Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulhum, a club reportedly smaller than we are, have managed to appoint a manager who will probably be better than who we appoint (unless we get Moyes), in less time.

What are the excuses? Because this is heading in a dangerously similar direction to the Houllier appointment, having started off quite promisingly. For whatever reason, we've now missed out on 2 of my top 3 choices, and unless we get Moyes, then we'll have been out done by this man:

mohamed-al-fayed-300x190.jpg

Fulhum, a club reportedly smaller than we are, have managed to appoint a manager who will probably be better than who we appoint (unless we get Moyes), in less time.

What are the excuses? Because this is heading in a dangerously similar direction to the Houllier appointment, having started off quite promisingly. For whatever reason, we've now missed out on 2 of my top 3 choices, and unless we get Moyes, then we'll have been out done by this man:

You went to all that effort for this post. I'd say Rafa and Hughes are better than Jol.

You went to all that effort for this post. I'd say Rafa and Hughes are better than Jol.

You'd be surprised how easy it was to find a picture of Al Fayed looking stupid M10.

OK what with whats happened today here's my new list

1. Hughes

2. Martinez

3. Moyes

126. Benitez

678. McClaren

So you'd prefer a man who's kept Wigan up by the skin of his teeth, to a man who took Boro to 7th, won the League Cup, got to a European final and won a Dutch club their first ever title? Can I ask why?

There's no excuses this time round.

They've had since mid-April to prepare for this scenario. The fact people are telling us to be a patient haven't really got a clue on how imbalanced the squad is. Our starting goalkeeper, midfielder and right back have left. We have a good winger who's leaving as well WITHOUT any manager in place and there's a possiblity another winger could leave. They're not going to hang about.

There's also the fact we have deadwood on high wages that may require more time to get rid of and the rest of the players being rather average or inexperienced. Another thing is we gotta go to a tournament next month.

We need all the time we can get in the grand scheme of things. I expect a manager installed this week.

Doc Emmett?

Still think it could be Rafa.

The way things are (reportedly, I stress) heading, I'd take Rafa as second choice behind Moyes, who appears unrealistic anyway.

Where are they reportedly heading then?

Martinez ?? What has he done to deserve a mention ?

he's a shocking manager imo

I'm not sure about MArtinez. He sets his teams up to play attacking football, but Wigan have always been hit and miss. Sometimes they will rip their opponents apart, other times they'll look absolutely woeful.

I wonder whether he'd do a better job with a team with better defenders. Even though he bought Caldwell and the other clowns in their team, he's worked on a tight budget.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd do a good job if he could set up his attacking team with a strong defence behind it?

The way things are (reportedly, I stress) heading, I'd take Rafa as second choice behind Moyes, who appears unrealistic anyway.

Well its okay for you then. I'm going to throw myself under a a tube train if it is

Doc Emmett?

More like Yoda.

OK what with whats happened today here's my new list

1. Hughes

2. Martinez

3. Moyes

126. Benitez

678. McClaren

So you'd prefer a man who's kept Wigan up by the skin of his teeth, to a man who took Boro to 7th, won the League Cup, got to a European final and won a Dutch club their first ever title? Can I ask why?

Because I like the way Martinez approaches the game, his team play some great football, he was unlucky with injuries and didn't have much of a budget. He'd start with a much better group of players and I think we should get him while we can. He's a modern, intelligent manager on the up, in my opinion, and McClaren isn't.

You'd be surprised how easy it was to find a picture of Al Fayed looking stupid M10.

We'll revisit this when the new manager of AVFC is appointed.

Well its okay for you then. I'm going to throw myself under a a tube train if it is

Who could we get that is better than Rafa?