Emile Heskey

R.Bear

I said to my mate yesterday in the ground that if Heskey scores he's celebrate like he won the world cup........You're right though he was brilliant for 45 mins yesterday

If that was brilliant **** knows what people would think if we had a decent centre forward like Cisse from Newcastle! Heskey was put clean through yesterday but was A) Too slow to get his shot away and B) Too slow.

We dont have £10m to spend on Cisse anymore so you can forget about that.

He should go. End of

You don't know that for sure. Nobody has come out and stated that we won't be buying any players this summer. Also, what if Bent or Gabby leaves? That would bring in a substantial fee. Trouble is, I wouldn't trust McLeish to spend it. I can just imagine him offering Blues £10m for that donkey Zigic!

I don't get it. He's almost turned into a Carew without the goals.

For 90% of the season (both this and last) he's shit, goes down way too easy, ball bounces off him, can't control or pass a football, constantly makes bad decisions and quite frankly should never be anywhere near this standard of football.

Yet last couple weeks and if you were to have never seen him play before and watched him vs Spurs yesterday, you'd have said what an excellent performance it was, determined, made sure everything both into his chest and into his feet stuck. In difficult situations where usually he'd simply lose the ball, he was turning away from a player and finding a midfield option or winning a throw in.

It seems to be motivation at times, most the season, he just never looks like he wants to be there but recently, he's fighting and scraping for every ball and looks physically dominant as well as a very tidy footballer.

Unfortunately, as said, you can't just do it for 3/4 games over the season. He needs to go, we all know that.

Really, he hasn't give us much to be thankful for but I guess people don't really have a bad word against him as a person and hard working professional and that counts for something.

Given the last few games he's shown a far better attitude and commitment to his performance compared to a few in the squad. You're right in the sense he can't just turn up with 5 games to go and hope to get a new contract. Not for the reported £60,000 a week. He's not good enough. He should leave in the summer.

I said to my mate yesterday in the ground that if Heskey scores he's celebrate like he won the world cup........You're right though he was brilliant for 45 mins yesterday

If that was brilliant **** knows what people would think if we had a decent centre forward like Cisse from Newcastle! Heskey was put clean through yesterday but was A) Too slow to get his shot away and B) Too slow.

whilst true, up against Kaboul most would have failed to get shots off. Can remember him beating Gabby several times last season. Good finish to the season but please let him go now. As much as anything, the last two seasons have shown me that you cant afford to blood to many kids.

Emile Heskey says he still has ambitions to play in the Premier League after he leaves Aston Villa next week.

The former England striker helped Villa draw 1-1 with Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, a result that guarantees them a Premier League place despite a torrid season in which they have only won four home matches. But next Sunday's final Premier League game at Norwich is also likely to be Heskey's last.

He said: "I haven't got a club to be honest. Obviously my contract is up so I just take it day by day and see what crops up. I'm 34, I still feel I can play so I don't see why I need to retire just now. There are no contract talks with Villa so I will be looking elsewhere. From when I started, I always said I wanted to play at the highest level wherever that might be. You always strive for that."

Heskey said the loss of Darren Bent for the last two months had been a setback. "Avoiding relegation is a massive weight off our shoulders. We have left it late but the lads have been battling on. It's been very difficult for us and we've had a lot of injuries, but we've got on with it, battled through and that is what you get from us.

"It has been difficult, missing Benty as well. That's been one big thing for us and all of us have been getting niggly injuries.Also missing our captain Stan [stilian Petrov]. Just having him on the pitch at times is a massive boost to the lads and we've missed him since he is having his own little battle. But we did it for him and did it for the club.

"You've just got to rally. The lads are capable of winning games. Sometimes when you get into a bit of a rut, your head gets down and you can't find yourselves getting out of it. But we've all got to stick together and rally and try and push ourselves forward."

Heskey lent his support for his manager Alex McLeish. "He is a battler, he will battle on. I think we needed a few more players. I'm sure Alex will have people on his radar and hopefully get them in."

Guardian

He's gone! Cheers for the goals Emile.

I am sure Heskey will find some half baked manager that needs a striker who can't score, falls over a lot and needs substituting after 60 minutes because he is knackered.

Good luck in your future Emile. I'd like to say it has been a pleasure watching you play but it really hasn't.

Bye Emile.

I'm sure that you are a nice lad, but in years to come the thing that I will most remember about your career is the John Gregory "roller skates" quote.

'nuff said really.

Â