saying that I think moyes aint going anywhere...but I think its going to be mark hughes. Thats looking the most obvious person and would also explain the waiting...

I am starting to WANT Rafa, not just accept him as a second or third option. Thats scary :o

Me too

Valencia

* La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

* UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

* UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

* FA Cup (1): 2005–06

* FA Community Shield (1): 2006

* UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

* Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

* FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Individual awards

* Don Balón Award (1): 2001–02

* UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05

* FA Premier League Manager of the Month (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009

Sign him up Randy :thumb:

We should be busting our balls to get Rafa to Villa.

I think he would bankrupt the club.

Our last set of accounts showed we were losing approx £100k per day, that is not sustainable and Rafa likes to spend

We should be busting our balls to get Rafa to Villa.

I think he would bankrupt the club.

Our last set of accounts showed we were losing approx £100k per day, that is not sustainable and Rafa likes to spend

Liverpool are a big club with lots of income, he spent what he was given and won them trophies. I'm sure he'd discuss with Randy what sort of budget he'd be working in and then decide whether he thinks he can do anything with it.

The manager's job is to win games and trophies, its the responsibility of others at the club to make money (if that is what the owner wants?).

heres my take..why do we belive we are a big club? its regarded out side of the midlands were not! i read on here & heard today on talksport how upset villa fans are if sm was our new manager! intresting views today & tony cascarino was bang on! as soon as we have a player his head is turned & hes off,we carnt offer downing champions league or ash,we havnt EVER kicked a clucking ball in the champions league! we havnt won the fa cup since 1957,& to date last win was 1996. the managers we have been linked with have either played or managed at a better level than we can offer so why are we knifing steve mcClaren? the guy was worked under the best manager in the last 25 years at the biggest club in the world,managed england (and failed but every manager fails with england!) no shame their! won the double in holland,won the cup with boro & hes not up to scratch! ffs i think villa fans should take a sit down ,a deep breath & realise the true position were in.

I would agree but that would make half of VT come over here, shit in my letterbox, kill all my relatives and eat my balls while I was still alive while they took a piss in my eye. I ain't havin' none of that! There's some scary emotional people on here. ;)

But spot on mate, spot on.

and micky quinn said the same, its odd though that cascarino a chelsea fan wouldnt want to touch mcclaren with a shitty stick if it meant mcclaren would manage chelsea and the same with quinn, he would stop eating pies in horror if mcclaren were to be considered for the newcastle job.

everyone saying he would be good seem to be rival fans, i wonder why?

if there were no decent managers around and it was the start of the season i would understand names such as mcclanren, martinez and hughes being banded around. it is not the start of the season and there are plenty of top or decent managers out there available to not have to worry about poor managers, average managers or mcclaren who is above hughes in terms of manager abilities but still not good enough.

stop selling your club short, we are probably 7th in terms of resources available to us in the premier league, we are 4th in terms of history and 6th in terms of recent premier league history.

so why be happy to settle for a manager who would be lucky to get a 10th place team next season?

mcclaren has won a couple things, he won a cup which the scum won last season, it is a trophy so cant be bad but he is certainly not some managerial genius.

Would be very interesting to see a new poll with Jol, Ancelotti, Lambert and Deschamps removed now that they are out of contention and see how their votes would be redistributed.