Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Ok so with Jol out, Hughes unlikely, McLaren hated, Moyes not interested and what ever is going on with Carlo the situation has changed alot since GH left.

If the situation is as it seems i would say;

A) go all out for Martinez, a very promising young european manager, lacking a bit of experience but a good motivator and well respected by his players

or

B) Make GMac manager, KMac Assistant, and bring in Laursen to replace Kmac.

Opinions Please!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mazrim...Why do ALL your posts end with a bitchy remark??

Theres just no need. Grow up.

:?

They dont. Why do you keep refering to people as children though whilst we're on the subject?

You can bet your top dollar this would NEVER happen at any other so called big clubs. We ARE a big club btw.

So remind me when did Chelsea name their new manager? You know, that tiny club from London who've been without a manager since the end of the season?

Exactly. And they clearly knew that they were going to sack Ancelotti for quite a while before they did.

I think you will find that Hiddink is 99% certain to join them. Even the Turkish F.A have came out and confirmed this.

But he hasn't joined and hasn't even been interviews yet, not til next week, were interviewing candidates at the moment, were going to have someone in place by next week. That guy will have 3 weeks before pre season and 2 months before a proper game. Is that honestly that bad???? No different to Chelsea..

Hiddink wont be interviewed. Abramovich knows that he wants Hiddink and has done for ages...possibly even before he appointed Ancelotti.

The fact that Hiddink and the Turkish FA are openly talking about it in the media would suggest that the deal is more or less done. Its probably only Hiddinks release from turkish FA that is holding everything up

However, I think it is still important that Villa install a manager quickly. The players are uncertain of their futures, the transfer window is open soon and there are a number of players that could jump ship (Young, Downing, rumours of Bent), plus the 10 players that have been released.

Thank you.

Its the players not knowing what the fook is going on that im most concerned about. They need assurances just the same as us fans do

And they will within the next week? Were not talking about waiting a month or something.

Ok so with Jol out, Hughes unlikely, McLaren hated, Moyes not interested and what ever is going on with Carlo the situation has changed alot since GH left.

A) go all out for Martinez, a very promising young european manager, lacking a bit of experience but a good motivator and well respected by his players

or

Opinions Please!

No

No

Tom Ross just responded to my comment on McClaren

"Dave McClaren is now favourite with the bookies, not such a stuppid rumour eh! Sorry he isn't your cup of tea.

I also hear its between him and Benetez but thats just what I am hearing"

It’s all about playing your audience people.

When news of Ancellotti slipped out, everyone got excited to the point of bursting until the rumours were quashed. To then go and announce another manager, no matter who – he would have been a disappointment in comparison for most fans.

So what do you do? You release a few whispers here and there, play the press at their own game with a few dummy rumours – mostly involving much more depressing options such as McClaren. The fans then work themselves into a fear frenzy, imagining the worst and turning on each other arguing that the end is nigh. Then wham – reveal afore mentioned new guy, who now seems like the saviour of the universe in light of all the doom and gloom which has immediately preceded his appointment!

Classic PR ploy.

I don't think the Ancelotti thing is smoke and mirrors at all, after all there are direct quotes from him stating that he's taking time out of management, as far as I'm concerned that rules him out and makes it rather foolish to think otherwise.

MM is often touted as being the big ITK on this board, but what has he actually got right in the past? Not knocking him or anything, I just genuinely don't know.

Sorry about the 3am stuff guys I thought the "sleep well" at the end of my post was a giveaway that it was a wind-up :crylaugh::crylaugh: didn't realize I'd catch so many people ! :crylaugh:

Anyway back on topic - why haven't we appointed Benitez yet?

Oh, good one.

Banhammer?

The mangers vacancy at Chelsea is completely different to the vacant seat at Villa Park..

Chelsea already have a team of world class players and can easily tempt the best players in the world and probably the best managers, regardless of who is in charge.

With Villa it is very different..

Sorry about the 3am stuff guys I thought the "sleep well" at the end of my post was a giveaway that it was a wind-up :crylaugh::crylaugh: didn't realize I'd catch so many people ! :crylaugh:

#

You know where the door is.

To be honest mate, you didn't catch too many, it was mainly people like me that live in Australia and others that live in the US that were posting at that time. It was midday here so when i get to log on in my lunch to have a look at whats happening....which usually isn't too much around that time, however you did create a bit of good banter!

:D:D

Mazrim...Why do ALL your posts end with a bitchy remark??

Theres just no need. Grow up.

:?

They dont. Why do you keep refering to people as children though whilst we're on the subject?

i think you answered your own question there pal.

You can bet your top dollar this would NEVER happen at any other so called big clubs. We ARE a big club btw.

So remind me when did Chelsea name their new manag

er? You know, that tiny club from London who've been without a manager since the end of the season?

Exactly. And they clearly knew that they were going to sack Ancelotti for quite a while before they did.

I think you will find that Hiddink is 99% certain to join them. Even the Turkish F.A have came out and confirmed this.

But he hasn't joined and hasn't even been interviews yet, not til next week, were interviewing candidates at the moment, were going to have someone in

place by next week. That guy will have 3 weeks before pre season and 2 months before a proper game. Is that honestly that bad???? No different to Chelsea..

Hiddink wont be interviewed. Abramovich knows that he wants Hiddink and has done for ages...possibly even before he appointed Ancelotti.

The fact that Hiddink and the Turkish FA are openly talking about it in the media would suggest that the deal is more or less done. Its probably only Hiddinks release from turkish FA that is holding everything up

But it still doesnt mean anything, he's still working for Turkey so won't be talking with Chelsea players or Thinking about Chelsea pre season, he won't start any quicker than what our manager will. The only difference is thru seem to be quite certain it's hiddink where as we are interviewing several candidates.

Oh, good one.

Banhammer?

I didn't even know about this 3am stuff, I went to bed yesterday around 8pm, but ended up waking up around 2:30am because of the silly time I went to bed...I noticed a lot of people on VT then...Haha I wasn't on for that reason as I knew nothing about it.

or

Opinions Please!

No

No

Really? Gmac would be my prefered of the 2, he got the team playing really well towards the end of the season when GH was out, plus hes ben doing half the manager job all season as GH didnt take training sessions