Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this right... Houllier leaves villa (or is told it's best to call it a day) no real surprise, it was on the cards. The next day Hughes leaves Fulham, a definate surprise to everyone at Fulham.

A week goes by & Jol is appointed manager of Fulham.

A week goes by & villa appoint nobody

My point here is Fulham had no idea they were going to be in the market for a new manager & land a bloody good one too. Villa have had the possiblity of needing to appoint a new manager for several weeks & yet we are still without one.

Fulham's season starts at the end of this month with the europa league. We can afford to wait, Fulham couldn't.

Someone I know in the Betting Marketplace has just e mialed me to say that a client has just placed £365k on Owen Coyle as the New Villa manager !

No ITK knowledge just a word from a friend in the betting industry !

which bookies ?

:shock:

Surely we'll see this in the odds this evening then?

I don't actually think McClaren would be an awful choice, he did well at Middlesbrough, learned a lot under Fergie during the treble winning season, and did a sensational job winning the Dutch league with FC Twente. The main thing holding him back is his shattered reputation in this country after the England fiasco, his appointment would no doubt see shirt and season ticket sales decline, which I think means he definitely won't be appointed.

Of the managers we're currently linked to I think Benitez is without a doubt the best option, that is unless there's a manager Lerner has in mind that none of us have thought of.

His record at Boro was very average imo.

Yes he won a league cup and had good european run one season but think ppl forget he was quite heavily backed there and often finished in bottom half of league and were just **** awful at times .

He also bought some real utter rubbish and certainly didnt do Boro any financial favours.

Someone I know in the Betting Marketplace has just e mialed me to say that a client has just placed £365k on Owen Coyle as the New Villa manager !

which bookies ?

I would imagine at that value it was done online ... but just checking the odds on Owen Coyle and there does seem a lot of movement !

I call BS on that!

Bookies put limits on how much you can bet when dealing with something someone can have "inside info" on (as opposed to a match where no one can know the result in advance).

The same way they close these bets over night.

There is no way they would allow someone to bet £365k as there is a chance it could be Owen Coyles mate and it would clean them out.

We should be busting our balls to get Rafa to Villa.

I think he would bankrupt the club.

Our last set of accounts showed we were losing approx £100k per day, that is not sustainable and Rafa likes to spend

Benitez bankrupt the club? Are you joking? :shock:

That's already been pretty much done by MON

MON quadrupled the wages from £20m to £80m when he left - £10m more than Spurs and their top heavey playing squad full of internationals.

Wages to turnover % a disgrace. Also when MON left the wages we were paying out were HIGHER than leeds when they were in their first financial position - except they had a few world class players - who've we got?

So Benitez would have to go a long way to match MON - as i've said before it really will take YEARS for us to get on a stable financial footing after the way MON left us.

I'd rather we avoided Rafa because of the Liverpool link, I'd rather we avoided Hughes because, to me, he is average and I'd rather we avoided McLaren simply because everyone appears to hate him and the fans would be on his back from the start.

I'd prefer we went for a Premier League-unproven manager or foreign manager tbh.

As established as Rafa, Hughes and McLaren are.. I just want something new and exciting!

Rijkaard or someone else who likes to play attractive, attacking football would be nice.

Would be very interesting to see a new poll with Jol, Ancelotti, Lambert and Deschamps removed now that they are out of contention and see how their votes would be redistributed.

Let's do it. I voted for Jol

Same here, although to be honest I have absolutely no idea who I would vote for. At the moment it seems to be a sea of average with a couple of pieces of shit thrown in.

talkSPORT saying we are being stupid not wanting the Wally. "I don't understand why Aston Villa fans think they are bigger than SM who do they think they are?"

Are they actually saying that McClaren is bigger than Aston Villa? I know they talk a load of rubbish but they aren't seriously saying that are they?

Please not Coyle... overrated.

WHAT!?!?!?

He is..

rubbish tactics imo also too much long ball for my liking.. has no plan B as we saw against Stoke.. Stoke thrashed them 5-0.. sorry but no thanks.

Stoke are under-rated. Coyle has got Bolton playing some very attractive football this season imo.

Each to their own anyhow mate.

talkSPORT saying we are being stupid not wanting the Wally. "I don't understand why Aston Villa fans think they are bigger than SM who do they think they are?"

Are they actually saying that McClaren is bigger than Aston Villa? I know they talk a load of rubbish but they aren't seriously saying that are they?

Of course they would.

Gets more Villa fans calling on their expencive phone number.