General Chat

maqroll

QPR's owner has only had the keys 2 months! hard to see him bringing something like this up at a chairmans meeting, like i said i think its foreign owner bashing for the sake of it based on a complete theory

"there are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League.

"If we have four or five more new owners, that could happen."

that number could be 1 and 4/5 new owners making it happen is a completely baseless statement, or is he claiming that 9/10 clubs want this already and it only needs 4/5 more? if thats the case then its not just foreign owned clubs talking about it

shit stirring nonsense IMHO

Yep, I'm with you on this. It's just xenophobic bullshit.

There is nothing to say that foreign owners want to scrap relegation and good old English owners are in favour of the current system.

A new owner taking over someone like Wolves is going to be far more in favour of scrapping relegation than someone taking over Chelsea or Man U regardless of their nationality.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than blackburn none of the clubs who i would class as relegation threatened are foreign owned, id argue that its more likely to suit english owned clubs and therefore more likely to be the likes of dave whelan asking for it, its an absolute bullshit story

sunderland fulham and QPR

Dare I say it Villa arent exactly safe from relegation...

We're not relegation threatened.

Im not saying were staring relegation in the face. However it would be foolish to think were safe from relegation. Were level on points with Norwich who I think the whole country would agree is relegation threatened.

Our playing staff is weaker, yet our management structure is stronger. Like last year 10th and downwards will probably be scrapping for points, were no different.

Anyway, no relegation is a stupid idea. But if it means last years stresses never happens again, and Small Heath stay in the Chumpionship, every cloud has a silver lining...

It's October. The fact that some teams who are relegation threatened are near to us doesn't suddenly make us relegation threatened too. As much as it pains me to say it, we're in the "mid-table obscurity" group of clubs.

QPR's owner has only had the keys 2 months! hard to see him bringing something like this up at a chairmans meeting, like i said i think its foreign owner bashing for the sake of it based on a complete theory

"there are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League.

that number could be 1 and 4/5 new owners making it happen is a completely baseless statement, or is he claiming that 9/10 clubs want this already and it only needs 4/5 more? if thats the case then its not just foreign owned clubs talking about it

There is nothing to say that foreign owners want to scrap relegation and good old English owners are in favour of the current system.

A new owner taking over someone like Wolves is going to be far more in favour of scrapping relegation than someone taking over Chelsea or Man U regardless of their nationality.

it did come from the LMA who are very vocal about having English managers as well

it did come from the LMA who are very vocal about having English managers as well

I always did wonder why my copy of LMA Manager crashed every time I tried start a new game as my management alter-ego "Gazetti del Roberto".

I think that settles it then - Howard Wilkinson is TRS-T.

I've been trying for ages now to find the footage from Sports Personality of the year 2001 of the England qualifying campaign where we had the 5-1 and the Beckham free kick.

it's one of the best sporting highlights i've ever watched and I CANNOT FIND THE BLOODY THING.

does anyone remember it?

I believe they had the soundtrack from American Beauty over the top for the Beckham free kick and then the sound of the crowd and Motty and Brooking going bezzerk when it went in.

masterful editing, I remember getting chills watching it. Actually made the moment better.

I've been trying for ages now to find the footage from Sports Personality of the year 2001 of the England qualifying campaign where we had the 5-1 and the Beckham free kick.

it's one of the best sporting highlights i've ever watched and I CANNOT FIND THE BLOODY THING.

does anyone remember it?

I believe they had the soundtrack from American Beauty over the top for the Beckham free kick and then the sound of the crowd and Motty and Brooking going bezzerk when it went in.

masterful editing, I remember getting chills watching it. Actually made the moment better.

You sure you weren't tapping into one of Zatman's nightmares?

Alessandro Del Piero told yeah man you know that last year of the contract forget about it we dont need you after 20 years bye now

27553_125512290798881_3236_n.jpg

In the words of the virgin mary....come again?

:P The lack of any punctuation completely played with my mind but after reading that it all makes sense now. What a terrible way to treat an absolute legend of the game. Disgraceful really.

the champions league group stages really are shit, aren't they? only get interesting towards the end, when it's essentially a knockout game. so why bother? well money of course, but still.

they should change to a knockout competition from the start and the higher seeds come in later. like the FA cup.

the champions league group stages really are shit, aren't they? only get interesting towards the end, when it's essentially a knockout game. so why bother? well money of course, but still.

they should change to a knockout competition from the start and the higher seeds come in later. like the FA cup.

Unless you were watching Shaktar Donesk vs Zenit St Petersburgh, that game was intense!

The greatest manager since sliced bread Didier Deschamps getting criticized by his own board

Yeah, he's having a shit season. Sure he's got potential, but he's no Houllier.