Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

How many pages do you think this thread will get to before we have an official announcement of a manager. We should start a pool. Im gonna go for an announcement of page 632.

Anyone else got a guess?

It'll be much lower than that as this, and probably its replacement thread will be locked before an appointment is made.

Probably right. Page one it is then.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so with Jol out, Hughes unlikely, McLaren hated, Moyes not interested and what ever is going on with Carlo the situation has changed alot since GH left.

If the situation is as it seems i would say;

A) go all out for Martinez, a very promising young european manager, lacking a bit of experience but a good motivator and well respected by his players

or

B) Make GMac manager, KMac Assistant, and bring in Laursen to replace Kmac.

Opinions Please!

Are you being serious or just trolling like others on here?

GMac and KMac?? Where's GMac's managerial record for one? Secondly how on earth are we going to retain our best talents and convince new ones to join under GMac? Do you honest think the likes of Young, Downing, Bent etc believe GMac has what it takes to get us challenging for the champions league?

Reputation of the man taking over is just as important here as his managerial skill in my opinion as we've reached that point now where after a few years of being in and around the challengers we're starting to slip away - our players know it too and won't stick around long unless we get someone who they truly believe has the ability to get us back in contention!

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

Re: Who Should be Aston Villa Manager ?

« Reply #2250on: Today at 2:47:50 PM »

Just had a text that says confirmed interviews are Curbishley, Hughes and McClaren, Ancelotti isn't interested as reported, Benitez has been told a polite "no thank you"

Only joking, get a life saddoes!

Talksport Drive Time, say the same source who told him about Tevez going to City has said McLaren will not be going to Villa.

The talksport drive team often talk to Kia Jorabchin - agent to (among others) Tevez and Mark Hughes....

Just putting two and two together...

Sorry about the 3am stuff guys I thought the "sleep well" at the end of my post was a giveaway that it was a wind-up :crylaugh::crylaugh: didn't realize I'd catch so many people ! :crylaugh:

Anyway back on topic - why haven't we appointed Benitez yet?

To be honest mate, you didn't catch too many, it was mainly people like me that live in Australia and others that live in the US that were posting at that time. It was midday here so when i get to log on in my lunch to have a look at whats happening....which usually isn't too much around that time, however you did create a bit of good banter!

:D:D

Not sure anyone was "caught" It's a time zone thing. Your 3:00 AM is 7:00PM where I am which is when I read the board anyway. The football news over here centers on the US is playing in the Gold Cup today which is Bob or Micahel Bradley related.

Turns out there are reports that Bob Bradley might get the sack if the US doesn't have a winning showing in the Cup. Coming back on topic here Villa fans best hope some one is appointment manager of the club soon or the Bob Bradley to Villa rumors will really start to flare up in two weeks time! :lol::lol::lol: Michael's loan return has been extended for the new manager to decide, btw. Hmmm wonder if his dad would send him back to Germany. How's that for a wind up! :P

I don't think the Ancelotti thing is smoke and mirrors at all, after all there are direct quotes from him stating that he's taking time out of management, as far as I'm concerned that rules him out and makes it rather foolish to think otherwise.

MM is often touted as being the big ITK on this board, but what has he actually got right in the past? Not knocking him or anything, I just genuinely don't know.

He's the king john. From what I've read he is also and older gent so doesn't play and silly ITK games.

Gave us any news he had when he got it. The bent deal he knew about ages before.

I for one miss him loads. Even had his profile page book marked so I could check his recent posts.

Tom Ross just responded to my comment on McClaren

"Dave McClaren is now favourite with the bookies, not such a stuppid rumour eh! Sorry he isn't your cup of tea.

I also hear its between him and Benetez but thats just what I am hearing"

Dave Maclaren????

God. that Tom Ross is a sage of information! :lol:

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

Just had a text that says confirmed interviews are Curbishley, Hughes and McClaren, Ancelotti isn't interested as reported, Benitez has been told a polite "no thank you"

:lol:

Don't do that!

Sorry about the 3am stuff guys I thought the "sleep well" at the end of my post was a giveaway that it was a wind-up :crylaugh::crylaugh: didn't realize I'd catch so many people ! :crylaugh:

Anyway back on topic - why haven't we appointed Benitez yet?

free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

A little ditty to celebrate the imminent arrival of our highly experienced european and international manager:

He's got ginger hair and his name's Steve McLaren

Its our biggest nightmare but his name's Steve McLaren

We thought Randy wouldn't dare but his name's Steve McLaren

Ooooooooooooooh Steve McLaren

I still think Ancelotti is in the running. But the best thing I've read all day is MM saying it won't be McClaren. :D

Im thinking the same, with Hughes as back up.

There is a lot misinformation going on, but now Fulham have Jol, things should become clearer by the weekend imo.

There is only one manager who I will get excited about and that is Rijkaard and Villa should be doing all we can to get his services. The rest of the names mentioned makes me even less excited than when we got Houllier.

Aston Villa have taken court action against Rafa Benitez following a series of desperate attempts by the former Liverpool boss to find a new job. Rafa, who still lives in the UK, has been unemployed since being sacked by Inter Milan in December.

An insider at Villa has stated that Rafa has been hounding Randy Lerner, the Villa Chairman, with phone calls, texts, tweets and even personal visits. "He is constantly ringing up begging for a job, he even offered to slice the half time oranges if we gave him a tracksuit with his initials on it." It was only when Benitez turned up at Mr Lerners home address that it was decided he had gone too far.

"He turned up in the middle of the night wearing nothing but a sandwich board with the words, "Will work for food" scrawled on it and a crudely cut out replica of the European Cup he won with Liverpool in 2005." It is believed this event was the final straw for Mr Lerner and after the local police lead Benitez away he called his solicitor to instigate legal proceedings.

Rafa was not available for comment but he has been seen in numerous parks around the country offering to coach groups of kids having a kick around.

;)

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

:lol:

Don't do that!

Just got in and this is the first post I've read. Please someone tell me MM hasn't said that?

Can somebody copy and paste MM's post

Mazrim get a sense of humour !!

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

« Reply #2169 on: Today at 12:37:50 PM »Smokescreens and mirrors . Villa maybe just not very happy about Ancelotti story and GH story being leaked a little prematurely thus throw a banana skin in (-

i like what he did there, making an umbrella sign (-

im hoping as is pretty much every other villa fan, that we get someone in who is a top manager, not a mcclaren type or even worse, a hughes type.

time is running out though, ashley young leaving this week will put us in even more of a decline to outsiders, this will make it more difficult for the new man to get everyone behind him.

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

Has that message been deleted as I cannot see it on there now.

What a great shortlist by the way. Really pleased with the direction we are going in.